dissolving creatine monohydrate

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to figure out the best way to dissolve creatine. I used to just stick the powder in my mouth and then swallow it. Now I'm going to try to dissolve about 20 grams in a gallon with some sugar too and take that throughout the day. (I am following the plan as detailed by Ellington Darded, Ph.D.) But the problem for me, is before when I tried to take it in liquid I would mix it up and it would all just settle to the bottom. I would sometime stick it in boiling water until it dissolved and that works but I don't know if it does anything weird to the creatine. Can you guys help me out?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if it stays in any liquid over five minutes it loses its potency and turns to creatinine. Take it right after you mix it, like with meals.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
if it stays in any liquid over five minutes it loses its potency and turns to creatinine. Take it right after you mix it, like with meals.
Yeah I've read that, too. But only from supplement companies trying to sell CEE and all that. Can you provide a link with a scientific study proving this? Not to say I don't believe it. But obviously, there are liquid creatines out there. I've used them with pretty good results, and they are in liquid for months before you fully use them. I'm only going to have the liquid for a max of 14 hours. Most likely less.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I've read that, too. But only from supplement companies trying to sell CEE and all that. Can you provide a link with a scientific study proving this? Not to say I don't believe it. But obviously, there are liquid creatines out there. I've used them with pretty good results, and they are in liquid for months before you fully use them. I'm only going to have the liquid for a max of 14 hours. Most likely less.
I don't have time to dig it up. It might be on pubmed or the ast website,I dont know.

Creatine mono is king. I've tried all the fancy stuff, cee, glucate(sp) .

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I don't have time to dig it up. It might be on pubmed or the ast website,I dont know.

Creatine mono is king. I've tried all the fancy stuff, cee, glucate(sp) .
yup. i'm hittin' up some creatine mono again soon. back to my beginnin' days.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I recommend 5g total of creatine mono/day. Muscles can only hold so much. Anyway after your workout fill a coffee mug half way with water heat in microwave for a minute. Then add 5g which will instantly dissolve. Then fill up the mug by adding grape juice or ice tea or something. Bingo bango oh and zero stomach issues.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recommend 5g total of creatine mono/day. Muscles can only hold so much. Anyway after your workout fill a coffee mug half way with water heat in microwave for a minute. Then add 5g which will instantly dissolve. Then fill up the mug by adding grape juice or ice tea or something. Bingo bango oh and zero stomach issues.
don't dose caffeine close too creatine.Caff dehydrates and and draws water from the body. Some contenders use it for drying out. Take caff in morning, piss it out, than creatine post-workout, if you prefer caffeine.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
i recommend for the first week take 25g every day as a kick start and then after that only 5-7g to maintain that level :)

Sion

Sion

Awards
I'm trying to figure out the best way to dissolve creatine. I used to just stick the powder in my mouth and then swallow it. Now I'm going to try to dissolve about 20 grams in a gallon with some sugar too and take that throughout the day. (I am following the plan as detailed by Ellington Darded, Ph.D.) But the problem for me, is before when I tried to take it in liquid I would mix it up and it would all just settle to the bottom. I would sometime stick it in boiling water until it dissolved and that works but I don't know if it does anything weird to the creatine. Can you guys help me out?
I take 5-10 grams of creatine mono in orange juice thirty minutes before training...i think it helps my training and the juice helps to absorve;)

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
don't dose caffeine close too creatine.Caff dehydrates and and draws water from the body. Some contenders use it for drying out. Take caff in morning, piss it out, than creatine post-workout, if you prefer caffeine.
Yeah I'm trying to cut out caffeine pretty much all together. i was drinking several sodas a day a while back. I'm down to about 3 or 4 a week now. i don't drink coffee and rarely eat chocolate. So I'm pretty good on that.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I'm not planning on taking the 20 grams the whole time I'm on it. Just for the loading phase. I'm actually somewhat following one of Ellington Darden's hit programs. So I'm just doing what it says in the book. Changed a little for my own needs. He recommends drinking a gallon of water throughout the day, mixed with 20 grams creatine, and sugar. I don't remember how much sugar. A pretty good amount though. I think about 400 calories worth. It says to do that for two weeks, then start just taking 5 grams everyday after that. What do you guys think about this plan?

Sion

Sion

Awards
I'm not planning on taking the 20 grams the whole time I'm on it. Just for the loading phase. I'm actually somewhat following one of Ellington Darden's hit programs. So I'm just doing what it says in the book. Changed a little for my own needs. He recommends drinking a gallon of water throughout the day, mixed with 20 grams creatine, and sugar. I don't remember how much sugar. A pretty good amount though. I think about 400 calories worth. It says to do that for two weeks, then start just taking 5 grams everyday after that. What do you guys think about this plan?
dont know about the 400 calories i dont know if you need that much but its a good plan;)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Warm water should do the trick. The breakdown to creatinine thing is BS. Yes it does happen, but it takes DAYS.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
So if I dissolve it in the hot water...when I make it cold again, will the creatine stay dissolved?

Last edited: