Inosine Colostrum - A "safe" "steroid"?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
They say the FDA is starting to look into this stuff which is basically baby's milk. Supposed to give you an appetite, is low fat, and is supposed to make you stronger.

Can come in liquid or pills.

Anybody tried this supplement for months? How did it work for you guys?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure the colostrum is from bovine, so it should be baby cows milk.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Makes sense... So it could be the same as the BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone)they pump into cows in the US nowadays (which reportedly makes the cows grow to massive size and produce a ton of milk.)

Because of this, the milk producers have to put BGH in the ingredients list if they pumped their cows full of the stuff because the chemicals Do get into the milk and into humans (Effects are ?? though.)

Hmm..
I am pretty sure the colostrum is from bovine, so it should be baby cows milk.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
An additional point to the post above...

Remember when Whey protein used to be thrown away as 'Waste' and 'Trash'?

We never now..we might see colostrum w/ some kind of delivery mechanism pretty soon named "MONSTER MIX" or some hyped up name like that.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Anybody tried this supplement for months? How did it work for you guys?
I've tried it, months supply came with a tub of protein I bought awhile back. It's not like a pre-workout supp where your going to notice a difference between one workout and the next, but the annecdotal research looks promising, I would continue to take it if I could find a cheap source.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
From Wikipedia:

Colostrum contains all five immunoglobulins found in all mammals, IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG and IgM. There are many beneficial proteins in the colostrum, including a variety of growth factors (IGfs).

Those immunoglobulins seem like a good selling point. The IGf things are debatable I guess.

I've tried it, months supply came with a tub of protein I bought awhile back. It's not like a pre-workout supp where your going to notice a difference between one workout and the next, but the annecdotal research looks promising, I would continue to take it if I could find a cheap source.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
We never now..we might see colostrum w/ some kind of delivery mechanism pretty soon named "MONSTER MIX" or some hyped up name like that.
methylated colostrum in the near future maybe?

(side question) do they even pump hormones into prego cows? lol

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Call it Cowbol or something lol.

I don't know about pumping them into prego cows but when that cow was born until it was milked dry and eaten as steak it's full of BGH. How to infuse all that BGH into humans without too much of a bad effect is the question.

Imagine the ***** tits if you inject yourself w/ BGH..Yeah, you'll be as big as a cow but your pecs will look like udders too :aargh:

methylated colostrum in the near future maybe?

(side question) do they even pump hormones into prego cows? lol

dafox

Awards
  • Established

I don't know about pumping them into prego cows but when that cow was born until it was milked dry and eaten as steak it's full of BGH. How to infuse all that BGH into humans without too much of a bad effect is the question.

Imagine the ***** tits if you inject yourself w/ BGH..Yeah, you'll be as big as a cow but your pecs will look like udders too :aargh:
AHAHAHA:goodpost: :toofunny:

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
i use colostrum as much as wpi, definatly absorbs quicker and you need less.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
mine from aust/new zealand. you have to buy bulk to get a good deal

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I looked into a vitamin shop awhile ago and it's pretty expensive, $35 for 90. Inositol is supposed to make it even better. Inositol can be found in a bunch of natural fat-burner type supplements.

mine from aust/new zealand. you have to buy bulk to get a good deal

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
very interested in this. You think a powdered form would be good???

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Probably would work, just make sure it's from "First Milking," meaning the very first milk that comes out of the udders for the baby cow. Poor baby cow...humans stealing its milk..but then again we give them BGH in return lol.

very interested in this. You think a powdered form would be good???

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This stuff is cheap via bulk powder....just tell Nutra that "it needs more Cowbol."

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
they have colostrum from now foods. not a bad price for a small amount. if they got it in bulk, it would definatly be worth it.

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
I realize this is off-topic/a tangent to the topic but it should be pointed out that most of what has been posted here about BGH is untrue and flows from propaganda spewed from the likes of PETA and the protectionist EU/Canada. Sorry for the digression, but if this isn't pointed out some f-tard will read this and take it as gospel truth.

Makes sense... So it could be the same as the BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone)they pump into cows in the US nowadays (which reportedly makes the cows grow to massive size and produce a ton of milk.)

Because of this, the milk producers have to put BGH in the ingredients list if they pumped their cows full of the stuff because the chemicals Do get into the milk and into humans (Effects are ?? though.)

Hmm..

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
mate from my experience with it I find it far superior to wpi, and lets face it, how much real scientific eveidence is there on supplements. its trial and error

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
if u dish out like $100 you can run ~25g per day for around 40 days, (this is what most of the scientific studies used for dosing, even up to 40g). Thinking about it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GH stak by nutrabolics ha new zealend colostrum in it!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I worked at a gym as a janitor in high school, just to be in the gym atmosphere.

A regular member put on some good size in a couple months, so I asked what he was doing differently. He moved closer, and said 'It's kind of gross, but...well, my wife just had our baby, and she pumps her milk. She has too much, so I've been drinking the extra. The first portion is colostrum, and I'm feeling GREAT and getting strong. So go knock some chick up. '

True story. All milk raised animals have colostrum.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Wow dude. THAT guys' hardcore! He has that Do Whatever It Takes attitude. And I'd bet anybody if anything that Human colostrum consumed by humans is even better than cow colostrum consumed by humans.

Do you guys ever wonder how a little newborn can clutch your finger harder than what seems possible? They don't have muscles, all they eat is milk from their mom's tit(s) too.

I worked at a gym as a janitor in high school, just to be in the gym atmosphere.

A regular member put on some good size in a couple months, so I asked what he was doing differently. He moved closer, and said 'It's kind of gross, but...well, my wife just had our baby, and she pumps her milk. She has too much, so I've been drinking the extra. The first portion is colostrum, and I'm feeling GREAT and getting strong. So go knock some chick up. '

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
HArdcore ****. Now just put in a classified ad asking for mother milk lol. Put that **** in your protein shakes and you will look like Ronnie no time.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've read that colostrum plays a big part in babies growth rates. I wouldn't be surprised if it were extremely effective for muscle growth, in sufficient quantities.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Without colostrum, babies will never reach their normal genetic potential. They'll literally be the runt of the litter in school. This is why doctors always recommend breast milk as long as possible.

Edit: Baby grip strengths are actually way higher when they're on breast milk. Once they stop they lose most of that strength and grip strength becomes normal. Grip strength btw is a genetic leftover to humans from monkeys. Baby monkeys had to have massive grip strength to cling to their mothers while their moms swing or climb from tree to tree.

I've read that colostrum plays a big part in babies growth rates. I wouldn't be surprised if it were extremely effective for muscle growth, in sufficient quantities.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Without colostrum, babies will never reach their normal genetic potential. They'll literally be the runt of the litter in school. This is why doctors always recommend breast milk as long as possible.
You guys think it has that it is potent enough to make someone grow at an increased testosterone rate?

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Bovine colostrum (BC) has been reported to enhance immune function, reduce fat accumulation and facilitate the movement of glucose to the muscle. However, very few attempts have been made to examine its anti-diabetic effects in diabetes patients. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether BC decreases blood glucose, as well as cholesterol, triglyceride (TG) and ketones levels, which can be elevated by obesity and stress in Type 2 diabetic patients. Sixteen patients (men=8, women=8) with Type 2 diabetes were randomized into the study. Each ingested 5 g of BC on an empty stomach every morning and night for 4 weeks. Blood glucose, ketones (beta-hydroxybutyric acid), total cholesterol and TGs were measured every week. In both the men and women, blood glucose levels at 2 and 8 h postprandial decreased continually during the experimental period. The rate of decrease in blood glucose at 8 h postprandial was not different between the men and women, but was higher in the women (14.25+/-2.66) than in the men (10.96+/-1.82%) at 2 h postprandial. Total cholesterol and TG levels decreased significantly in both the men and women after 4 weeks. Also, beta-hydroxybutyric acid level decreased with BC ingestion, but this was not significant. These results suggest that BC can decrease levels of blood glucose and ketones, as well as reduce cholesterol and TGs, all of which may cause complications in Type 2 diabetic patients.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Isn't colostrum what's in Protein Factory's Acne Eraser?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Isn't colostrum what's in Protein Factory's Acne Eraser?
bovine colostrum was hot in gnc's 5-6 years ago as an anti-aging cure all. if gnc couldn't peddle it either it was a crappy brand or it wasn't all that. i know they were recommending it for everything from sinusitis to migraines. yeah right.:toofunny:

