Thinking about using prohormones

sayheytrey

Awards
I've been working out hard for a year now using creatine, protein, and a good diet. I've gone from 220 down to 160, and now I'm trying to add mass. I've made it back up to 170, but seem to be hitting a plateau. I've been looking at some thereads on prohormones, but I'm still not sure on what to use and how to cycle. Then there is also the PCT and the liver support. I'm looking for some guidance from you guys that have been doing this for years. I want to make sure I do it right as to not hurt myself or my wallet.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Keep on going natural my friend, and I guarantee the results will be plentiful. You sound very eager to start ph use, but I guarantee you that maxing out natural growth before ph/steroid use will be the best decision you make.

To back up that statement, a year really is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Although a very debatable term a general rule of thumb is around 4 or 5 years of natural training and you will still be making gains.

As far as your plateaus have you mixed up training (volume and type), diet (calories and macros), and experiment with other natural supplements?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
if all you have under your belt is one year you haven't even began to tap your natural potential. I did one ps pulse cycle and I doubt I'll ever touch any of that stuff again. I've been lifting since 91 or 92 and I am still making gains naturally.

sayheytrey

Awards
Thanks

That's why I'm asking the question. I appreciate the replys. Sometimes I get a little too eager. Over the past year I've really focused on educating myself on diet and workout routines and always changing them. I'm just not sure when it is time to change the supplementation routine, if at all.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
That's why I'm asking the question. I appreciate the replys. Sometimes I get a little too eager. Over the past year I've really focused on educating myself on diet and workout routines and always changing them. I'm just not sure when it is time to change the supplementation routine, if at all.
It happens to the best of us my friend.

What are you currently taking as far as supplements go?

I will ask this here, but it may be conducive to ask this int he training/nutrition section as well (I'll just end up responding over there though lol) but what does your current training routine look like (and how long have you been doing it) and whats the nutrition looking like?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
i weighed 140-145 for a good few years...i worked out hardcore for about 8 months naturally and hit 160 but it became a real hard barrier to pass that..i upped the calories/protein/changed routine...nothing happened. I'm sure I could have stuck it out for a year or two, but I just felt as if something mild like epistane would be the perfect choice. I felt as if the sides/long term effects from this mild steroid would underweigh the joy of my looking great at around 170+

Havoc changed everything. I guess you could say I may be too young to use PH or I used them before my genetic potential. I am 5 7'' 180lbs now 10- % bf. However, I dont care if I messed up my total potential or natural gains for a good while by PH. I really dont want to get any larger Im so satisfied with all the results of havoc. It was probably one of my best decisions.

I mean I just dont want to spend all my life in the gym and cafe trying to reach my current weight if I had not used havoc.

Superdrol, phera, all those guys are another story

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
How old are you?
What's your sleep schedule?
How many calories do you consume, in what macro ratio?

sayheytrey

Awards
I'm 28, I consume around 3,000 calories a day (mostly white meat or lean red meat, and very rarely eat out). I workout between 5-6 days a week, 1hr. of arms, back, legs, chest, shoulders, and core exercises (one group per day). After my hour I do 30-40 mins of cardio 3 days a week. I consume around 200- 250 g of protein, while trying to keep my carbs down mostly in the afternoons and into the evening totalling probably around 100-150 g. I usually sleep about 6-7 hrs. and I workout in the mornings. As far as supps. I have done a BSN stack of nitrix, cellmass, no-xplode (it was ok, you just don't seem to get what you pay for), Cellucor M5, and Fast Twitch with Body Fortress Super Advance Creatine. All were done on a 8 week on 4 week off cycle and not at the same time. I seem to have the best luck with the Body Fortress (the cheapest, imagine that). I've also tried different protiens such as Syntha 6, Body Fortress whey, muscle milk. Seem to have the best luck with muscle milk. Overall I know that your diet and routines are the two most improtant things you can do to build the body you want, so I've tried over the past year to be really disiplined even though some times it sucks. I'd say cutting out the alcohol has been the toughest (not as much fun to watch football).

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wait unti you unleash your genetic maximum
ultra cool to be natural these days
thats what arnie told me

Graham

Awards
Side effects

Try natural our safer stuff kre alkalyn nitric oxide. Im 25 started when I was 22. Side effects suck. My hair was droppin so fast . Libido will never be the same. If anything just do a prohormone once. An make the best of it that one time

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i'd say that you can do as you like. just make sure to research until your butt is numb from sitting in that chair. and make sure to understand HOW it ALL works. it's all good to use someone else's plan that worked for them, but if ANYTHING goes haywire for YOU, you need to know the possible reasons why and how to stop it for yourself. KAPISCE?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Try natural our safer stuff kre alkalyn nitric oxide. Im 25 started when I was 22. Side effects suck. My hair was droppin so fast . Libido will never be the same. If anything just do a prohormone once. An make the best of it that one time
and as far as this goes, it's simply a preworkout boost. they help a great deal, but the OP is looking for something that will help him in the testosterone department. synthetic test can mess your body up. why not raise/release your own test? try out that activate xtreme/stoked stack on for size. just a thought.