Can I use Prime?

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Im 16, 6', 175lbs and looking to get some more gains. According to the info on prime, its completely natural and made of a potent concoction of herbal type ingredients.
I know someone my age shouldn't be looking at supplements just yet, but prime is supposedly different.
From those who have tried and used prime, do you think it would be a benefit if i got some prime and did some cycles?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Get some sleep, if you start getting a full nights rest every night it will boost your testosterone and GH more than any legal supplement out there.

And if you happen to not get enough sleep take a nap, they're awesome.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Sleep...plenty of good clean food...fish oil...post-workout/during-workout protein blend...learn the lifts...set some goals and go after them.

That's pretty much what you should be doing. Basically in that order. I recommend getting all the free info Dan John has to offer on his site. www.danjohn.org - he coaches lots of young guys about lifting, and he really drives home the basics in a cool way.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Heres my schedule:
Monday- 5x5 A (Squats, Bench, Row)
Wednesday- Soccer Practice
Thursday- 5x5 B (squats, Press, Deads)
Saturday-5x5 A
Sunday- Soccer Game
The A&B rotation switch each week obviously.

Nutrition: (average day at school)
Breakfast- Cereal (miniwheats, rasin bran, etc) w/ 1% milk, Muscle Milk Drink Lite (9g carbs, 20g protein)
Snack- Protein or Cliff Bar (30g - 10g protein)
Lunch- heavy meat&cheese on flax wheat or costco chicken bake(22g fat, 55 carbs, 43protein 560 calories), apple, nutrigrain bar, beef jerky, water, grapes
Snacking- Trail mix for snack
Afternoon meal- beef jerky, sandwhich, burrito, etc anything i see i stuff my face with till im full
Dinner- more scavanging for fullness

Pre-Workout- 5mg creatine mono-hydrate, 30g protein powder(ON ProComplex), sweatened with stevia so i can actually drink it, taken in water
Post-Workout- 5mg Creatine, 30g protein, taken in milk(1%), sweatened with stevia, added banana for carbs boost

i get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, drink plenty of water, dont let myself get stressed out, no alchohol, no drugs, and that basically sums it up

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
dont waste your money= stick to the basics and if you feel you want to buy a supplement or two , look for something thats been established for a while and there is enough feedback on it ,

It easy to get taken in with all the hype but dont , if claims are made about a supplement start to question it and if you have the time take each ingredient and google it to get a broader picture. What you might find , might make you question why its been included in the ingredients and what the link is between it and all the hype.

good luck

Last edited:
ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
Heres my schedule:
Monday- 5x5 A (Squats, Bench, Row)
Wednesday- Soccer Practice
Thursday- 5x5 B (squats, Press, Deads)
Saturday-5x5 A
Sunday- Soccer Game
The A&B rotation switch each week obviously.

Nutrition: (average day at school)
Breakfast- Cereal (miniwheats, rasin bran, etc) w/ 1% milk, Muscle Milk Drink Lite (9g carbs, 20g protein)
Snack- Protein or Cliff Bar (30g - 10g protein)
Lunch- heavy meat&cheese on flax wheat or costco chicken bake(22g fat, 55 carbs, 43protein 560 calories), apple, nutrigrain bar, beef jerky, water, grapes
Snacking- Trail mix for snack
Afternoon meal- beef jerky, sandwhich, burrito, etc anything i see i stuff my face with till im full
Dinner- more scavanging for fullness

Pre-Workout- 5mg creatine mono-hydrate, 30g protein powder(ON ProComplex), sweatened with stevia so i can actually drink it, taken in water
Post-Workout- 5mg Creatine, 30g protein, taken in milk(1%), sweatened with stevia, added banana for carbs boost

i get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, drink plenty of water, dont let myself get stressed out, no alchohol, no drugs, and that basically sums it up
man be careful with squats and deadlifts on the same day. even with good form, the stress on your lower back and discs is a lot. i am speaking from experience since i got a rupture in my L5-S1. i did squats and deadlifts for years but i never did them on the same day. but last summer i tried to combine my splits and tried to do it all at once..

also i think u meant 5grams of creatine..not 5mg.

there's just so much i see in your diet that you can fix before you turn to products like these.

stuff i don't really see in someone who is really serious :cereal, nutrigrain bar, trail mix, beef jerky etc.

plus what's your macros? how many calories are you taking in? just because you are stuffing your face doesnt mean you are getting everything you need.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
You have a pretty good setup going there, seems well researched, especially for your age.

