Sleeping problem

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I would appreciate some help on this subject. I've always had problems with awaking during the middle of the night. It's gone from 1-2 times to about 3 times a night. I dont have much of a problem going back to sleep, but it definitely disrupts my sleeping pattern.

I've tried melatonin, but that doesn't seem to work. I may have given up too soon, as I'm told I have to keep taking it for weeks for it to build up in my system. I'm weary about going to the doc and getting ambien, b/c i dont really want to be dependent on something, but I may resort to that. I dont know much about that drug.

I'm looking at more over the counter ways to combat this problem if it's possible.

The sneaky people at the pharmacy always try to sell me "sleep aids" and they are just diphenhydramine aka benadryl. I will note that when I get colds and I take the drowsy medicine along with benadryl i sleep a little better. Benadryl makes me groggy if I dont get 8+ hours of sleep, and as a student that isn't always possible.

Other than ZMA (which i have no tried) is there anything else i should research?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
5-htp, um bulk tryptophan..GABA..PowerFull aparently helps people sleep really well. i have a ZMA now that knocks me out and keeps me out. it has the regular ZMA + GABA + 5-htp.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
start by buying small amounts of each of those. Gaba gives many people wierd reactions like tingling and odd energy also htp give many people anxiety.

Powerfull did nothing for my sleep so I gave up and have been using lunesta.

I would go with some of the OTC formulas. Abyss was good when I tested it. When using it I almost thought it didn't work so great but my gf use to FORCE me to take them and got real upset when they were all gone haha so obviously she thought I was sleeping better.

eneyman

eneyman

Awards
dude I had the same problem as you, I tried melatonin and that crap just dropped my blood pressure and I felt dizzy and would still wake up feeling paranoid until.... I found Z-Force by Dymatize.

This stuff is ZMA plus extra ingredients and 3-4 of these babies and you will sleep like a rock and feel like a freakin champ in the morning, great recovery and freshness. And the best thing is that it's like the cheapest zma for 10 bucks a bottle. Give it a try before shelling out for expensive prescription strength meds.

oh yea, plus it gives you sweet dreams which alot of people like

jcratty75

Awards
you could also try nocturnabol by AMS works real good
take one cap about 30 minutes before bed and your good