ALCAR , ornithine and ALA

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if it is best to stack these together and if anyone could help me with a dosage amount and if is is taken with food or without and how many times a day.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Goals? What benefits are you trying to get from these supps? Need more info.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR and ALA are great together...not sure why the addition of the Ornithine.

For fatloss/mental stimulation, you want to take around 2 grams ALCAR with around 400-500mg of ALA, IIRC.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALCAR and ALA is awesome for it's mental functions, IMO...
Started my Grandma taking it, as she was beginning to display signs of dementia, and while supplementing with it, she showed vast improvement. Just can't get the stubborn old lady to take it consistently...

But for you man, Dsade's got it about right. You can take higher doses of the ALA for supposed glucose support, but I never found it to make any difference. Also, high doses of ALA do cause allergic reactions in some people, so just take care.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High doses of ALA can easily turn against you as well...so keep it at a 4:1 ALCAR:ALA ratio.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I do not recall the source but I read somewhere that one can raise HGH levels when ALCAR is combined with Ornithine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A new technique to elevate night time growth hormone release and a potential growth hormone feedback control loop .

Medical Hypotheses , Volume 56 , Issue 5 , Pages 610 - 613

T . Parr

Abstract

A new technique for controllable elevation of night time growth hormone (GH) release in adult humans involves a synergy between oral intake of the naturally occurring compounds acetyl-L-carnitine (500 mg) and L-ornithine (25–100 mg) taken at night time sleep after a 3 to 4 hour fast. The set point for normal hypothalamic GH release appears to include a ‘whole body’ mitochondrial State 3 status ‘feed back loop’ controlled by systemic acetyl- L-carnitine levels.

Sounds interesting, however ALCAR can exacerbate insomnia for those prone to mental overstimulation (such as myself).

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
High doses of ALA can easily turn against you as well...so keep it at a 4:1 ALCAR:ALA ratio.

Does it matter in terms of dosage if it is ALA or R-ALA? With The R-ALA would you use half that ratio and hence 8:1

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it matter in terms of dosage if it is ALA or R-ALA? With The R-ALA would you use half that ratio and hence 8:1
probably more like 6 to 1 if you are usin a sodium or potaqassium salt...just because I like a minimum of around 250mg.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Personally, Id skip out on the orthinine, but both alcar and ala are very useful.

ALCAR for energy and re partitioning, ala for re partitioning and anti oxidant.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR and ALA are great together...not sure why the addition of the Ornithine.

For fatloss/mental stimulation, you want to take around 2 grams ALCAR with around 400-500mg of ALA, IIRC.
Should I split that dose or take it all at once? I am looking for cleaning out my receptors and hopefully have had higher levels of androgen receptors/density.

Also, I should take the ALCAR before food, and ala with food correct.