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Lol, they might have gone overboard. Like what echinacea is today (cure-all.) I don't think it would hurt to supplement with it though. It does increase your immune system's resistance to everything, it doesn't CURE. That's a big difference. It's like comparing vitamins and tylenol.
bovine colostrum was hot in gnc's 5-6 years ago as an anti-aging cure all. if gnc couldn't peddle it either it was a crappy brand or it wasn't all that. i know they were recommending it for everything from sinusitis to migraines. yeah right.:toofunny:

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its costly.... I just bought 500grams for $55AU.. so Im gonna trial it at like 20 grams a day!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol, they might have gone overboard. Like what echinacea is today (cure-all.) I don't think it would hurt to supplement with it though. It does increase your immune system's resistance to everything, it doesn't CURE. That's a big difference. It's like comparing vitamins and tylenol.
i agree, i can't see it being a bad thing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is not a miracle standalone product by any means...it may help contribute slightly when everything else is in place.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1: Nutrition. 2007 Sep;23(9):647-56.Click here to read Links
Impact of differing protein sources and a creatine containing nutritional formula after 12 weeks of resistance training.
Kerksick CM, Rasmussen C, Lancaster S, Starks M, Smith P, Melton C, Greenwood M, Almada A, Kreider R.

Applied Biochemistry and Molecular Physiology Laboratory, Health and Exercise Science Department, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: We evaluated whether colostrum (Col) or an isocaloric and isonitrogenous blend of whey and casein in addition to creatine (Cr) affects body composition, muscular strength and endurance, and anaerobic performance during resistance training. METHODS: Forty-nine resistance-trained subjects participated in a standardized 12-wk total body resistance training program. In a double-blind and randomized manner, subjects supplemented their diet with a protein control (Pro), Pro/Col, Pro/Cr, or Col/Cr. Supplements were isocaloric and isonitrogenous and provided 60 g/d of casein/whey (Pro) or Col as the protein source. At 0, 8, and 12 wk of supplementation, subjects were weighed, had body composition determined using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), performed one-repetition maximum (1RM) and 80% of 1RM tests on the bench press and leg press, and 30-s anaerobic sprint capacity tests. Data (mean +/- SD) were analyzed by repeated measures analysis of variance and reported as raw data in all tables and as changes from baseline for all figures for the Pro, Pro/Col, Pro/Cr, and Col/Cr groups, respectively. RESULTS: Resistance training increased 1RM strength, muscular endurance, and anaerobic sprint capacity equally in all groups. Significant main and interaction effects (P < 0.05) were found for body mass, DXA total scanned mass, and fat-free mass (FFM; lean plus bone), whereas no changes (P > 0.05) were noted for fat mass, percent fat, or bone content. Post hoc analysis showed that, compared with Pro, subjects ingesting Pro/Col, Pro/Cr, and Col/Cr showed greater gains in body mass and DXA total scanned mass. Subjects ingesting Pro/Cr and Col/Cr had greater increases in FFM during training in comparison with Pro/Col. CONCLUSION: In conjunction with 12 wk of resistance training, ingestion of Col or a blend of whey and casein protein with a vitamin/mineral supplement containing Cr resulted in greater improvements in FFM in comparison with Pro and Pro/Col.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input dsade. I was curious about muscle milk cuz they said they tried to mimic actual mothers milk or "natures milk" so I foudn that is has colostrum in it. I am going to email cytosport and see if they can give me an exact amount and where it was extracted from because it says extracted colostrum.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input dsade. I was curious about muscle milk cuz they said they tried to mimic actual mothers milk or "natures milk" so I foudn that is has colostrum in it. I am going to email cytosport and see if they can give me an exact amount and where it was extracted from because it says extracted colostrum.
Most likely Bovine.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
so if I see a lil ol cow running around with about 4 body builders hanging off its udders I know why...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most likely Human.
Hey, if a restaraunt in Schweitz can do it...

VERMONT -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

In a statement Ben and Jerry's said, "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child."

http://www.wnbc.com/news/17539627/detail.html

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If humans really needed it then baby formula would have to have it or people who be growing up malnourished and undersized... Unless its in formula then I'm not even considering believing any of it