Help with B-5 dosing for oily skin

GaryGGiraffe

GaryGGiraffe

Awards
Hey, so I have really oily skin and heard that megadosing vitamin B-5 could really help clear it up. Has anyone else used B-5 for this purpose? How much should I use daily? Is 2g daily too much?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I tried this for a few months and noticed no difference. Dosing usually starts high around 10 g a day for a few weeks, then taper down every few weeks by a few grams. e.g. 10, 10, 8, 7, 5, 5,...down to about 2 g a day I think.

If you've bought the bottles, you might as well give it a shot. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste your money. I did research on other's experiences and most users experienced the same as me...I just didn't want to believe them. :fool2:

GaryGGiraffe

GaryGGiraffe

Awards
Thanks man I appreciate the info. Probably won't waste the cash on it then.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what works,then? i have the same problem. even if i take a second shower in the evening, a couple hours later its bad again

DeathDealer

Awards
Is this only for bodybuilding, or can it pertain the adolescents as well?

I don't have a problem with acne, but my 13 year old son is starting puberty, and the acne monster is attacking him. I would like to help him out and was thinking of giving him some b-5, but I wasn't sure if it was advisable giving a megadose of b-5 to a teen.

JJC

Awards
  • Established

I don't have a problem with acne, but my 13 year old son is starting puberty, and the acne monster is attacking him. I would like to help him out and was thinking of giving him some b-5, but I wasn't sure if it was advisable giving a megadose of b-5 to a teen.
Like I said, I don't think B-5 has any real world evidence for working. I would take him to a dermatologist if he's already been using face washes containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide without seeing results.

GaryGGiraffe

GaryGGiraffe

Awards

Yeah I'm not sure if B-5 megadosing could cause issues for teens. But as the other poster said, a dermatologist will definitely help your son and you could ask him/her about the b-5 as well. When I was going through puberty, my dermatologist put me on an anti-biotic called Minocin which REALLY helped keep the acne at bay. And if that doesn't work, Accutane is usually the last resort. It's incredibly effective, but has some nasty sides. I was fortunate enough to respond well to the anti-biotics.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea all the cyclines: Doxy Tetra mino all work well,

dynacin (generic i believe) worked well for me at 100mg 2x perday