TORABOLIC: New stuff, sounds promising

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
I recently read about a new product from Indus Biotech that they call Torabolic. Its a special extraction from the fenugreek seed and looks interesting. The study I read on the stuff is available here (Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | Effects of Torabolic supplementation on strength and body composition during an 8-week resistance training program), take a look and tell me what you think...

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I emailed Indus Biotech, see what kind of response they give. If this is better than Testofen I would be awesome. So excellent compounds come from Fenugreek. Testofen, Fenusterols, Hydroxy Isoleucine.

surv84

Awards
Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | Effects of Torabolic supplementation on strength and body composition during an 8-week resistance training program

conclusions:

It is concluded that 500 mg of Torabolic supplementation had a significant impact on both upper- and lower body strength and body composition in comparison to placebo in a double blind controlled trial. These changes were obtained with no clinical side effects. We conclude that in addition to a structured resistance training program, Torabolic can significantly increase strength and muscle mass.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I recently read about a new product from Indus Biotech that they call Torabolic. Its a special extraction from the fenugreek seed and looks interesting. The study I read on the stuff is available here (Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | Effects of Torabolic supplementation on strength and body composition during an 8-week resistance training program), take a look and tell me what you think...
Smells like spam :run:

Last edited:

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
thanks surv84, i wasn't allowed to post a url because it was my first post. Anyway I did notice that the study was sponsored by Indus Biotech, but because it was published in a well recognized journal I would like to assume it has some merit.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
>>>Chainsaw: I also emailed Indus Biotech about a week ago, haven't heard back from them, any luck on your end?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This may be spam, but interesting, nonetheless. Please carry on.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Interesting!!!!

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Eiselt, how do you know Torabolic is unavailable? Did you conact Indus Biotech? Do you know when the product will be available?

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Torabolic is a highly purified unique molecule extracted from Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenun greacum) seeds. Torabolic is a proprietary patent pending molecule of Indus Biotech. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of Torabolic supplementation on strength and body composition.

49 Resistance trained men were matched according to fat free mass and randomly assigned to ingest in a double blind manner capsules containing 500 mg of a placebo (N = 23, 20 ± 1.9 years, 178 ± 6.3 cm, 85 ± 12.7 kg, 17 ± 5.6 %BF) or TORABOLIC (N = 26, 21 ± 2.8 years, 178 ± 6 cm, 90 ± 18.2 kg, 19.3 ± 8.4 %BF). Subjects participated in a supervised 4-day per week periodized resistance-training program split into two upper and two lower extremity workouts per week for a total of 8-weeks. At 0, 4, and 8-weeks, subjects underwent hydrodensiometery body composition, 1 RM strength, muscle endurance, and anaerobic capacity determined. Data were analyzed using repeated measures ANOVA and are presented as mean ± SD changes from baseline after 60-days.
Results

No significant differences (p > 0.05) between groups were noted for training volume. Significant group × time interaction effects were observed among groups in changes in body fat (TOR: -2.3 ± 1.4%BF; PL: -0.39 ± 1.6 %BF, p < 0.001), leg press 1 RM (TOR: 84.6 ± 36.2 kg; PL: 48 ± 29.5 kg, p < 0.001), and bench press 1 RM (TOR: 9.1 ± 6.9 kg; PL: 4.3 ± 5.6 kg, p = 0.01). No significant interaction was observed among groups for Wingate power analysis (p = 0.95) or muscular endurance on bench press (p = 0.87) or leg press (p = 0.61). In addition there were no changes among groups in any clinical safety data including lipid panel, liver function, kidney function, and/or CBC panel (p > 0.05).
Conclusion

It is concluded that 500 mg of Torabolic supplementation had a significant impact on both upper- and lower body strength and body composition in comparison to placebo in a double blind controlled trial. These changes were obtained with no clinical side effects. We conclude that in addition to a structured resistance training program, Torabolic can significantly increase strength and muscle mass.

This study was sponsored by Indus Biotech.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if anyones still watching this one but ill post just in case. Duravol by EISELT RESEARCH says "available soon." I haven't found specs on this product yet but it contains 300milligrams of torabolic, 200mg short of research dosage, and I'm guessing some other goodies, but maybe not.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if this stuff is similar to Fenusterols. Fenusterols is show to increase athletic performance, and it is a saponin of Fenugreek.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recieved an email from Eiselt Research, who make duravol. He said Torabolic is only for sale in sweden an is going to be released in the US in a few months.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An email from Indus

TORABOLIC will be available in the US for January 2009. It will be available exclusivley in a soon to be launched product from Extreme Physical Performance (EP2).

TORABOLIC will not be available for sale outside of the EP2 product in the US for a period yet to be determined.

If you require any additional information please contact me directly.

Best regards,

Matt C. Spino

Co-founder / Chief Marketing Officer

Extreme Physical Performance (EP2, INC.)

