Accutane

ams1

ams1

Awards
started it today. anybody have an experience with it? and im thinkin of making a soard of log to show how much my acne decreases and hopefully doesnt come back.
anybody interested?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I've been on Accutane before. It was administered by a doctor with routine bloodwork. Whether you are doing this yourself or with a doctor, I hope you are getting your blood checked regularly. Do not use gear or alcohol on Accutane (I'm sure some alcohol would be fine, but you might as well stay away altogether).

What to expect (from personal experience): you might not notice anything for a little bit, but the your skin will get extremely oily for a period of time, then it will get extremely dry and will peel like crazy. When you get to this point make sure you have plenty of lotion because it gets nasty.

Also, if you start to experience symptoms of depression, talk to a physician immediately. Don't do anything stupid.

HARU

Awards
I've been on it for 2 of the 6 months and even tho its early, my acne has cleared up a lot. My face hasn't dried out, but my lips are mega-chapped and the bottoms of my feet are peeling like crazy.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
started it today. anybody have an experience with it? and im thinkin of making a soard of log to show how much my acne decreases and hopefully doesnt come back.
anybody interested?
Amazing drug when administered with close follow up with a dermatologist who can follow your labs.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I took it as a teenager. I had horrid acne. I remember that it did dry me out bad enough that my nose would start bleeding for no reason while sitting in my classes in high school. I used plain petroleum jelly and swabbed it around the inside of my nose and it took care of that problem. Other than that...dry skin and chapped lips. And I've never had a bad acne problem since. Good Luck

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Horrible for your brain. Good to clear your skin up, I guess...

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
started this drug, prescribed by dermatologist, quickly got so dried out and dehydrated feeling, a little depression, very weak feeling, couldn't lift nearly as much as i could before the drug and every exercise or lift was exhaustive. quickly got off the drug and immediately felt a lot better. i would rather deal with a little acne than all the side effects i got from this...

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
started this drug, prescribed by dermatologist, quickly got so dried out and dehydrated feeling, a little depression, very weak feeling, couldn't lift nearly as much as i could before the drug and every exercise or lift was exhaustive. quickly got off the drug and immediately felt a lot better. i would rather deal with a little acne than all the side effects i got from this...
Yep.

Also even if you're on it and feel fine for now.. the damage is being done, this isn't heresay, sadly it's been well documented now. Stop asap.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I took it as a teenager. I had horrid acne. I remember that it did dry me out bad enough that my nose would start bleeding for no reason while sitting in my classes in high school. I used plain petroleum jelly and swabbed it around the inside of my nose and it took care of that problem. Other than that...dry skin and chapped lips. And I've never had a bad acne problem since. Good Luck
I was in the same boat as you, minus the nose bleeds. I would apply lotion to my face before school, then by 2nd period my face and lips would dry up and start flaking. It did a hell of a job knocking out my acne. I would get some horrid zits from football helmet and chin strap. My wife was also on it when she was in her teens. Same dry skin issue as everyone else.
The list of side-effects is just awful. Thank god I didn't experience the rectal bleeding :aargh:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Guess I was lucky...those were the only bad side effects I can remember.

Didn't know the side effects but gonna do a little research now, wondering if it caused any of my problems I have now.