Crushing caps/tabs ?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do intermittent fasting, one meal a day. Eating window is about 1 hour, fasting is for 24hrs. I take the following:

-Multi (3 tabs)
-Nicain(1 cap)
-Biotin(1 cap)
-CLA(8 gelatin caps)
-Acidophilus(2 caps)
-Fish Oil(25 liquid tabs)
-B compleX (1 cap)
-Glucosamine/Chonditrin(4 tabs)
-Calcium citrate(2 tabs)
-Vit D (10 liqui caps)
-Vit C (5 Tabs)
-Potassium (Four 000 caps)
-Chromium( 1 tab)
-Vit E/Selenium (2 liqui caps)
-L-Arginine/L Orthinine ( 1 cap)

Total 69!

ZMA(4 caps) before bed, 2.5 hours after all the above with food.

I tried taking all those caps/tabs with water and it's too much water after the food, tried chewing some food then throw the tabs in, works, but I get stomach pain, I think it's from all the tabs, cause I didn't take any one night except the ZMA and I didn't have any stomach pain.

My question is this, can I crush the above tabs and mix them in with food or empty the capsules, cut the liquid tabs open and drink them? or any way you suggest?

I'm buying powdered and liquid vitamins and minerals for almost all the above when I run out of mine, but for now, I'm stuck with tabs and caps...HELP!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a problem with that at all... the only time I'd be hesistant to do that would be if something was designed to be timed released.

Not to be an ass, but half before/half after the meal might be something to consider (completely utilizing that 60 min window) if mashing pills turns out to be a huge nusiance.

By the way, how many days a week do you IF? I've been real interested in trying it... read some pretty interesting things about it and its benefits. And man... must be a crazy hour... hahaha

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't see a problem with that at all... the only time I'd be hesistant to do that would be if something was designed to be timed released.

Not to be an ass, but half before/half after the meal might be something to consider (completely utilizing that 60 min window) if mashing pills turns out to be a huge nusiance.

By the way, how many days a week do you IF? I've been real interested in trying it... read some pretty interesting things about it and its benefits. And man... must be a crazy hour... hahaha
LOL sure is :D

I do it everyday now, been on it for 6 days, I'm mainly looking to cut down to 7-8% and increase all aspects of functional fitness.

I'll try the half before half after tonight, if that doesn't work, I'll just mash em up and drink em/eat em!.

So far I'm loving IF, but everyone likes trying new things and saying how effective they are and how good they "feel" in the first few days, feeling is for school girls, results are for adults. :D

I can give you a better opinion about a month in, see if it's sustainable, etc.... although you don't need to fast everyday to get the benefits.

I still eat high fat, low carb med protein foods, no junk, Workouts are so far much better, it takes ALL the guess work and obsession out of dieting, no more packing food, worrying about eating, etc.... it's great.

No loss in strength or muscle, no change in fat composition either, but it's only been 6 days.

www.Leangains.com

http://avidityfitness.net/2008/01/12/interview-martin-berkhan/

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/intermittent-fasting/fast-way-to-better-health/

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great man, I hope it works out well for you. I've only had one friend who ran with it for a week, but I never got around to speaking to him about how it went down.

I hear ya on taking out the guesswork... that is a huge appeal right there. Thanks for the links - I got me some readin' to do! And keep us posted on how it goes! From the limited research I've done on IF, that hardest days are the initial few as it can be such a drastic change in eating patterns. Sounds like you've already got way past that phase, ready to rock.