"Experts in the Art and Science of Nutritional Supplements."

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty new to this game, can anyone tell me by what mechanism this stuff would be working from, is it a hormonal enhancer? Or increase protein synthesis rates? Im having trouble getting any info out of indus biotech.

sportsterdann

sportsterdann

Awards
Released yesterday in Sweden.

And the recomended dose is 2 caps a day and 3 caps at a BW above 90 kilo.

Not sure if anyones still watching this one but ill post just in case. Duravol by EISELT RESEARCH says "available soon." I haven't found specs on this product yet but it contains 300milligrams of torabolic, 200mg short of research dosage, and I'm guessing some other goodies, but maybe not.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what is released as in the US.

EP2 - Anabeutrol ( with 600mg of Torabolic )

ANABEUTROL is clinically proven for Significant Fat Loss.. Strength Gain & Muscle Mass!

ANABEUTROL is the world's only university-tested Bioactive Anabolic Agent that is clinically-proven to significantly increase muscle size, strength, and fat loss. Unlike other companies that base their product research on already existing studies, EP2 conducted its own individual ANABEUTROL study to determine its effects on body composition. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled ANABEUTROL clinical study conducted by Dr. Cohn Wilborn at the High Performance Lab at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor located in Belton, Texas, previously-trained test subjects consumed either ANABEUTROL or placebo and followed a periodized resistance-training program for 8 weeks. Results from the study were very compelling. Subjects taking ANABEUTROLTh1 experienced an incredible 100% increase in bench-press strength compared to the placebo group. In the same 8-week study, Dr. Wilborn also noticed that in addition to the increase in strength, ANABEUTROL test subjects lost a significant percentage of fat. At the conclusion of the study, it was documented that ANABEUTROL test subjects lost 475% more fat versus the placebo group. How was ANABEUTROLTM able to deliver results like this?

HOW DOES ANABEUTROL WORK?

With each serving of ANABEUTROL, 600mg of TORABOLIC (the proprietary bioactive compound discovered by INDUS Biotech) is rapidly delivered via liquid capsule technology ANABEUTROLTM then triggers powerful receptor-activators in the working muscles, leading to a cascade of events that stimulate muscle growth, cell differentiation, and fat metabolism. First, ANABEUTROL works to activate PPARs (Peroxisome Prohiferator-Activated Receptors) in the muscles, which are part of the steroid-hormone family By stimulating these specific PPARs, ANABEUTROL works to increase the power of your oxidative muscle fibres, forcing an increase in strength. Second, because your PPAR receptors also function as the body's fatty acid sensors, ANABEUTROL triggers the genetic signal controlling fat breakdown, leading to smaller fat cells and an increase in fat burning. So essentially ANABEUTROL is targeting specific muscle energetic pathways and chemically activating growth receptors, which can unleash unprecedented muscle gain, strength increase, and fat loss.

Maximize Strength Gains, Muscle Gains and Fat Loss!

Each Serving of Anabeutrol Contains 600mg of Torabolic!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100% increase in bench press strength!! :think: would be nice if it's not bull but that seems extreme.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
Subjects taking ANABEUTROLTh1 experienced an incredible 100% increase in bench-press strength compared to the placebo group.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now there's the context we were missing. Sounds more reasonable now, so instead of perhaps a 10lb increase they say a 20lb.
Oh I get it so how's that work with the fat loss claims instead of a 1% decrease there got a 4.75% decrease.

Problem here is a lot hangs on how well the placebo group does.

LAC

LAC

Awards
I have a reply from a store in Sweden for Duravol'(has TORABOLIC )
Yes, you can buy it from us.
Price for one Duravol is $55 right now.

This is the introduction price, the recommended list price is $65

Shipping prices are:

Up to 250 gr - $10
Up to 500 gr - $15
Up to 1000gr - $25
Up to 2000gr - $35

looks reasonable for those who cannot wait

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to keep my eye on this one.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder how it compares to Testofen, meaning what did they extract from Fenugreek. Or is it similar to Fenusterols?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There website is up but no product ingredients yet?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
the claims do seem to be quite strong, but even it does what they say it does on a lower percntage, it would still be a good supplement.
and being that its from fenugreek, i bet it would woork well in conjunction with testofen.

amadorian

Awards
I recieved an email from EP2 the said the products will be ready in a couple weeks and will be available to GNC (which sucks) The price will be $69.99.

In reference to Andritest

Testosurge is a proprietary, patented, bioactive compound that has been tested to increased testosterone levels in a very short amount of time. In fact, the first round of test subjects increased testosterone levels 376% in under 12 hours. Testosurge comes from the same developers of Testofen, which is already being used in many testosterone boosting supplements on the market now. However, Testosurge has been tested to be much more potent than Testofen and we will be the exclusive supplier of it in America.

LAC

LAC

Awards
andritest

please clarify
andritest has Testosurge in it?

