Awards
  • Established
looks strong, like a pslin clone!

-GJJ

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Good dose on Gymnena, but with that weak of a banaba extract you're short of PSlin strength ( 30mg Pure Corosolic, from 150mg of 20%)
Ah! I'm being stupid. I obviously don't understand math. I'd need 3000mg of banaba per serving.. Hmm, how 'bout this then -

3000mg banaba (1%)
and 300-400mg gymnema (75%)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Ah! I'm being stupid. I obviously don't understand math. I'd need 3000mg of banaba per serving.. Hmm, how 'bout this then -

3000mg banaba (1%)
and 300-400mg gymnema (75%)
it'd turn out like this:

6 caps per dose @ the following per cap -
500mg banaba (1%)
50mg gymnema (75%)

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
i have never used either of those. sorry man.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Ozarka, turkey day for me been busy. If you don't have access to a high-concentration corosolic acid, I'd go with Na or K-ALA. Taking 6 caps isn't that fun for me.
I've got me some Na-ALA, I'm just looking to try and replicate some p-slin goodness.

I'm looking all over and can't find a high concentration corosolic acid product in a decent dosage anywhere!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
look into insulean K, the only bad thing is the proprietary blend.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u may want to add some 4-hydroxyisoleucine aswell.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
look into insulean K, the only bad thing is the proprietary blend.
I do like the looks of it, but I'm set on getting some high % corosolic acid.

Thanks though crazy, def a good recommendation.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do like the looks of it, but I'm set on getting some high % corosolic acid.

Thanks though crazy, def a good recommendation.

glucofit, pure corosolic acid i think, just do a search, and find the purest cheapest one you can. i add 200mcg of chromium polynicotinate and fenugreek seed to my InsuleanK.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this may help you in your dosing endeavors

Corosolic Research
Effect of corosolic acid on postchallenge plasma glucose levels.
Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2006 Mar 18; Fukushima M, Matsuyama F, Ueda N, Egawa K, Takemoto J, Kajimoto Y, Yonaha N, Miura T, Kaneko T, Nishi Y, Mitsui R, Fujita Y, Yamada Y, Seino Y. Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan; Health Informatics Research Group, Translational Research Informatics Center, Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation, 1-5-4, Minatojima-minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, Japan.
In this study, 31 subjects were orally administered 10mg corosolic acid or a placebo, on different occasions, in a capsule 5min before the 75-g oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in a double-blind and cross-over design. Nineteen subjects had diabetes, seven had impaired glucose tolerance, one had impaired fasting glucose, and four had normal glucose tolerance according to the 1998 WHO criteria. There were no significant differences in plasma glucose levels before and 30min after the administration. Corosolic acid treatment subjects showed lower glucose levels from 60min until 120min and reached statistical significance at 90min. In this study, we have shown for the first time that corosolic acid has a lowering effect on postchallenge plasma glucose levels in vivo in humans.

Antidiabetic effects of corosolic acid in KK-Ay diabetic mice.
Biol Pharm Bull. 2006 Mar;29(3):585-7. Miura T, Ueda N, Yamada K, Fukushima M, Ishida T, Kaneko T, Matsuyama F, Seino Y. Department of Clinical Nutrition, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Mie, Japan.
The antidiabetic effects of corosolic acid were investigated in KK-Ay mice, an animal model of type 2 diabetes. Corosolic acid (2 mg/kg body weight) reduced the blood glucose levels of KK-Ay mice 4 h after a single oral dose. Corosolic acid (2 mg/kg) reduced the blood glucose levels in KK-Ay mice 2 weeks after a single oral dose and also significantly lowered plasma insulin levels were in KK-Ay mice under similar conditions. Corosolic acid -treated KK-Ay mouse blood glucose significantly decreased in an insulin tolerance test. These results support the hypothesis that corosolic acid improves glucose metabolism by reducing insulin resistance. Therefore corosolic acid may be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.

Corosolic acid induces GLUT4 translocation in genetically type 2 diabetic mice.
Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Jul;27(7):1103-5.
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Suzuka University Medical Science, Mie, Japan.
The effect of corosolic acid on blood glucose was studied in KK-Ay mice, an animal model of type 2 diabetes. Corosolic acid (10 mg/kg) reduced the blood glucose (p<0.05) of KK-Ay mice 4 h after single oral administration when compared with the control group. However, corosolic acid did not change the plasma insulin. The muscle facilitative glucose transporter isoform 4 (GLUT4) translocation from low-density microsomal membrane to plasma membrane was significantly increased in the orally Corosolic acid -treated mice when compared with that of the controls. These results suggest that the hypoglycemic effect of corosolic acid is derived, at least in part, from an increase in GLUT4 translocation in muscle. Therefore, it may be that corosolic acid has beneficial effects on hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes.