X2 on the cereal/protein bars etc, If possible replace them with a chicken breast/brown rice etc. Most packaged food isnt as good as you would think it is. If anything try ezekial cereal or grape nuts, those are both pretty good.

its a good habit to record everything you eat, with the nutritional contents, for a whole week. It will give you a great look at what your diet is really like.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
dont waste your money= stick to the basics and if you feel you want to buy a supplement or two , look for something thats been established for a while and there is enough feedback on it ,

It easy to get taken in with all the hype but dont , if claims are made about a supplement start to question it and if you have the time take each ingredient and google it to get a broader picture. What you might find , might make you question why its been included in the ingredients and what the link is between it and all the hype.

good luck
i fully agree here. not bashing USP and their products, but you're on a solid road. DO NOT fall into being a supp whore. i've been there, and you really do get to depending on them for your gains. but guess what, you WILL be let down AND out of some bread. and the intensity you had in the gym, wave bye bye to that if this happens, as you'll be in a mind warp where you'll think that the supps are doing that part for you.

stick to what is understandable. a lot of companies are selling these elaborate cocktails, and most of us do not even know what it is we're putting into our bodies. we do it because they promise us the body we've always wanted. but there are supps that are simple, proven, and understandable by the average chap. again, divanyl is a pretty good herbal extract. it's proven and i can understand its function in my body without reading a 200 page write-up full of terms i can't understand.

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
i fully agree here. not bashing USP and their products, but you're on a solid road. DO NOT fall into being a supp whore. i've been there, and you really do get to depending on them for your gains. but guess what, you WILL be let down AND out of some bread. and the intensity you had in the gym, wave bye bye to that if this happens, as you'll be in a mind warp where you'll think that the supps are doing that part for you.

stick to what is understandable. a lot of companies are selling these elaborate cocktails, and most of us do not even know what it is we're putting into our bodies. we do it because they promise us the body we've always wanted. but there are supps that are simple, proven, and understandable by the average chap. again, divanyl is a pretty good herbal extract. it's proven and i can understand its function in my body without reading a 200 page write-up full of terms i can't understand.
great post. every company is out there to make money..handful out there acutally care about what the supps do to our body over a long period of time.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where I think this is a very good natural product, I really feel that you don't need to be taking supps at 16. You growth potential at this age is astronomical, and it is this tiem that you can be using to study and get to know your body and how it responds to diet and exercise. Learn how to excell on your own then when and if you want to try supps you will have a lot of knowledge to draw upon so you can make informed decisions and actually making those supps work better or you. Knowledge is the best thing to supplement.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
18 and up...

You look like you are on the right track buddy! Best of luck!

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
also i think u meant 5grams of creatine..not 5mg.

there's just so much i see in your diet that you can fix before you turn to products like these.

stuff i don't really see in someone who is really serious :cereal, nutrigrain bar, trail mix, beef jerky etc.

plus what's your macros? how many calories are you taking in? just because you are stuffing your face doesnt mean you are getting everything you need.
Yes i did mean 5g, my bad. and i know my diet isnt what it could be. If you could pm, link, anything like that, i would love the info on some good foods and a stronger diet. No ones really given me much besides "eat food" so yeah, if you could help out thatd be great

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes i did mean 5g, my bad. and i know my diet isnt what it could be. If you could pm, link, anything like that, i would love the info on some good foods and a stronger diet. No ones really given me much besides "eat food" so yeah, if you could help out thatd be great
You should check out the http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/ . There are some interesting threads regarding healthy eating choices in there. If you search that subforum you will stumble on some gems. Sorry I'd link you to some but I'm rushing to finish an app. Sorry mate

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
::: Scivation Books :::

there's a bunch of ebooks there that will get you started in the right track.

from workouts to diets..try to read some of them...there's a lot of good info.