ZMA; Aspartate Required?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As many of you know, a popular combinated of minerals is Zinc and Magnesium Aspartate with some Vitamin B6. I know I can buy all these on their own separately and for a bit cheaper, however the others are in the aspartate form. I know the aspartate form is absorbed well, but would Zinc Gluconate and say Magnesium Citrate be an acceptable replacement.

I`ve been curious, and wanted some opinions on this. I feel the form shouldn`t really matter, it`s the amount that gets absorbed of the element in the end.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
I've been wondering this too, so I hope someone has some input. I'd much rather buy some bulk powders than pay $10-$20 for the bottled equivalent.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Sorry to go off topic but has anyone else experienced some crazy diarrhea goin on when taking ZMA?

I just started taking it (Now Foods ZMA) 2 days ago, 3 pills a night before bed on an empty stomach which is the recommended dosage (3 = 1 serving).

Nothing else I've eaten or done in the past couple days really sticks out that would cause this.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
mag never worked for me. I cant say anything about the gluco form.

The Graduate

Awards
Shouldnt be an issue, just avoid oxide minerals as they are regarded to have the lowest BA of them all.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to go off topic but has anyone else experienced some crazy diarrhea goin on when taking ZMA?
LOL yes, I like mag taurate... more relaxing and easier on the pooper. I build my own ZMA with it.

iDShaDoW

Awards
I see. They claim that the ZMA stuff is more bioavailable or some such and goes directly to the bloodstream when taken on an empty stomach because they're chelated to amino's or some such.

Forget the exact explanation but if buying bulk zinc and magnesium works for you I might look into that to save some money.

I think I read elsewhere that lotta people get the diarrhea for a week or so when first starting so hopefully it'll ease up. Still waiting on results.

I do seem to go into a deeper sleep. No dreams yet though. Hoping the magnesium helps with my dry eyes too.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
buy zma
its a great product

wont work so much if you dont exercise to the max though

really helps keep the ballsacks full, and get a better sleep

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take it at night with no calcium other other foods
wait at least 30 minutes to eat something else
if u take it with food u lose the effects seriously

what happens is, some people may actually get the zinc and magneisum in their diets from foods. but the american diet is so screwed up that we cant absorb them correctly