ZMA Vs. ZMK

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
ZMK is better...and SGH by them is also a phenomenol prebedtime product...Just read the label and u can tell the difference...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
ZMK is ZMA on steroids :)

Its better in everyway. It the same benefits, and then a heck of a lot more.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
zma products for the most part contain zinc, magnesium, and b6.

Zmk contains all of the essential minerals that you burn through daily in your workouts such as zinc, magnesium, b6, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, potassium, and many more.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
why do u say that?
he says that because apparently he thinks that zma type supplements are worthless.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...however, on the basis for what zinc, magnesium, and vitamin b6 do for your body...he is incorrect.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
ZMA = zinc and magnesium ASPARTATE while ZMK = zinc and magnesium as a KREBs cycle intermediate. The intermediates are theoretically absorbed more easily than aspartates but I have no studies to back that up. ZMK also contains selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum and a few other trace minerals.

All in all, ZMK is supposed to be absorbed better and it is a complete mineral complex (aside from calcium which should be avoided with ZM supplements due to competition for absorbtion), which justifies the higher cost.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Do those of you think that the difference between these two products is cost effective? Is there a big enough difference to justify the added price?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Do those of you think that the difference between these two products is cost effective? Is there a big enough difference to justify the added price?
I will allow someone else to answer this since naturally, people will feel I am biased. All I can say is that there are 2 sponsored logs being run right now with ZMK involved where the people are VERY pleasantly surprised with the difference.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Its like 7 bucks you cheapo.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
ZMK is good stuff, I can vouch for that. Nice difference between it and ZMA, coming form someone who has/is using both.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2. I didn't expect to notice much of a difference between ZMA and ZMK, however the latter helped me remember my dreams for a longe rperiod than ZMA (since I never normally remember my dreams), and was just very impressed with the product. When I run out of my Primaforce ZMA I think I will me switching to ZMK for good, perhaps at only 1/2 the dose for long term supplementation.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Ive used 7 different varieties of ZMA, and ZMK by millenium sport is the only one where my strength increases, and i wake up feeling refreshed, it just seems perfectly balanced, the only thing i dont like is the tablets, they stick to my mouth when i try and swallow them, but hands down, its the best, and id rather pay more and buy one that works from now on.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive used 7 different varieties of ZMA, and ZMK by millenium sport is the only one where my strength increases, and i wake up feeling refreshed, it just seems perfectly balanced, the only thing i dont like is the tablets, they stick to my mouth when i try and swallow them, but hands down, its the best, and id rather pay more and buy one that works from now on.
They're veggie caps, as of ~5 months ago atleast.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good info here, I figure I wanna get the zmk somnidren pack and probably continue to use a zma product continuously, and I believe this feedback speaks for itself. I'll give the somnidren a try, since it is a good deal with the zmk, but might be too expensive for my lowly college budget. :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of good info here, I figure I wanna get the zmk somnidren pack and probably continue to use a zma product continuously, and I believe this feedback speaks for itself. I'll give the somnidren a try, since it is a good deal with the zmk, but might be too expensive for my lowly college budget. :)
I would go with the MVP/ZMK stack (or atleast did, and will in the future). The MVP is a very well rounded formula and has no binders and fillers (Which is surprisingly hard to find).

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Which brings up another good point and question I had, favorite/best multi. I believe we know what steveoph likes! How does the mvp compare to animal pak and orange triad?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Thanks steve, i guess you send me all the old stuff......lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Which brings up another good point and question I had, favorite/best multi. I believe we know what steveoph likes! How does the mvp compare to animal pak and orange triad?
Im going to let someone else tackle that question, but I just wanted to say that I think you'd really enjoy Mvp365. It's set for 2 doses of 2 pills each time so a total of 4 pills a day...but even on days where I lift in the morning and play tennis at night, a lot of the times if I am using zmk at night....I only need 2 mvp during the day and I am feeling great!

fieldt76

Awards
I've been taking ZMK for a while and, besides deeper sleep, I haven't experienced anything from this supp. I keep taking it because I know, theoretically, it has a lot of benefits. What exactly is one supposed to feel from ZMK?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking ZMK for a while and, besides deeper sleep, I haven't experienced anything from this supp. I keep taking it because I know, theoretically, it has a lot of benefits. What exactly is one supposed to feel from ZMK?
stop taking it for a week and then you tell me what you feel when you don't take it ;)

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is a staple for me....but im going to make the switch to ZMK! thanks guys

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Im going to let someone else tackle that question, but I just wanted to say that I think you'd really enjoy Mvp365. It's set for 2 doses of 2 pills each time so a total of 4 pills a day...but even on days where I lift in the morning and play tennis at night, a lot of the times if I am using zmk at night....I only need 2 mvp during the day and I am feeling great!
Oooooh, I like that idea. Cost efficiency is a must for me, and that is an excellent point. With all the added goodies in ZMK, one serving of MVP probably is enough. I know these both look like great products, gonna have to test 'em out and I could definitely for see them becoming staples.

Does anybody else concur with the idea of only a split dose needed if ZMK is taken as well? I really love all the info I am getting in here! Thanks everyone!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
ZMA is a staple for me....but im going to make the switch to ZMK! thanks guys
Sounds like a smart choice! Trust me...you won't regret it ;)

Oooooh, I like that idea. Cost efficiency is a must for me, and that is an excellent point. With all the added goodies in ZMK, one serving of MVP probably is enough. I know these both look like great products, gonna have to test 'em out and I could definitely for see them becoming staples.

Does anybody else concur with the idea of only a split dose needed if ZMK is taken as well? I really love all the info I am getting in here! Thanks everyone!!!
Honestly no matter what I or anyone else say...your body will determine that factor really. On most days I only take 2 mvp as well as 2 zmk and I am on cloud 9 feeling wonderful. some days I take the full 4 zmk when I really wanna be knocked out, or I take the 4 mvp if I have a REAL heavy/long day.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
One quick question, I thought I had read that ZMA is supposed to be those exact ratios, can't recall them now, but I thought they had to be dialed in pretty closely. Does a half dose of ZMK not give you the testosterone and recovery benefits that ZMA studies have shown?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
The typical zma blend reads something like this :

20-30 mg zinc, 400-500 mg magnesium, and 10mg B6

If you take a half dose (2 pills) of ZMK, it reads like this :
15mg zinc, 250mg magnesium, 12.5mg B6

So I guess you'd be right huh?...........:wave2:

OR....you can think about some other things :)

ZMK has Krebs Cycle chelated Zinc and Magnesium which makes it twice as bioavailable as your normal zma product. It also 3078mgs of krebs cycle intermediates which in turn, boost ATP production. Let's not forget that it has 72 naturally occuring trace minerals, which is an area in which ALL athletes are almost always deficient.

like I was saying.....I feel safe taking 2 ZMK over 4 zma :)

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Exactly the kind of info I was hoping I would get back! Thanks CTD!

fartster

Awards
question, is milleniumsport a vitamine shoppe brand? I have tried ZMA but saw a ZMK next to it so I was also curious about it. I am buying it at vit shoppe today. I want to look for it online as it is cheaper. I gotta see the difference.

fartster

Awards
72 non listed?

The typical zma blend reads something like this :

20-30 mg zinc, 400-500 mg magnesium, and 10mg B6

If you take a half dose (2 pills) of ZMK, it reads like this :
15mg zinc, 250mg magnesium, 12.5mg B6

So I guess you'd be right huh?...........:wave2:

OR....you can think about some other things :)

ZMK has Krebs Cycle chelated Zinc and Magnesium which makes it twice as bioavailable as your normal zma product. It also 3078mgs of krebs cycle intermediates which in turn, boost ATP production. Let's not forget that it has 72 naturally occuring trace minerals, which is an area in which ALL athletes are almost always deficient.

like I was saying.....I feel safe taking 2 ZMK over 4 zma :)

fartster

Awards
Is ZMA an entirely different compound than just taking a magnesium, a zinc, and a b6 as single supplements taken together? I have both 3 supplements as single products, would taking it at the same time be same as taking a ZMA? Considering zinc is to be taken with food, ZMA has zinc and yet it should be taken on empty stomach. Trust me when I took a zinc product without eating first, I thought I was feeling like ****. I don't know why ZMA's zinc doesn't make me feel like **** when taken on an empty stomach prior to sleep.

ddubbs

ddubbs

Awards
We have ZMA and lot of other goodies in our Testovar PM and I'll Get You A Bottle

fartster

Awards
Tried ZMK from Millenium, great stuff, had less sleep unfortunately due to limited hours still felt refreshed. Too early to come up to a conclusion. I don't know exactly if ZMK is a sleep supplement or what? ZMA was touted as a fat loss/weight loss supplement by way of sleep. Who knows what ZMK is really for if there's a real purpose for it. I paid $30 for a 1 month supply, anyone know of a cheaper brand of ZMK?

fartster

Awards
ZMK from Millennium is $30 at Vit Shoppe but I paid $19 for it on Amazon, so it helps to know where to shop. Just my 2 cents.

Is ZMK a Millennium exclusive product? I don't see any other brands selling them.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I see no reason to overpay for minerals - eat things that grow in dirt, take a multi, and the cheapest ZMA you can find (If you want the Magnesium for it's calming effect before bedtime) - sorted.

fartster

Awards
I noticed oversleeping with ZMK, anyone else? I was already an hour late from work, twice. I'm cutting my pills from 4 to 2. That was very strange, puts me in a deep sleep I can't hear 2 of my alarm clocks.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don't get much from zma. I may try zmk to see how that effects me.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I see no reason to overpay for minerals - eat things that grow in dirt, take a multi, and the cheapest ZMA you can find (If you want the Magnesium for it's calming effect before bedtime) - sorted.
This.

I've used SNS ZMA for a long time because it's so inexpensive.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
zma products for the most part contain zinc, magnesium, and b6.

Zmk contains all of the essential minerals that you burn through daily in your workouts such as zinc, magnesium, b6, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, potassium, and many more.

ZMA = zinc and magnesium ASPARTATE while ZMK = zinc and magnesium as a KREBs cycle intermediate. The intermediates are theoretically absorbed more easily than aspartates but I have no studies to back that up. ZMK also contains selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum and a few other trace minerals.

If you're interested in picking up more ZMK from Millennium Sport Tech, you can use the code "RJA" for 50% off your entire order!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ZMK from MST is a great product. I switched a week ago to ZMK and my sleep improved even more on it compared to regular ZMA. With the RJA code, it's cheaper than other ZMA products out there.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ZMA is the only type product where my colors are vibrant and colorful...