What is difference between Anabeuterol vs. Andritest?
thaks

amadorian

Awards
please clarify
andritest has Testosurge in it?

What is difference between Anabeuterol vs. Andritest?
thaks
Anabeutrol is just the 600mg of Torabolic. I don't know if Andritest has Torabolic in it or not.

LAC

LAC

Awards
thanks
so Andritest =Testosurge.
there is a product on market "Testosurge". 90caps for $14
is this what you are referring to?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I recieved an email from EP2 the said the products will be ready in a couple weeks and will be available to GNC (which sucks) The price will be $69.99.

In reference to Andritest

Testosurge is a proprietary, patented, bioactive compound that has been tested to increased testosterone levels in a very short amount of time. In fact, the first round of test subjects increased testosterone levels 376% in under 12 hours. Testosurge comes from the same developers of Testofen, which is already being used in many testosterone boosting supplements on the market now. However, Testosurge has been tested to be much more potent than Testofen and we will be the exclusive supplier of it in America.
so basially you have two products extracted from fenugreek , one androgenic, one not that compliment each other in building lean muscle mass and keeping bodyfat low.

hope they live up to their hype

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are some logs on a sweden forum of guys running Torabolic (Duravol). Does anyone know if you can view it the text in English rather than Swedish?

The site is

http://optimalbody.se/forum/index.php

There are several logs and threads about Torabolic.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am reading logs over there and using an Swedish to English Translator.

Seems like Torabolic is more of a insulin mimiker, not a test booster.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so this stuff doesn't sound promising then?

Well it depends it is a new supplement. But it is making Anabolic Pump type claims. However they don't hype as much in Sweden. It may be a good recomp product, but we will see.

The other product from EP2 Andritest, now seems more interesting as it is a test booster with a different extract of Fenugreek. GenCor who makes Testofen help make this one.

Torabolic - which is also from Fenugreek was made by Indus Biotech.

So EP2 is a little Fenugreek happy, good it is one of my favorite herbs.

njsfinest

Awards
but what about anabeutrol, that stuff sounds promising!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
but what about anabeutrol, that stuff sounds promising!

Anabeutrol is the same as Duravol which is Torabolic.

The name Anabeutrol which sounds like clen, which would make me think more of a fat burner.

Andritest should be there testbooster. I emailed GenCor Pacific and asked them if they are making a new Fenugreek Extract that boost testosterone. I know they have a new one for blood sugar.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Andritest will most likely contain an ingredient from Indus Biotech called IND-15 which has aromatase and 5a-reductase inhibiting properties. The patent documents for IND-15 says, quote "Also another key feature of this novel composition is the absence of literature reported Fenusides (saponins)".

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.umhb.edu/education/exss/hpl

Effects of IND-15 on Strength, Body composition, and Anabolic Hormonal Response to Resistance Training. (Funded by Indus Biotech, $54,000). PI: C. Wilborn, Co-Investigators: L. Taylor & C. Foster.

I don't know if these studies are published, but look at the other recent studies done on Fenugreek.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ANDRITEST™
Never before has an all-natural, drug-free, musclebuilding agent been developed that is clinically-proven to jack testosterone levels faster than new ANDRITEST™. TestoSurgeTM is the proprietary, patent-pending, poly molecular compound in ANDRITEST™ that works through multiple physiological pathways to quickly raise and protect your testosterone levels, which can lead to dramatic gains in muscle size and strength. No more waiting days, weeks, or even months to crank up your testosterone; now you can have more juice in just hours!

ANDRITEST™ works through a premium dual-action pathway to maximize and protect your natural testosterone by a) inhibiting the aromatase enzyme and b) minimizing testosterone conversion to DHT (dihydroxytestosterone) – a male hormone linked to negative androgenic effects. By inhibiting the aromatase enzyme complex, ANDRITESTTM prevents aromatization and the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, minimizing unwanted side effects such as edema and gynecomastia. Secondly, ANDRITEST™ then fights to protect your testosterone by inhibiting the 5a-reductase enzyme, responsible for destroying your test and producing the unwanted metabolite DHT.

ANDRITEST™ has been clinically evaluated using the Gold Standard method of research - a randomized, cross-over, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Previously-trained test subjects consumed either a single-dose of ANDRITEST™ or placebo and were evaluated over a 12-hour period. ANDRITEST™ subjects significantly increased total testosterone by a 376% change over the placebo group in only 12 hours (Table 1). In the same ANDRITEST™ clinical study, free ‘unbound’ testosterone increased by 144% change over the placebo group (Table 2). Free unbound testosterone is the only form that can activate testosterone receptors for increased muscle growth and strength.

What does quickly cranking up test levels mean for you – the guy who is serious about building muscle? It means no more waiting for your supplements to “kick in”. With ANDRITEST™ in your diet and workout plan, you can experience what more testosterone can deliver during your next workout at the gym. More muscle, more strength...today!