Best ZMA product

liddodragon

Awards
Just trying to get an idea any good ZMA brands out there from experience.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
MST's ZMK

This thread can now be closed :thumbsup::hammer:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Im pretty sure ZMA is a trademarked formula, so technically they should all be the same. Otherwise I have heard great things about ZMK, but I have never tried it personally.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
^^ EDIT ^^
By MST.

Very good, by far my fav.
I pop right up and feel awesome next morning!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
SNAC owns the copyright to ZMA.

Pretty much all the same i guess.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
no problem man.

There are lot of good ZMA or ZMA based products out there.

I just recommend buying them from Nutraplanet.

BigSmith

Awards
  • Established
SNAC does own it and license the formulary out under its TM.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just buy the cheapest you can find(primaforce)

or you can go with zmk
as others have said

but i ask the others, what does zmk achieve beyond regular zma?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established

or you can go with zmk
as others have said

the only difference i believe is that it has minerals with it. u could just take a multi vitamin with your zma. i don't know what the difference would be.

i take NOW adams multi which has zma in it. better than buying both i would say

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Primaforce, solid company and it 15 bucks for 60 days worth on nutraplanet.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
testojack 100 by NOW Foods is off the hook. not only is it a good ZMA product, but the extras thrown in make for things popping up within minutes, if you know what i mean. inconvenient in public places. hahaha.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed ZMK quite a bit, but will say, for me primaforce works just as well.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established

or you can go with zmk
as others have said

HUGH morning wood!!

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
zma doesn't work, well, a couple of studies say so.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
zma doesn't work, well, a couple of studies say so.
it works for shure

dont take with milk and take it on an empty stomach, before bed

i definately notice when im not on it
but it takes a few weeks to go into effect, so you could not be on it for a month and then realize your stregth is down and youre not sleeping as well

liddodragon

Awards
Appreciate all your input. Thanks!!!!:thumbsup:

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
SNAC owns the copyright to ZMA.

Pretty much all the same i guess.
I don't think that's right. I think the real copyright goes to Victor Conte and BALCO. He came up with it after he did a study of ( i believe the oakland raiders) and he saw they lacked these two minerals so came up with it.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i hate to admit it but..and i know people are gonna be mad...but GNC's brand of zma..knocked me the **** out everytime i took it. never grew tolerant of it. went to sleep almost exactly a half hour after taking it and i woke up so energized it was ridiculous. i'm sorry guys...other than that..stay away! lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

or you can go with zmk
as others have said

zmk's blend is much more synergistic than zma blends around the bend. It is combined with an extensive krebs chelated mineral complex that restores of all the vitals, other than just zinc and magnesium, that you lose daily through extensive exercise and sports.

To the post right after this one : you wouldn't take a multi with a zma supp because they'd cancel each other out. Vitamins are meant to be taken by day...as minerals are to be taken by night. This is why many multi vitamins are not as effective...because they have minerals blocking the path of the vitamins. Same with night formulas. People are taking their zma (or zmk) too closely to foods that contain calcium, and it is drawing out all the effects of the minerals.

I hope this helped a bit. Zmk is your best choice ;)

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Can't go wrong with NOW ZMA. Cheap and effective.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I've never slept as deep as I have while on ZMK, EVER! Some of the craziest dreams also were with ZMK.

If you want to put yourself damn near COMA stack ZMK and AI's Stoked!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i hate to admit it but..and i know people are gonna be mad...but GNC's brand of zma..knocked me the **** out everytime i took it. never grew tolerant of it. went to sleep almost exactly a half hour after taking it and i woke up so energized it was ridiculous. i'm sorry guys...other than that..stay away! lol[/QUO

yeah ive tried their zma, your right its better. its the valerian and hops in there, plus its in a tablet formation
only if you can find it 50 percent of though!(30bucls)
other than that stay away from gnc

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'm tellin you guys....NOW ZMA is bomb and like 7 bucks for a month.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have taken ZMK, workd great, then I took ZMK, and it worked wonders!

ZMK FTW!!!!

I would say MST's ZMK ATW FTW!!!! dont you love our society of abbreviated language....

I also used it with somnidren GH, ooo that warm tingly feeling before you fall asleep....wonderful

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
zmk is the dbol/test/tren of all zma! nothing can touch it!

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
really?

is that your final answer?

