can icariin cause shutdown

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been thinking about the properties of icariin in mimicking testosterone...could this be suppressive?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking about the properties of icariin in mimicking testosterone...could this be suppressive?
no bro icarin rises test:
The testosterone mimetic properties of icariin
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
ZHANG Zhen-Bao ; YANG Qing-Tao ;
Résumé / Abstract
Aim: To evaluate the testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. Methods: Forty-eight healthy male Sprague-Dawley rats at the age of 15 months were randomly divided into four groups with 12 rats each: the control group (C), the model group (M), the icariin group (ICA) and the testosterone group (T). The reproductive system was damaged by cyclophosphamide (intraperitoneal injection, 20 mg/kg·day) for 5 consecutive days for groups M, ICA and T, at the sixth day, ICA (gastric gavage, 200 mg/kg·day) for the ICA group and sterandryl (subcutaneous injection, 5 mg/rat'day) for the T group for 7 consecutive days, respectively. The levels of serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), serum bone Gla-protein (BGP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in serum (StrACP) were determined. The histological changes of the testis and the penis were observed by microscope with hematoxylin-eosin (HE) staining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase biotin-dUTP-X nick end labeling (TUNEL), respectively. Results: (1) Icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating levels of testosterone. (2) Icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced the bone resorption. (3) Icarrin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells. Conclusion: Icariin has testosterone mimetic properties and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism.
Revue / Journal Title
Asian journal of andrology ISSN 1008-682X
Source / Source
2006, vol. 8, no5, pp. 601-605 [5 page(s) (article)]

but I understand your question cause I made it before:thumbsup:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
gracias mi amigo!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
no sir no shutdown. helps your natural

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no bro icarin rises test:
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
ZHANG Zhen-Bao ; YANG Qing-Tao ;
Résumé / Abstract
Aim: To evaluate the testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. Methods: Forty-eight healthy male Sprague-Dawley rats at the age of 15 months were randomly divided into four groups with 12 rats each: the control group (C), the model group (M), the icariin group (ICA) and the testosterone group (T). The reproductive system was damaged by cyclophosphamide (intraperitoneal injection, 20 mg/kg·day) for 5 consecutive days for groups M, ICA and T, at the sixth day, ICA (gastric gavage, 200 mg/kg·day) for the ICA group and sterandryl (subcutaneous injection, 5 mg/rat'day) for the T group for 7 consecutive days, respectively. The levels of serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), serum bone Gla-protein (BGP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in serum (StrACP) were determined. The histological changes of the testis and the penis were observed by microscope with hematoxylin-eosin (HE) staining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase biotin-dUTP-X nick end labeling (TUNEL), respectively. Results: (1) Icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating levels of testosterone. (2) Icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced the bone resorption. (3) Icarrin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells. Conclusion: Icariin has testosterone mimetic properties and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism.
Revue / Journal Title
Asian journal of andrology ISSN 1008-682X
Source / Source
2006, vol. 8, no5, pp. 601-605 [5 page(s) (article)]

but I understand your question cause I made it before:thumbsup:
great post! :goodpost: