Will USP Labs prime prevent stretch marks? - AnabolicMinds.com

Will USP Labs prime prevent stretch marks?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

Will USP Labs prime prevent stretch marks?

This is a pretty silly question when you first glance at it.

but i was reading an article about stretch marks and it said this,

"However, some believe that the term stretch mark is a misnomer and they are not caused by the stretching of the skin at all. It has been suggested that stretch marks are caused due to an increased level of a hormone called glucocorticoids, circulating through the bloodstream."

usp labs claims the product has anti-glucocorticoid effects.

any thoughts

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

NO

My stretch marks in my inner armpits are extending onto my pecs and bis more and more since I started prime, they were big already but began to lighten and fade, now there are dark purple sections at the end of em both showing me that its tearing more...

Cool cause it shows growth(and the insanely huge pumps I get in the gym) but not cool cause I think stretch marks are ugly as sin and one is about to take a trip right across my pec.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

yeah i hate stetch marks too, im getting a lot on my bicep inner armpit and even a little on my back!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What better form of Progress Reports can you get?
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    yeah i hate stetch marks too, im getting a lot on my bicep inner armpit and even a little on my back!
    Check out our Java Lather/Flawless product combo. It's designed to attenuate stretch marks/scars and blend them into normal surrounding skin tone. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Available at nutraplanet.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Glucocorticoid is a broad family of steroid hormones, arj; GRs (glucocorticoid receptors) are present in virtually all tissue types, and the tissue-specific effects are contingent on several factors: The specific glucocorticoid itself, the response elements within the target cell, and the ligand-receptor complex (activated via transactivation).

In layman's terms, a compound which attenuates Cortisol, for example, may not necessarily address the glucocorticoids involved in tissue-stretching; that being said, Terminalia Chebula has significant radical quenching capacity (ability to suppress the effects of radical oxygen species), as well as inhibiting both enzymatic and non-enyzmatic lipid peroxidation. Both oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation diminish cell membrane strength and total DNA content, and therefore the structural integrity of the cell itself: Both processes are highly involved in stretch-mark formation.

Now, with all that technical jargon out of the way, TC may be a worthy compound to place into a transdermal matrix to combat stretch marks; as is, its free radical scavenging ability is rather systemic, whereas localized administration is necessary.

Short hand answer: No, PRIME will not combat stretch marks; pick up some bulk TC and place it into a transdermal carrier, along with other potent antioxidants (Helichrysum italicum has shown promise here).
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    This is a pretty silly question when you first glance at it.

but i was reading an article about stretch marks and it said this,

"However, some believe that the term stretch mark is a misnomer and they are not caused by the stretching of the skin at all. It has been suggested that stretch marks are caused due to an increased level of a hormone called glucocorticoids, circulating through the bloodstream."

usp labs claims the product has anti-glucocorticoid effects.

any thoughts
    The vast majority of stretch marks are formed by rapid weight gain in a short amount of time (I.E. Pregnancy, weight training, growth spurts during puberty) causing micro tearing of the elastic skin matrix (collagen and elastin) provided by the middle layer of the skin (or dermal layer.) Due to constant excessive stretching beyond its capabilities, micro damage is resulted through tearing and thinning of the skin matrix layer responsible for the shape and form of the skin. This causes the body to build up scar tissue in the affected area resulting in stretch marks.

Some other common factors that can be associated with stretch mark development are genetics, ethnic backround, long term corticosteroid (topical and enteral) therapy, or a medical condition known as "Cushing's Syndrome."

Some theories have been suggested that the glucocorticoid cortisol can play a role in the development of stretch marks. This is thought to come about due to the effects cortisol can have in reducing the skins ability to make more collagen and elastin (which supports its shape and ability to stretch) due to hypofunctional ability of those fibroblasts that make the collagen and elastin fibers. Inhibiting this pathway limits the body's ability to attenuate any issues of increased skin matrix stretching and tearing leading to scar tissue/stretch mark formation as an end result.

I've read many studies on this, and the great majority of these people either had been taking enteral (pills by mouth)/topical corticosteroid interventions for long periods of time as part of medical treatment. (I.E. people affected by COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Asthma, Psoriasis, and auto-immune disease states (Chron's, Lupus, Celiac), or they had the disease process called "Cushing's Syndrome" in which the body produces excessive glucocorticoid formation (mainly cortisol).

In other words, the average person with fairly normal cortisol levels (without a contributing disease state, or constant corticosteroid interventions) should not have these issues to any significant degree what-so-ever.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 10-07-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

it my genetics and the intensity in which i lift

ill try that stuff u mentioned on my next order
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.

plus the caffiene in preworkout drink, but its hard for me not have my superpump before a workout

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stretch marks.
    By JonesyDaniel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 07:01 AM
  2. Stretch Marks!! Help!!
    By knockout189 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 08:53 PM
  3. Stretch Marks
    By doyoudo911 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4