please help an idiot out, i want the truth

wsc04forever

Awards
hello everyone, i just joined today, my name is brad and im from massachusetts, glad to be hear, im 24 yrs old

my main reason for coming hear is to get honest recommendations from honest everyday real people who know what their talking about and have no underlying agenda

im sick and tired of going to gnc and not knowing wether the guy is trying to push product or actually help me out, i started lifting maybe when i was 16, off and on and i am now 24

its very simple, all i want is a preworkout supplement that helps me get the strongest weight lifting workouts i can acheive, maybe there is nothing i dont know lol

i also want a post workout protein shake that is for purely muscle gain, not lean muscle, but big muscles

and finally a multivitamin

or if i am way off than just let me know, that is just what i have been told is the way to go, but im putting my trust in here because i prefer to hear from real people who dont have agendas

ive tried xyience nox cg3(because of the ufc lol), ive tried muscletech nano vapor(because of gnc guy), and other stuff aswell

before i turn this into a rant, i just would like to hear all suggestions you guys have, please chime in as it would be greatly appreciated

im open to any and all recommendations and advice, just looking for some good supplement advice from people who know what they're talkin about

-brad

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
MST Ragnarok or jp8 by get Diesel: either of these will help with pw

golden finish from controlled labs: post workout shake

mvp from mst for a multi!

there u go, now go hit the weights!

Thanks
GJJ

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
Hey Brad,

for pre-workout, there are two products that I have really liked. First, BSN NO Xplode was really good. Also, i like Hyper Top-X from Advanced Muscle Science. Trop-X is pills, which i really liked because you dont feel bloated from a big pre-workout shake.

Post work out, i'd say go with Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein. It has a bunch of good stuff in there that help with recovery (little bit of glutamine, beta-alanine and Lucine in small doses)

for a multi-vitamin go with Universal Animal Pak...lots of good stuff in there as well.

Depending, you might want to try a Micronized creatine...i take Higher Power Micronized Creating...14.99 for a half of a year supply. very worth it

wsc04forever

Awards
glad to see some fast responses, greatly appreciated

wish i came here yesterday before i went to gnc and blew a shitload of cash

by the way right now im taking this stuff that the salesguy recommended

pre workout - black powder??

protein - muscletech mass tech

and mega man sport multi

$126 i spent, i really shoulda came here first:frustrate

thahotboy

thahotboy

Awards
  • Established
best pre-workout for me was RPM and Smash is good too!! post work out try scivation whey! or if you want a weight gainner with a lto of calories try Muscle juice! And for you multi Try ADAM by NOW , very good !!!

avenue Red

Awards
at least your here and learning. you should see about returning the items. i know that protein is a rip off for sure. if u dont plan on ever going back to GNC dont worry about trying to return the products just go in and get your money back.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
WHITE FLOOD PILLS OR POWDER by CONTROLLED LABS
this stuff works pretty well, i like it :)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
here's the straight up answer, anything you see advertised in magazines is usually over priced hype. as a former GNC employee i know that certain items like muscle tech have a higher commission per product. no product is going to put on lean muscle or big muscle. it's all about how many calories you take in. if you wanna go all out on a bulk get some protein( i love ON whey) and i would suggest white flood by controlled labs for pre workout and some extend and for post workout recovery just some waximaize(or kwick karb from nutra planet) and bulk creatine mono.

in order to get big just eat. if you want a weight gainer drink just make your own. every morning for breakfast i make my own shake consisting of 1 cup of oats 2tbs peanut butter, 1 banana or handfull of berries, 2 scoops protein powder and 2 cups skim milk. throw that all in a blender and you're starting off your day with 1,000 calories.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
glad to see some fast responses, greatly appreciated

wish i came here yesterday before i went to gnc and blew a shitload of cash

by the way right now im taking this stuff that the salesguy recommended

pre workout - black powder??

protein - muscletech mass tech

and mega man sport multi

$126 i spent, i really shoulda came here first:frustrate
i've heard good things about black powder but again high commission product for the person at GNC. store weight gainers are garbage and the multi is alright. i'd suggest NOW adams multi. or controlled labs orange triad

wsc04forever

Awards
unfortunately i prolly cant return the stuff cause i opened it and used it today, i thinked it worked well but im not experienced enough to really know if it worked well or not

but anyway ill have to use this stuff for a little while which is ok cause it will give me some time to become accustomed to this site and when it comes time to reload ill have a much better idea next time, thanks for the replys

-brad

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately i prolly cant return the stuff cause i opened it and used it today, i thinked it worked well but im not experienced enough to really know if it worked well or not

but anyway ill have to use this stuff for a little while which is ok cause it will give me some time to become accustomed to this site and when it comes time to reload ill have a much better idea next time, thanks for the replys

-brad
if u still have ur reciept u can take it back. just say it gave u a stomach ache or something. u can technically by their rules use the whole thing and return it within 30 days and say u didn't get the results you were expecting and they will take it back. or just do an exchange, u can keep the multi and the black powder and return the muscle tech garbage, and you can probably get optimum whey and plain creatine mono powder. it's actually fairly cheap there.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Pre Workout -

I like White Flood or Ragnarok. In your situation I'd recommend the Ragnarok pre-workout because it has worked well for me and has a bunch of other goodies such as creatine to keep the quanitity of your supplements down. It is made by MST, and they also have a caffeine free version.

