Muscle Mass Gain Question

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
This next Saturday is my last Rugby game until next spring. In the off season I have a goal of gain 15-25 pounds of muscle mass so I can be a more versatile forward and try out for the select side teams (if you do well enough in Select Sides you can attempt to go pro). I am 6'0" 205 lbs. I play Flanker, lock, and 8man for anyone who follows rugby. I have my offseason lifting program that my coach wants me to do and everything, but what kind of supplements can I take to assist in my gains.

Right now I take NO Xplode for pre-workout supp. Creatine Monohydrate and Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein. I just joined up here and there are a ton of supplements out there that I have never seen before, but seem to work for people. Any suggestions?

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
15-25 lbs of muscle is a little well.... unreasonable that is a huge amount of muscle to gain in a relatively short period of time you would have to run a couple very advanced steroid cycles to even come close to that. Maybe shoot for 5-10, as for supplements just read up on here and make a decision on what you think will work for you. In my opinion hyperdrol x2, mass fx, anaboli pump, and a good creatine is one of the best natural stacks but thats just me just do some reading, good luck!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
15 25lbs is not unreasonable at all in say 6 to 8 mounths with prime not to mention the strenght ull have, try geting your diet spot on and training pushing your body and finding out your limit then hit the supps, like DTHC and prime would be unreal!! and add som posidion in the mix and cussis 50% megadosed holy crap !!!

also drop the noexplode thats for girls, buy some JP8, also for protien buy a coupple of tubs of liver tabs and take like 30-50 aday for strength, recovry,hardness well being and many more benifits of supplementing with liver

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
keep the creatine and protien
if no xplode works for you, keep that, but I built up such a tolerance to that stuff I would take so much just to feel it a little, then get a rippling headache...I switched to RPM and it was AWESOME!
take a multi vitamin and fish oil
personally purple wraath pre and intra workout has helped me a lot lately...
Also, what kind of lifting routine is your coach recommending? I think something like the 5x5 could be useful here...and of course, make sure you're eating 500-1000 calories above maintenance per day to start with...then adjust accordingly..

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
15 25lbs is not unreasonable at all in say 6 to 8 mounths with prime not to mention the strenght ull have, try geting your diet spot on and training pushing your body and finding out your limit then hit the supps, like DTHC and prime would be unreal!! and add som posidion in the mix and cussis 50% megadosed holy crap !!!

also drop the noexplode thats for girls, buy some JP8, also for protien buy a coupple of tubs of liver tabs and take like 30-50 aday for strength, recovry,hardness well being and many more benifits of supplementing with liver
4-5 lbs of muscle per month? You can use all the supplements you want that is a major stretch. You will have to keep your diet perfect, and your trainning will need to be very detailed and you will need to know how to get through plateaus and changed up your training. 25 lbs in six months would be very impressive and I would love to be proved wrong.

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Also keep in mind he will have to stay fit and explosive so he will have to do a lot of cross training. this is not condusive to gaining 25lbs of muscle

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
I live in Minnesota so I have Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and most of April before it starts getting warm enough for rugby. Most of the workout is muscle group isolation, meaning working 1 or 2 muscle groups per day and high weigh lower reps. I should add that I have lost 12 pounds since the season started and I am at 205 as of last night. I will start a log next monday after the season is officially over and I start my training full force. Anyone else play rugby?

ams1

ams1

Awards

i didnt really understand your whole last paragraph....