"trying" to cut

cheezscott

Awards
OK I am trying to drop fat while gaininhg musle mass ( and its not working Im getting huge and feel like Im bulking)

heres my diet and lemme know what ya think.

meal 1: 3 egg whites w tomatoes or 1/2 cup of oats & qunioa or eziekel break with some avocado, 1tbl of homemade PB, and a tblsppon of fatfree feta(its good trush me.

meal 2: 1 scoop of protein or a cup or non fat yougert

noon prework out - 2 tbl of homemade PB and 1 scoop of PW white flood and green mag

post work out - 1 scoop or protien or 3 turkey hot dogs or 6oz of lean meat AND 1/2 cup of oats and quinoa

meal 4: 4-6oz of meat , veggies or salad w ooil,

meal 5 : 1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How many calories is that? Protein? Fats? A diet can look good at glance but specific data is necessary to really comment.

cheezscott

Awards
right, I was told by my trainer not to worry all that much about counting, just lots of protien, low carbs, and lots of small meals..Im also doing 700 calaories(40min) 6x a week!!!

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
your trainer is an idiot....especially if you are trying to recomp...that is when it is the most important to know exactly where your calories are...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
right, I was told by my trainer not to worry all that much about counting, just lots of protien, low carbs, and lots of small meals..Im also doing 700 calaories(40min) 6x a week!!!
Yeah your 'trainer' sounds like a tard. Accounting for calories is the most important aspect of dieting.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely right. If you are taking in too many calories then it doesn't matter how clean you eat.

cheezscott

Awards
so at 220 and 5'11 how much fat and how many cals, fat and carbs should I be taking in???

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Your basal metabolic rate would be about 2200 cals per day depending on your age. So, depending on your activity level, you should eat between 2200 and 2200+total daily calories burned. Nutrient ratios depend on which philosophy you prescribe to (Atkins, equicaloric, high carb etc...).

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
2500 calories
250 grams protein
250 grams carbs
55 grams fat

Try that for a month or two

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
As a trainer, I have to be conscious of the fact that the average or even above average client will not be able to totally count cals. Most of my clients dieting strategies are so poor, that I can just say the usual:
"Cut out fried foods, sodas, and deserts. Eat 5 meals per day. Phase out carbs for meal 4 and 5. Eat 5 servings+ of vegetables and eat a serving of fruit in between your first couple meals. Consider getting a food allergy test and report back to me for further modifications."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 8
Weight Loss 12
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 37
MsHulk Training Forum 28