can i take a Vicodin I am on day 29 of X-Factor

d00fy

Awards
Its day 29 for me on x-factor and weighing in at 180 from 170, im fkin sore and ****, can i take 1 vicodin?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
no. i'm pretty sure asprin, and any NSAID will impede muscle growth. i'm positive that an opioid will make you feel invincible, which makes you prone to injury if you're working out today.

d00fy

Awards
nah today is a off day, i took in enough carbs, but 1vicodin can hinder 50day cycle of x-factor

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
no. it will hinder what is sore from growing. its not going to compromise your whole cycle.

if your health club has a hot tub, try this:
take some creatine right before entering the gym
work out what is sore - 10 reps, light weights (1/2 training weight)
take more creatine
jump in the hot tub

if its still sore, then try the vicodin.

d00fy

Awards
we have a hot tub i will go to that tommorow after my back workout :) , i also been taking more creatine 10gram a day 1scoop green mag from cl and 1teaspoon creatine mono, but for future reference 1 vicodin wont hinder gains ?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
dude even if your not on x-factor, why would u take a vicodan for muscle soreness. sore muscles are a part of this lifestyle, u cant take a vicodan every day for the rest of your life can u?

d00fy

Awards
my neck hurts i should of been more specific, i had a car accident 1yr ago so time to time my neck acts up on me , i havent been going to massage therapy cause my insurance ran out and wont cover any more

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if you have to take it, you have to take it. just realize it will to some degree compromise your gains.

d00fy

Awards
this I understand, but just one can effect what 29days of x-factor:/ already contributed to me, its not like I go around popping these everyday , usually every month i take 1 or 2 when the neck acts up on me , other than that I stick IcyHot rub for temporary relief

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
this I understand, but just one can effect what 29days of x-factor:/ already contributed to me, its not like I go around popping these everyday , usually every month i take 1 or 2 when the neck acts up on me , other than that I stick IcyHot rub for temporary relief
no one day of something will not mess up an entire cycle. ever - unless its vodka the first day of PCT. its just not a good habit to get into, which you already know. if this problem continues (chronic problem) you might want to switch over to something with a lower asprin content, or get the vicodin with the lowest fillers. oxycontin comes to mind, but its terribly addictive. anways, good luck.

d00fy

Awards
lower asprin content? you mean like baby asprin from bayer

no one day of something will not mess up an entire cycle. ever - unless its vodka the first day of PCT. its just not a good habit to get into, which you already know. if this problem continues (chronic problem) you might want to switch over to something with a lower asprin content, or get the vicodin with the lowest fillers. oxycontin comes to mind, but its terribly addictive. anways, good luck.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well, your bottle of vicodin should have two numbers split by a slash. example 7.5/600 . that means you have 7.5mg of active opioid, the rest is asprin. they have different doses, some with the same opioid content, but different asprin amounts. percocet is a prime example of this. get whichever type of vicodin you can get with the lowest 2nd number, as that is the asprin. tell your doctor its because you spend time in the gym.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
well, your bottle of vicodin should have two numbers split by a slash. example 7.5/600 . that means you have 7.5mg of active opioid, the rest is asprin. they have different doses, some with the same opioid content, but different asprin amounts. percocet is a prime example of this. get whichever type of vicodin you can get with the lowest 2nd number, as that is the asprin. tell your doctor its because you spend time in the gym.
Odds are most doctors will consider that drug seeking so you can take more of the desired (opioid) while minimizing liver damage. But then again, i've had some pretty bad docs throughout my life :rolleyes:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if thats all you want, i can hook you up with the doctor that gave my g/f a prescription of 15x40mg oxycontin per day, with percocets for breakthrough pain.

i think so long as you're not doctor shopping, you're not running out early, and you have a valid reason for wanting less asprin, it shouldn't be a problem. especially if you're at 1-2 per month. i don't know a doctor in the world that would have a problem giving you a prescription for under 5 vicodin per month.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
if thats all you want, i can hook you up with the doctor that gave my g/f a prescription of 15x40mg oxycontin per day, with percocets for breakthrough pain.

i think so long as you're not doctor shopping, you're not running out early, and you have a valid reason for wanting less asprin, it shouldn't be a problem. especially if you're at 1-2 per month. i don't know a doctor in the world that would have a problem giving you a prescription for under 5 vicodin per month.
I had a doc that straight up told me she would not prescribe me narcotics for my pain about 2 days after a cortisone shot. Couldn't sleep, and it was a sharp very uncomfortable pain that came and went.

I later found out from one of the best sports medicine docs in the area that it was steroid flareup, and gave me a couple various goodies for a week. Worked like a charm. God I hate docs that think all of their patients are just drug seekers. Sorry, rant off :hammer:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I had a doc that straight up told me she would not prescribe me narcotics for my pain about 2 days after a cortisone shot. Couldn't sleep, and it was a sharp very uncomfortable pain that came and went.

I later found out from one of the best sports medicine docs in the area that it was steroid flareup, and gave me a couple various goodies for a week. Worked like a charm. God I hate docs that think all of their patients are just drug seekers. Sorry, rant off :hammer:
it sucks, because opiates fall into the same realm of steroids. by that i mean it works great for so many people, but so many others try scamming them so they can abuse it, that it becomes harder to get for everyone.

if you have a conservative town close by, they usually are faster to prescribe opiates. more people in the town with money = heavy handed doctors.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
that vicodin will very likely contain 500mg of tylenol, so no (in addition to the 10mg or whatever of vicodin)

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
and also, be happy that you're sore! It means soon your muscles will be repaired: bigger and stronger. I love being sore the next day of a workout now, it means that i'm progressing, and the weights prove it.

ropehead

ropehead

Awards
there is no aspirin in vicoden, it's acetaminophen and it's not an nsaid.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
there is no aspirin in vicoden, it's acetaminophen and it's not an nsaid.
Correct. Acetaminophen is far different than aspirin or other NSAIDS in that its MOA does not involve Cyclooxygenase (COX) and will not interfere with arachidonic acid's pro-inflammatory effects.

Its fine to take with x-factor.