Guru's............Sick him. lol

yes final answer. the "study" done with zma is entirely questionable. you can also get your vitamins elsewhere and don't need zma. the supplement is pushed so hard but imo it is total garbage. you are going to pay for zinc, mag and b6 because a questionable study says it increases test? if your diet is good this supplement is entirely worthless to you.:bruce1:

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whatevs it works bro, lots of people says it works

most of the american population doesnt get enough zinc in their diets.
people who train hard in the gym need even more zinc than couch potatoes

on the other hand, we have lots of magnisum in our diets, however americans have high calcium intake bc everything is fortifies with calcium.
therefore the magnisium we eat is not absorbed because of calcium

which is why you cant take zma with milk
and you must do this to reap the benefits, and you must also take it on an empty stomach

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you dont do both of those zma will 100 percent guaranteed not work.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
whatevs it works bro, lots of people says it works

most of the american population doesnt get enough zinc in their diets.
people who train hard in the gym need even more zinc than couch potatoes

on the other hand, we have lots of magnisum in our diets, however americans have high calcium intake bc everything is fortifies with calcium.
therefore the magnisium we eat is not absorbed because of calcium

which is why you cant take zma with milk
and you must do this to reap the benefits, and you must also take it on an empty stomach
most of the american population isn't on bodybuilding message boards nor follow good diet plans as many who are into bodybuilding do.

follow a good eating plan, get your hormones tested, go on ZMA for 2 months have your hormones tested again. i'm sure you will see no change.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
most of the american population isn't on bodybuilding message boards nor follow good diet plans as many who are into bodybuilding do.

follow a good eating plan, get your hormones tested, go on ZMA for 2 months have your hormones tested again. i'm sure you will see no change.
that is not what its for. it is not supposed to boost your hormones or hormone product, thus it is not a hormonal product. the product was developed by victor conti and BALCO for professional football players because he did a study and noticed the athletes were missing zinc and magnesium which are critical in muscle recovery. and it also promotes good sleep. he added some b6 in there and bam, got a really good supplement. it does not directly increase your test levels..but it has the possibility
Studies show that by supplementing your diet with specific amounts of zinc and magnesium, you can elevate testosterone levels by as much as 30 percent. Balco Labs has conducted research to determine the exact amount of zinc and magnesium required to replenish an athlete's stores of these precious minerals. Their studies have just been accepted for publication in Sports Medicine, Training, and Rehabilitation Journal. Furthermore, Balco Labs has conducted exhaustive tests with 21 professional bodybuilders and most of the Denver Broncos football team, and all their findings have confirmed Balco Labs' theories. Based on their findings, Balco Labs developed a supplement, called "ZMA." They've also been able to determine that the best dose is 30 mg of zinc and 450 mg of magnesium taken once per day (three capsules taken between dinner and bed time)
so...it works.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
clownbaby has no idea what hes talking about

your a noob

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
ya i guess 28 person study is a logical sample size (rolls eyes)

"Another study in 2004 conducted jointly by the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab of Baylor University, IMAGINutrition, and the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, found that ZMA has no effect on strength, hormone levels, or anaerobic capacity."

^ Wilborn Colin D. et al (2004). "Effects of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA) Supplementation on Training Adaptations and Markers of Anabolism and Catabolism". Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 1 (2): 12–20. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-1-2-12.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
ya i guess 28 person study is a logical sample size (rolls eyes)

"Another study in 2004 conducted jointly by the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab of Baylor University, IMAGINutrition, and the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, found that ZMA has no effect on strength, hormone levels, or anaerobic capacity."

^ Wilborn Colin D. et al (2004). "Effects of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA) Supplementation on Training Adaptations and Markers of Anabolism and Catabolism". Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 1 (2): 12–20. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-1-2-12.

listen...moron..we're not talking about increasing strength or hormone levels. we are all aware that's not what it does. it REPLACES two essential minerals that active people need. what are you not getting about that? this guy asked for a simple suggestion on what ZMA product to purchase and we tried to give him them. then u came along saying it sucks. maybe it didn't work for you. maybe you train like a pussy i don't know. but riding in here on your high horse after maybe being a month on this board..with no rep points and it's obvious..completely taking down a proven product is just stupid. we've all used it. we know it works. i'm using it again know and am having great sleep on it. just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it sucks. can you go with taking zma? of course. can it make a difference? of course. each side can find articles supporting or negating its effects for hours. saying a proven, well liked supplement sucks...not cool...we're not talking about Muscletech products here...

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, clownbaby is right, that study is very very small and not enough to judge a supplement, let alone to make a decision about anything.

However, since I've been taking ZMA for a couple/few months and have enough for 6 months and I love the effects which are:

-Better Sleep

-Sh*t every morning (this is because of the magnesium, a lot of people on Atkins, Paleo diets, etc... also supplement with magnesium, considering I only eat meat, no fruits, vegetables or grains, this is a good benefit.

-better overall being.

-I need the extra zinc because I lose more than average.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whether it works or not is up for debate; there's many factors involved (Diet, Exercise Level/Type, Genetics, etc.) Zn and Mg deficiency has been shown to be present in various populations. For $0.25/day, I like the peace of mind knowing I get enough Zn & Mg.

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
SNAC's "ZMA Nightcap" in either apple berry or rootbeer float. They taste good.