Antidiabetic activity of a standardized extract (Glucosol) from Lagerstroemia speciosa leaves in Type II diabetics. A dose-dependence study.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2003 Jul;87(1):115-7. Judy WV, Hari SP, Stogsdill WW, Judy JS, Naguib YM, Passwater R.
SIBR, Inc., 4112 20th Street West, Bradenton, FL
The antidiabetic activity of an extract from the leaves of Lagerstroemia speciosa standardized to 1% corosolic acid (Glucosol) has been demonstrated in a randomized clinical trial involving Type II diabetics. Subjects received a daily oral dose of Glucosol and blood glucose levels were measured. Glucosol at daily dosages of 32 and 48mg for 2 weeks showed a significant reduction in the blood glucose levels. Glucosol in a soft gel capsule formulation showed a 30% decrease in blood glucose levels compared to a 20% drop seen with dry-powder filled hard gelatin capsule formulation suggesting that the soft gel formulation has a better bioavailability than a dry-powder formulation.

Corosolic acid isolated from the fruit of Crataegus pinnatifida var. psilosa is a protein kinase C inhibitor as well as a cytotoxic agent.
Planta Med. 1998 Jun;64(5):468-70.
Corosolic acid isolated from the fruit of Cratoegus pinnatifida var. psilosa was tested for anticancer activity. Corosolic acid displayed about the same potent cytotoxic activity as ursolic acid against several human cancer cell lines. In addition, the compound displayed antagonistic activity against the phorbol ester-induced morphological modification of K-562 leukemic cells, indicating the suppression of protein kinase C (PKC) activity by the cytotoxic compound. Corosolic acid showed PKC inhibition with dose-dependent pattern in an in vitro PKC assay.

Corosolic Acid Questions
Q. I have been researching banaba and its constituent corosolic acid. I have routinely seen 1 to 1.5 % corosolic acid
extracts typically sold in 24 to 48 mg capsules or softgels (the glucosol or glucotrim products) but have only seen 3% extract in combination formulas. A banaba corosolic product states that it is a 1.5% extract or a total 250 mg dose. The information on the web site states this to be 3 mg of corosolic acid, however I figure that 1.5% of 250 mg is 3.75 milligrams of corosolic acid. I just wanted to check with you because if I can buy a 3 or 3.75 mg dose of corosolic acid per capsule I'm going to jump for joy, lol. Just f.y.i., your info on banaba states that no clinical trials have been performed as of july 2006, however your site references a clinical trial using Lagerstroemia speciosa which is banaba. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.
A. The research with corosolic acid is not very clear. We're not sure if the research with Glucotrol or GlucoTrim refers to 24 or 48 mg of corosolic acid, or 24 - 48 mg of banaba extract with 1% corosolic acid extract.

Q. According to a magazine article, to reduce blood sugar, it is best to use a supplement with 24 mg of corosolic acid.
A. There's very little human research with banaba and corosolic acid, so not much can be said with confidence at this time regarding the ideal corosolic acid dosage and potential benefits and long term side effects.

Q. I see a product called GlucoTrim which states "Lagerstroemia speciosa extract standardized to 1% corosolic acid, 24 mg." Does this mean it has 24 mg of corosolic acid, or does it have 1% corosolic acid out of the 24 mg of herb present?
A. We are trying to figure this out ourselves. We're not sure if GlucoTrim is 24 mg of corosolic acid or whether it is just a banaba extract with 1% corosolic acid.

Q. What's the right dosage of corosolic acid to treat diabetes or blood sugar problems?
A. Since so little research has been done with banaba, corosolic acid, and diabetes, that it is very difficult to say at this time what the ideal dosages of banaba or corosolic should be, or how often to take these supplements, and how effective they are in the long run. We also don't have much knowledge on potential banaba or corosolic side effects, if any.

Q. I saw an ad for a NOW Foods product called GlucoTrim. It said, GlucoTrim ™ is derived from the Crepe Myrtle (Lagerstroemia speciosa), a tree native to Southern Asia. It is standardized to contain min. 1% Coroscolic Acid, the active ingredient that supports natural glucose metabolism. Each softgel contains 24 mg of Gluco Trim leaf (1% corosolic acid." Does this mean GlucoTrim has 0.24 mg of corosolic acid, or 24 mg of corosolic acid?
A. We really are not sure, but it appears the way it is explained that it may be 0.24 mg of corosolic acid.

looks like 10mg corosolic acid will help metabolize up to 75 g sugar..... i guess use this as a reference.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
glucofit, pure corosolic acid i think, just do a search, and find the purest cheapest one you can. i add 200mcg of chromium polynicotinate and fenugreek seed to my InsuleanK.
I saw that, the dose is just sooo low.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u can use insulife with NSI Banaba Leaf Extract -- 300 mg - 120 Capsules at 1 cap

one cap NSI Banaba Leaf Extract -- 300 mg - 120 Capsules every meal or 3x a day with insulife

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I've got me some Na-ALA, I'm just looking to try and replicate some p-slin goodness.

I'm looking all over and can't find a high concentration corosolic acid product in a decent dosage anywhere!
PM Sent

chim_chim

Awards
I would try a search for "Banaba Root Extract 20%".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Nutrition / Health 14