Nose Torque

Eman5656

Eman5656

Awards
Heard about alot of powerlifters using this stuff. But i dont seem to see is on the internet anywhere. Is it a old product or does anyone know?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
they're probably referring too smelling salts.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Ammonia caps

(Nose torque sounds like crack :lol:)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was always curious about the use of ammonia... Would it be wrong of me to ask why and how it is used?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
a whiff will get you fired up and crank the intensity instantenously, a psyching aid according to the product literature. Nose Tork is a product name, it's just a bottle of smelling salts.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious, though...

Smelling salts are essentially absorbed ammonia. Sniffing them in would deplete O2 from the system, which you need more for a big lift. So how would depleting the lungs of oxygen and replacing it with a toxic gas aid in lifting?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I have seen people sniff ammonia in a bottle before big lifts. I think it is the process of alertness/shock/rush from the sudden smell. Also, have seen people smell the thing in the Olympic games before going on stage.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Ammonia bicarbonate (smelling salts) work as a epinephrine agonist, aka they give you a quick release of adrenaline. Also they open your breathing passages up so you can actually take in more O2 after taking a wiff. Nose Tourque is a specific brand that is a little stronger and more concentrated than your average ammonia capsule. Nose torque is still available on a PROfessional site that sells WRIST STRAPS. Happy googling!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ammonia bicarbonate (smelling salts) work as a epinephrine agonist, aka they give you a quick release of adrenaline. Also they open your breathing passages up so you can actually take in more O2 after taking a wiff. Nose Tourque is a specific brand that is a little stronger and more concentrated than your average ammonia capsule. Nose torque is still available on a PROfessional site that sells WRIST STRAPS. Happy googling!
lol - Now I get it! And it does make sense. I was thinking along those lines, but the actual process of how to use them alluded me.

Nice site reference, by the way. That's where I was eyeballing them earlier in the year. (Love their gear!!!!) I believe their instructions for NT says "If you don't know how to use 'em, then don't buy 'em" ...or something to that affect. (Now I have to buy 'em!)

Much obliged, pmil. :cheers:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
It is funny to watch peoples first reaction to sniffing them, that alone is worth the 6 bucks it costs lol.

Alex1

Alex1

Awards
Smelling Salts

One thing I did not see mentioned here was the potential risks of smelling salts. I use them, but am somewhat aware of the dangers. My 2 cents.

As said by someone else above, you do actually take in more oxygen when using this stuff. However, (from what a P.A. I've trained with told me) it actually lowers your blood pressure quite suddenly, which can cause negative affects on your heart. The effect of which has been known to cause cardiac arrest. People have dropped dead on the spot!

The mental side is the dependency and tolerance you can build up. The more you use it and make noticeable improvements, the more you want to use it.The more you use, the more it takes. After a while it can almost become part of your routine and you will not be able to get a good session without it. Obviously, based on what I wrote above this also adds to health risks.

Consult a doctor about this before using. Also, its at your own risk. Stuff happens, no one to blame.

My best results come from occasional use, at my heaviest sets. I use more than I should and am trying to cut it back. The plus - It can take down mental barriers and get you focused/pumped fast! Just be careful.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Paul nailed it... I use ammonia caps a few days a week.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Paul nailed it... I use ammonia caps a few days a week.
You use them that often huh? I bought a package of ten caps a year ago and I have 6 or 7 left lol. I took a wiff of one at my last meet and got some teary eyed from it that I almost missed the bench when I went to set up.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You use them that often huh? I bought a package of ten caps a year ago and I have 6 or 7 left lol. I took a wiff of one at my last meet and got some teary eyed from it that I almost missed the bench when I went to set up.
I have been using the 5/3/1 and it really helps me get those extra reps. Maybe 1-2 times per week I guess.

GRAYHORSE

GRAYHORSE

Awards
I use it during meets as well and sell a lot of it. haha Nose Tork is WAY stronger than the little ammonia tabs you see in football and yes it makes a very fun party favor...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use it during meets as well and sell a lot of it. haha Nose Tork is WAY stronger than the little ammonia tabs you see in football and yes it makes a very fun party favor...
hahah we did that to my drunk roomie before... We told him it was 'blueberry smelling pills' and let him rip some fresh NoseTorque... You would have thought he got shot in the face (i think that is what he thought) hahaha

Easily one of the top 3 funniest things i have ever witnessed...

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
hahah we did that to my drunk roomie before... We told him it was 'blueberry smelling pills' and let him rip some fresh NoseTorque... You would have thought he got shot in the face (i think that is what he thought) hahaha

hahahaha...although funny as hell, that is just plain wrong!

GRAYHORSE

GRAYHORSE

Awards

I do this ALL the time. It's called lets play the Nose Tork game. haha

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it would have been taped, it would be a YouTube classic...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im usually the DD when my friends go out because its pointless for me to drink, (my tolerance is ridiculous) so I have definitely woken up some drunks with an ammonia cap or two. We actually had one kid wake up swinging after we did it to him, then he got really confused and started to tear up really bad.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
My longtime training partner was/is sponsored by inzer, i used to make him get some whenever he got a shipment. I ordered a bottle from Monster Muscle once and it was the strongest **** i ever had. I told one of my training partners to take a whiff and it looked as though somone had stabbed him in the brain, lol. I love the ****, but don't get it your eye, i have a friend who will never use it again as he got some in his eye in between lifts in a meet.

Alex1

Alex1

Awards
Anyone notice the nose torq lids are always ****ed up after just a few uses?

They could put a little more into the bottle design, at least the lid. I would pay for the increase.

oh yeah, bump

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone notice the nose torq lids are always ****ed up after just a few uses?

They could put a little more into the bottle design, at least the lid. I would pay for the increase.

oh yeah, bump
The crystals get all jammed up in the threads. Try not shaking it at all?