getting married, need help

shawnofdead

Awards
Hey guys, I'm 23 yr 6'2", 214 lb asian male.
I am getting married in 3 months, and need serious weight loss. I;m working in intel, and get no time to work out.

But now i am taking time off work and thinking of some serious weight loss routine. Wanted to get some input from experienced people here, that might help me achieve my goal.

I[m open to taking suppliments, so please help me. I'll invite you to my bachelor's party ... haha.

Brad2131

Awards
use the search function and look in the weight loss sections.

diet and exercise man.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
the title made me lol :)

but seriously, start up with some light weights and cardio if you havent already, steadily lower your caloric intake and if you want to use supplements I would start out by searching for RPN's DCP and Designer Supplements Lean Xtreme.

Good luck man, and congrats on getting married.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You don't need a supplement. You need a proper diet.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want quick... go Keto.

Check out the nutrition section... and the recipe section... both will be your friend.

Adams

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
if you want REALLY quick, go velocity. it sucks but it works.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
if you are going down the supplement route, be careful. Most weightloss products are 'stimulants'. They could raise your bood pressure, give you insomnia, jitters.

It would be a bad time to have these side-effects when the wife is already giving you all these , haha. :)

Drink plain water in place of sodas, and eat more fibre (veges, oatmeal) as they make you feel full for a longer period of time. :)

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you should though about this 6 months ago... in just 3 months there's little time to see any gains or losses in your case.. unless you go on the starvation diet

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
on a more serious note, you should plan to do some serious cardio to drop a few pounds, take some fat loss supplement as well but that alone will not help you to archive your goal.... run in the mornings before work make the sacrifice if you want to change your looks and good luck.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
your title made me lol too... at first i though you were gonna ask the folks here if you should get married or not :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your title made me lol too... at first i though you were gonna ask the folks here if you should get married or not :)
lol - so did I!

If you can't exercise then it will be an uphill battle for you.

Surely you can spare 30-40 minutes each day - try sleeping less!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
the bottom line is that there's no magic pill that will change your physic over night... or we all would be on it!

you need to have a clean diet, train hard, get some rest to recoup and then repeat

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm 23 yr 6'2", 214 lb asian male.
I am getting married in 3 months, and need serious weight loss. I;m working in intel, and get no time to work out.

But now i am taking time off work and thinking of some serious weight loss routine. Wanted to get some input from experienced people here, that might help me achieve my goal.

I[m open to taking suppliments, so please help me. I'll invite you to my bachelor's party ... haha.
Change your priorities.
Diet / Exercise

I understand being busy and working your butt off... but get up 20 mins early and go running every morning for 20 minutes. Then do pushups and sit ups a few times during the day. There is always time. you just have to prioritize yourself.
Plus building some muscle will make you leaner/ stronger/ and give you a lot of self confidence. Youll feel much better standing on that alter in 3 months.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I'll help you lose 150lbs. Ditch your fiance.j/k. Other than that DIET AND EXERCISE!!!!. And in three months all your gonna lose is about 10-15lbs. If that. But if you do stick with it, this time next year you could be looking good. And remember you will be married the rest of your life so If she really loves you she will help you and support you while you take this journey.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Change your priorities.
Diet / Exercise

I understand being busy and working your butt off... but get up 20 mins early and go running every morning for 20 minutes. Then do pushups and sit ups a few times during the day. There is always time. you just have to prioritize yourself.
Plus building some muscle will make you leaner/ stronger/ and give you a lot of self confidence. Youll feel much better standing on that alter in 3 months.
:thumbsup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If your body isn't ready to handle the load of things like running (especially on pavement), you're going to do much more damage than you are good. This is one of the main reasons that lifting light weight for a lot of reps has been suggested time and time again for people just starting to get into fitness.

At your weight you must avoid a treadmill or it will destroy your knees. If you do decide to run, have it be on grass. Otherwise, start a weight training plan that will give you light weight vs. increased reps and focus on getting your form proper before adding any extra weight.

Drink lots of water and tune your diet and you should be fine. When I was "big", in 3 months I lost over 30lbs.

shawnofdead

Awards
Wow, i never thought i'll get so many great replies. Thanks to everyone for your useful words, this has really given me a head start to set my priorities.

My gf got a link to this from a friend (if ur reading this stop spying... i wanted to keep this anonymous), and promised me a "a surprise you won;t forget", if i get 15-20 pounds off before D day. :afro:

cool, will give you guys update after 3 months. Enjoy.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Best advice I can give, RUN, change your name, "kill" yourself off and hide! j/k

Congrats mate.

Like all the other well informed posts above, your not going to change body form over night, and really its about priorities too.

i cant be a desk jocky myself.....

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
want a quick fix......keto(high protein/fat...nill carbs) take a good multivatamin with it. do 15-25 min of cardio 3-4 times a week. lift high reps 3-5 times a week and drink "plenny" of water and herbal tea. BTW..wheres the bachlor party at?..lol

tandemaxle

Awards
Clenbuterol, T3 Cytomel and Ketotifen Tablets.
stacked together.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
One thing to remember is that the faster the weight comes off, the less likely it is to have lasting results. So even if you could magically drop your body fat percentage from whatever it is now down to single digits in a month, chances are it wouldn't stick for long. A pound a week is considered fine progress for anyone.

Also, the one thing worth spending money on above all else when it comes to buying things to get in shape is a gym membership. A weight loss related supplement will generally run you between $25-50 for a month's supply, and for that same amount of money you could get a gym membership that will empower you to change your body 10x as much as some over glorified caffeine pill.

Don't let the scale fool you! Remind yourself (and your wife, since she promises reward) that muscle weighs much more than fat, and if you're eating well and working hard, you'll be putting on muscle that you might not even see for months.
I encourage you to eat heartily every time you are hungry, as long as you don't stuff yourself full and the food is very nutritious. Nothing keeps the fat burning like packing on muscle, and muscle needs food. Going hungry will only make you irritable, lethargic, weaker, and after a time will only make you lose the fat slower because you can mislead your metabolism into thinking it's in danger of starving, so it tries it's best to hang on to fat and can even break down its own muscles to use as 'spare parts' to make more fuel.

At first you could have a dr. or a trainer do it for accuracy's sake, but familiarize yourself with calipers if you want to keep track of body fat instead of going by the often deceptive weight scale.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Clenbuterol, T3 Cytomel and Ketotifen Tablets.
stacked together.
he's probably just kidding, but just in case, please disregard the advice of anyone suggesting these kinds of stacks, at this point they would only give moderate results at best and could possibly do you great harm.