Post Workout Protein Powder -

Golden FinisH
or
Torrent
or
A hidden gym I found called LAVA, haven't used it yet but it's sitting in my cabinet and the label looks good, I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Multivitamin -

Animal Pak

Hope this helps!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
You cant handle the truth!!! :rofl:

Just kidding, had to be said, lots of real solid advice here, cant go wrong with the CL stuff or the animal stuff, ignore all the salesman, ignore the ads, read lots of the logs and reviews here, Ive got nothing else to add but good luck.

surv84

Awards
I'm trying some different things. I agree with a lot of people above though, Animal Pak is a great multi product, that covers a lot of bases. Preworkout, I've used NO-xplode, and its not bad. Nano Vapor is one of 2 Muscletech products that have ever worked for me. I recently ordered the CL stack for preworkout though, as it seems to be pretty popular here amongst people who know their ****. It's White Flood and Green Magnitude. Got a decent price on the combo over on nutraplanet.

As far as pwo whey goes, I just got 10lbr of Elite's Isolate, 10lbs is like $50-60, instead of 2-3lbs of mass-tech.

hope this helps

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i don't know about everybody else but i think animal pack is overkill. and something about swallowing 10 stinky @ss hoarse pills isn't thrilling either

wsc04forever

Awards
im gonna go see if i can return this stuff

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i can agree with the animal pak thing........too many pills for me

wsc04forever

Awards
ok guys

jus went to gnc and returned the mss tech and black powder

told him it made me sick, thanks jsp0785

i got some animal pack

i think im gonna try out the white flood but he didnt have any

the only thing left is a weight gainer protein

thanks again guys, forums are the ballz

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
ok guys

i got some animal pack

Haha.. You seem alright man.

Have you checked out Nutraplanet.com? They've got some of the best deals around!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
yeah those huge chains are just puppets.

was in a Vitamin World checking out their controlled labs stuff (that was on the clearance shelf!!!) and the dude strolls over and says "what are you using?"

so i list the stuff in my rotation right now, and he responds with "oh... hmmm... well i'm using BSN. you would get some good results with BSN"

he didnt even recommend a specific product... just the whole damn line of BSN apparently would fix me up.

tards.

btw- got Blue Up for 19.99 and Purple Wraath big jug for 35.99-- w00t

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
ok guys

i got some animal pack

store bought weight gainers are filled with a ton of sugar and are very expensive. i'm telling right now that you and your wallet will feel much better if u make your own

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Haha.. You seem alright man.

Have you checked out Nutraplanet.com? They've got some of the best deals around!
thats the best thing about this site. its nice to have a board sponsor that really does have the lowest prices out there.

for pre workout, you're really on the right track with the advice given. protein, multi vit, creatine, maybe NO booster (but not necessary), make your own weight gainer shakes. thats about all you need. check out http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html which was put together from learning so much in this forum. these guys are here to help, and have turbocharged my gains. welcome to AM brotha.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
try not to get White Flood from any vitamin world or GNC, often times it has been sitting on the shelf WAY to long!
i have tried t 2 times so fare and both of the jugs smelt like crap, and where the texture, color, and consistency of brown tar! NASTY

wsc04forever

Awards
thanks for the advice, ill check out nutraplanet.com

sounds to me like you guys really like white flood, thats kinda what i was looking for was something that a lot of people stand by because i dont have the money to experiment too much, so i figure if there were some products that most people can vouge for than it would be good enough for me

thanks again for all the suggestions

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
good luck, and come back to tell use how you like it (review) to help out others in your situation:thumbsup: :)

Thudd

Awards
Pre-workout, I reckon save your money and have nothing. If your diet is up to scratch and your mental focus is good my personal opinion is that pre-workout supps are a waste of time and money. If you 'need' a stim or NO product to get a good workout then there's other issues you need to look at first before using a supplement crutch. Best pre-workout supplement is a meal, not too heavy on the carbs, 60-90 minutes before working out. In reality "pre-workout" begins a couple of weeks beforehand and is ongoing, not something that you throw in a shaker bottle to try and make up for sub-par everyday nutrition.

As for post-workout, again you don't need exotic wallet-emptying supps. All you need is a mix of simple and complex carbs and some easily digested protein (ie, pretty much any decent WPC/WPI protein powder, but not the "weight gain" rubbish). My personal mix, which I get great results from (but YMMV and feel free to experiment) is crushed oats, a couple of tablespoons of dextrose, and 50-odd grams of a WPC protein powder. Cheap, and effective.

Frankly, unless you're an elite athlete on a strict training and diet regime then spending $$$ on the latest uber-supps chasing that last 0.5% of performance is pouring money down the drain.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre-WO Supplement: RPM/Cordygen5 stack

Protein: All The Whey Lean and Fit

Multi-Vit: NOW Adam

Cheers.