Prime for Powerlifters/Strength Athletes?

DC181

DC181

Awards
I am a master powerlifter, retired from competition (I think) and looking to get back into some serious training. I am looking for a supplement that will help me regain some of the strength of my youth. After many days of Internet research I have settled on Activate Xtreme and Prime. Before I spend my money, can anyone direct me to a Prime review where the user was primarily looking to gain strength? I don't care at all about size (and in fact, prefer not to get bigger) and it seems like most of the logs/reviews here are written by bodybuilder types looking for mass. I suspect that Prime would be great for building strength but I can't seem to find any strength athletes that are using it. Is it too soon? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Im currently using Prime, im in week four. I don't really care about size either and im using it mainly for the strength gains. The strength gains have been good, not amazing, but good. I have set a few PRs, but out of the big three only deads. IMO its worth your time and money.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Hey my man,

I have not used prime or activate extreme but Scivation Extend allows me to squat heavy 3 times a week, and gaining each week. I'm amazed how good my recovery is on this stuff. If you haven't already, look into that next to test boosters/strength supps. Nutraplanet has some stack deals with extend and beta-alanine for $40.

I take around 10 scoops each day. Oh did I mention I'm cutting too? It's amazing Mike ;-)

2 scoops contain:

Vitamin B6 (as Pyroxidine HCI) 10mg 167%
L-Leucine 3.5g **
L-Glutamine 2.5g **
L-Isoleucine 1.75g **
L-Valine 1.75g **
Citruline Malate 1g **

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a master powerlifter, retired from competition (I think) and looking to get back into some serious training. I am looking for a supplement that will help me regain some of the strength of my youth. After many days of Internet research I have settled on Activate Xtreme and Prime. Before I spend my money, can anyone direct me to a Prime review where the user was primarily looking to gain strength? I don't care at all about size (and in fact, prefer not to get bigger) and it seems like most of the logs/reviews here are written by bodybuilder types looking for mass. I suspect that Prime would be great for building strength but I can't seem to find any strength athletes that are using it. Is it too soon? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Very cool to have more powerlifters on the board, welcome!

PRIME is excellent for powerlifters due to the strength gains as well as recovery aspect of the product. As i am sure you know, recovery is key in the powerlifting game.

Personally, i have never used a product that has effected my training the way that PRIME has. My focus, drive, aggression, etc are all through the roof. I know this sounds manufactured but keep in mind, i was a user of USPlabs products long before i became a rep.

Check out Kabuki's logs, he is a top natural PL'er with a very serious total:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/104138-my-next-meet.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/58778-kabukis-video-log.html

He has been using PRIME for quite some time and was one of our beta testers.

Thanks for the interest buddy! :head:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's not too many logs that have been going on long enough to definitively explain the strength gains on Prime. So maybe hold off until they're done and then you should have an easier time trying to gauge what type of gains to expect.

I know Nos ETHER is a GREAT powerlifting product, one of the better ones out there...might be something to look into as I know Chuck always explains how his products are formulated more for the powerlifting scene than bodybuilding. ActivaTe Xtreme is also a great start, very solid product...and one I would recommend.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's not too many logs that have been going on long enough to definitively explain the strength gains on Prime. So maybe hold off until they're done and then you should have an easier time trying to gauge what type of gains to expect.

I know Nos ETHER is a GREAT powerlifting product, one of the better ones out there...might be something to look into as I know Chuck always explains how his products are formulated more for the powerlifting scene than bodybuilding. ActivaTe Xtreme is also a great start, very solid product...and one I would recommend.
These products could also be used in conjunction.

DC181

DC181

Awards
Thanks for all the input. For whatever reason, It seems that bodybuilders are definitely more up on their supplements than powerlifters and I appreciate the help.

Well, since I hit the master ranks I definitely noticed a drop in my ability to recover and aches and pains have become commonplace. I have been taking USPLabs Cissus and that has definitely helped. I take Glutamine as well, but am unsure if this is helping or not. Any other good recovery supplements?

Kabuki's log was very convincing and I will definitely give Prime a shot......is one bottle enough for a fair trial (it is a bit pricey)? And if I want to add Activate Xtreme do you think I should take them at the same time or would it be better to run one after the other? I haven't tried Nos Ether but I did try the original Diesel Test and honestly I didn't get the strength gains I was looking for, but I do know it works for many and that it has changed since then.

Thanks!

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
haven't tried Prime yet, its in the pipeline for my PCT, but will vouch for NosEther as a great strength formulation. Others to consider are MAN's Clout/BodyOctane combo, and Athletic Edge's Intrabolic/Steel Edge. Definitely pick up some BCAAs or EAAs for recovery, some cissus with a joint formulation (osteosport/animal flex), and fish oils.

Last but not least, pick up some Powerfull. it is a pre-workout staple for me, somehow it lets me dig deep and provides the ability to push past a sticking point where it's just will power that gets you there.

while DTHC and Activate Extreme are really good products, having used both and planning to use them again, I do not consider them products that will aid your strength like the ones i listed.

There is also AN's RPM and Cores's ZAP, both are stim-based but have users reporting great things when using them. i like RPM but switched to Drive as i work out late in the evening and RPM was too much at that time. i also have a mind to try LG's Psarm for boosting strength.

Hope this helps, I am fairly new to the PL game but like Boro stated, it's cool to have more around. do check the PL/Strongman board, with your background i am sure you have a lot to offer in that forum.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the input. For whatever reason, It seems that bodybuilders are definitely more up on their supplements than powerlifters and I appreciate the help.

Well, since I hit the master ranks I definitely noticed a drop in my ability to recover and aches and pains have become commonplace. I have been taking USPLabs Cissus and that has definitely helped. I take Glutamine as well, but am unsure if this is helping or not. Any other good recovery supplements?

Kabuki's log was very convincing and I will definitely give Prime a shot......is one bottle enough for a fair trial (it is a bit pricey)? And if I want to add Activate Xtreme do you think I should take them at the same time or would it be better to run one after the other? I haven't tried Nos Ether but I did try the original Diesel Test and honestly I didn't get the strength gains I was looking for, but I do know it works for many and that it has changed since then.

Thanks!
Our SuperCissus Rx is a staple for a many powerlifters, almost a necessity. :hammer:

As far as recovery supplements i have used Scivation Xtend for years, it is a staple for me. Another product that has helped my DOMS and recovery is our PowerFULL product. A restful night sleep is worth more than gold some nights.

Personally, I have never had much luck with using pre-workout type products as in most cases vasodilatory pumps will inhibit some moves required for powerlifters.

As i have said before, i never got any type of strength gains when i used Activate Xtreme or Stoked/PCS but i know some that have enjoyed the effects.

As far as one bottle of PRIME, i am still on my first bottle and i am feeling the effects (strength, weight gain, etc.) but from what i have studied the second bottle is even more 'productive'.

Good luck with everything! :head: