What is aPCT and what is it needed for?

AMannkid1210

AMannkid1210

Awards
I have many questions on a bunch of things that i am just starting to learn. What is apct and what does it do to your body, why do people take it after cycles? Thank you

MorningMetal

Awards
Put very simply, PCT stands for post cycle therapy, and it's used after steroid/PH cycles. When you use steroids or PHs, Your body ceases, or greatly reduces(depending on several factors, chemical,dosage, etc) it's own testosterone production in response to the increase in supplemental testosterone from the steroids/PH's.
Many PS/PH have aromatase inhibitors "built in"- as in the chemical structure makes it impossible for them to aromatize into estrogen/DHT. But some don't, in which case it's a good idea to take a AI seperately to keep estrogen low.
After your cycle is over is where a PCT comes in. Taking a PCT basically "restarts" your body's own testosterone production, while keeping estrogen low, greatly assists your body to get back in hormonal balance, and helps to keep most, if not all of your gains. Without it, your testosterone would begin to produce again eventually, but your estrogen levels would skyrocket in an effort to get back to normal hormone levels, and you would lose a huge amount of whatever you gained while on cycle. You would also begin to develop breast tissue(man tits), and your hormones would be way out of "wack".
If you're considering doing a PS/PH cycle, a PCT shouldn't even be an option, is it a MUST.
As far as what to use for PCT's. I have had good results from either 6-OXO or Novedex XT, but I don't do PH cycles anymore. Someone who uses them now can probably answer that better. I know iForce makes a product called Reversitrol that is AWESOME for PCT.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Put very simply, PCT stands for post cycle therapy, and it's used after steroid/PH cycles. When you use steroids or PHs, Your body ceases, or greatly reduces(depending on several factors, chemical,dosage, etc) it's own testosterone production in response to the increase in supplemental testosterone from the steroids/PH's.
Many PS/PH have aromatase inhibitors "built in"- as in the chemical structure makes it impossible for them to aromatize into estrogen/DHT. But some don't, in which case it's a good idea to take a AI seperately to keep estrogen low.
After your cycle is over is where a PCT comes in. Taking a PCT basically "restarts" your body's own testosterone production, while keeping estrogen low, greatly assists your body to get back in hormonal balance, and helps to keep most, if not all of your gains. Without it, your testosterone would begin to produce again eventually, but your estrogen levels would skyrocket in an effort to get back to normal hormone levels, and you would lose a huge amount of whatever you gained while on cycle. You would also begin to develop breast tissue(man tits), and your hormones would be way out of "wack".
If you're considering doing a PS/PH cycle, a PCT shouldn't even be an option, is it a MUST.
As far as what to use for PCT's. I have had good results from either 6-OXO or Novedex XT, but I don't do PH cycles anymore. Someone who uses them now can probably answer that better. I know iForce makes a product called Reversitrol that is AWESOME for PCT.
:goodpost: and thanks for the kind words!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
try searching a few things to better answer your ?s

AMannkid1210

AMannkid1210

Awards
So do you guys think that pct is nec. for a cycle after superdrol ng. IM hoping to gain more weight and strength off of this stuff.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well ive already answered this once...if u are ONLY taking SuperdrolNG (DHEA based supplement) there is NO need for a PCT as long as dosing is proper...If ur talking about SD (the powerful harsh and all around terrible prohormone) u should ALWAYS have a PCT...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
So do you guys think that pct is nec. for a cycle after superdrol ng. IM hoping to gain more weight and strength off of this stuff.
If you think getting your body back into its natural balance is necessary, then yeah. Read the guide to PCT in the PCT forum.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
are you asking what PCT is or aPCT?

aPCT is AX's PCT product and their recommended PCT for SDNG. Search their forum...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here! I'm here!!!

Difference between "aPCT" and a "PCT"? "aPCT" is short for AX's Advanced PCT product - just an abbreviation. PCT is short for post cycle therapy, as described above.

I will beg to differ that SDNG doesn't require PCT, as I do believe that it does. ANY product that you put into your body that modifies hormone levels in the manner that a PH does requires PCT. I don't care how light or how strong you think it is, PCT in various forms should be followed!! CEL products say to take a "break" after using the products, however they don't describe the PCT that is needed for clones of Pheraplex, Superdrol (orig) and Halodrol. Those NEED PCT more than SdNG or 3-AD, or Epi, or Havoc, or whatever else. Much respect to CEL, and I've used 2/3 of that list I just made, but have always followed proper PCT guidelines each time I've done it. Again, the most important part of any stack/cycle is knowledge!!! So please, gentlemen, stop flaming the guy for wanting to know something as important as this. Guide him, don't bash him!!! This isn't bb.com!!!!!!!

Back to aPCT, it is a 6-bromo based aromatase inhibitor that is meant to gradually get your natty levels back up to speed after a cycle. Is it good for the most potent PH/AAS? Probably not, but maybe. I can't rightly comment on that one (lack of personal experience and knowledge on the topic). However, it shouldn't be underestimated as an AI either.

Hope that helps. :)

MorningMetal

Awards
On a related topic timdull, the BEST results I saw after ANY of the cycles i've done was Mass FX/Hyperdrol/Retain for the full time. AMAZING... AX has never really made a product that didn't work, at least for me. My GF works for AX as a "try this supplement because i'm dressed like a slut" girl.(She's not though.)
Haven't tried 3-AD though. As I said, I don't do PH cycles anymore because I can't stand the shutdown. Drives me f***in nuts. Heard very good things though.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On a related topic timdull, the BEST results I saw after ANY of the cycles i've done was Mass FX/Hyperdrol/Retain for the full time. AMAZING... AX has never really made a product that didn't work, at least for me. My GF works for AX as a "try this supplement because i'm dressed like a slut" girl.(She's not though.)
Haven't tried 3-AD though. As I said, I don't do PH cycles anymore because I can't stand the shutdown. Drives me f***in nuts. Heard very good things though.
Pics or I don't believe you have a girlfriend that works for AX!!! :fart:

HA!! Bud, you better try 3-AD then. You're going to be very pleasantly impressed! :D

MorningMetal

Awards
Got pics of her, but not when she was working. She left this morning to head to Vegas to set up for the Olympia. I'm following suit tomorrow morning. Can take some pics then.

Olympia should be badass this year!! Dennis Wolf might take the Sandow! Plus tons of free s**t!!