Too many staples?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Too many staples?


    So I know I'm an addict. but I'm just wondering if this is too many staples:

    Multi - 2 MVP / 3 Orange Triad
    Whey - (Post WO only)
    Fish Oil - (0-15g - its in my mini fridge and i forget about it)

    BCAA/EAA - (during WO / late night if I wake up)
    AAKG powder (4g during WO)
    Poseidon (4g during WO)

    Taurine (4g x 2 - Pre and Post / more on DL day)
    Beta Alanine ( 3g x 2 - Pre and Post)
    Citrulline Malate (2g x 2 - P and P)
    GABA (1-2g x 2 - P and P)

    ZMK ( 3 nightly / 4 on lower body days)
    Glutamine ( +10g nightly)
    Valerian Root (2 nightly)
    Relora ( 1x2 wake up and bedtime)
    Theanine ( 1x2 wake up and nightly)

    Been doing most of this for about 9 months now. I stopped AP and pSlin because I felt them lose their effectiveness. I'd appreciate any input thanks!


  2. Looks solid to me... everything has its place, and is of the most basic. Get some Reverse in there

    You should be feeling pretty healthy on that, do you not?

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  3. Sweet, quick reply! Whats reverse? Yea I always feel really good, I rarely get sick too. I'm mostly into recovery supps because I have a habit of over training. Over the last year I've incorporated different types of training so I don't overdue it in the gym.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    Sweet, quick reply! Whats reverse? Yea I always feel really good, I rarely get sick too. I'm mostly into recovery supps because I have a habit of over training. Over the last year I've incorporated different types of training so I don't overdue it in the gym.
    Reverse is Acytelated Resveratrol. So a super antioxidant anti aging supplement. You can read about it in the IBE sub forum. Lots of great benefits. The only Acytelated (sp?) version out to get past the pesky bad bio-availability aspect of Resveratrol.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Reverse is Acytelated Resveratrol. So a super antioxidant anti aging supplement. You can read about it in the IBE sub forum. Lots of great benefits. The only Acytelated (sp?) version out to get past the pesky bad bio-availability aspect of Resveratrol.

    Adams
    I'll have to check that out!
    •   
       


  6. Are they noticeably helping you? I don't really like the idea of staple supplements. I know tons and tons and tons of guys who have gotten friggin HUGE without taking any sort of supplement. I like to think my money can be better spent elsewhere.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Are they noticeably helping you? I don't really like the idea of staple supplements. I know tons and tons and tons of guys who have gotten friggin HUGE without taking any sort of supplement. I like to think my money can be better spent elsewhere.

    Yea they are helping, if you want I can go into each one. This has been an accumulation of supplements over the years, I'm 29 y/o now. I've been getting into supps in the last 4-5 years. My intent is not to get 'huge' just be surprisingly strong for my size and fast. It wouldn't help me being a 200lb rock climber

    Plus I have a very decent yearly cash incentive from a health care plan to stay close to my BMI and sitting at 175 I'm kind of too heavy to receive the full incentive. So now I have to incorporate a slight cut at least once a year now to take advantage of it.

  8. I wonder the same thing sometimes, most of your stuff seems pretty good. Your not alone though, heres some of my 'staples':

    Vitamin C
    Fish oil
    HawthorneBerry
    CelerySeed,
    Melatonin,
    Zinc,
    CoQ10
    beta sitosterol
    Ax perfect cycle(Nac,rala, milk thistle)
    NOW Acidophilus & Bifidus(or gut health when its onsale)
    Multivitamin
    Psyllium Husk

    I work alot of OT to pay for my habit

    Not to mention all the other stuff
    PHF Rep


  9. Look into a new product coming out soon called "Essentials"... should take the quantity of your supps down a little.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    So I know I'm an addict. but I'm just wondering if this is too many staples:

    Multi - 2 MVP / 3 Orange Triad
    Whey - (Post WO only)
    Fish Oil - (0-15g - its in my mini fridge and i forget about it)

    BCAA/EAA - (during WO / late night if I wake up)
    AAKG powder (4g during WO)
    Poseidon (4g during WO)

    Taurine (4g x 2 - Pre and Post / more on DL day)
    Beta Alanine ( 3g x 2 - Pre and Post)
    Citrulline Malate (2g x 2 - P and P)
    GABA (1-2g x 2 - P and P)

    ZMK ( 3 nightly / 4 on lower body days)
    Glutamine ( +10g nightly)
    Valerian Root (2 nightly)
    Relora ( 1x2 wake up and bedtime)
    Theanine ( 1x2 wake up and nightly)

    Been doing most of this for about 9 months now. I stopped AP and pSlin because I felt them lose their effectiveness. I'd appreciate any input thanks!

    The first step is admitting there is a problem. lol

    Yes I am an addict as well....... Its least now i "cop" all legal like.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    Multi - 2 MVP / 3 Orange Triad
    Whey - (Post WO only)
    Fish Oil - (0-15g - its in my mini fridge and i forget about it)

    BCAA/EAA - (during WO / late night if I wake up)
    AAKG powder (4g during WO)
    Poseidon (4g during WO)

    Taurine (4g x 2 - Pre and Post / more on DL day)
    Beta Alanine ( 3g x 2 - Pre and Post)
    Citrulline Malate (2g x 2 - P and P)
    GABA (1-2g x 2 - P and P)

    ZMK ( 3 nightly / 4 on lower body days)
    Glutamine ( +10g nightly)
    Valerian Root (2 nightly)
    Relora ( 1x2 wake up and bedtime)
    Theanine ( 1x2 wake up and nightly)
    now if they would just put all that into a single pill i could take once per day i'd be set.

  12. Ive used a large array of supps and once had over 60-80 bottles unopened or in use. Consider a healthy human needs balance.

    Balance of macros and acid/alkalyn food items. Its very toxic to eat/ingest all that, your body has to break down filter process and absorb/store it.

    You were made the way your were intended... perfect.

    I think to add a little something somthing is good and ensuring your getting adequate nutrition is always important.
    But really did you post his because you wanted to brag or are your seriously thinking that is what your human body needs/wants? Im not flaming here but honestly you need fruit veggies grains meat water and minerals..... This is a marketed world willing to push anything on anyone who will pay and there are some great supps out there that produce the expected result. "Supplementing" refers to filling in the gaps of a solid base or adding in, not in my mind anywhere near to the extent you have taken it.

    I suspect such a lifestyle likens buying a car tuning it filling it with performance fluids and lubricants and driving it really really hard. Only you switch out burnt out parts when somthing goes and it always does.

    Despite the "scientific studies" your body was never intended to ingest those things esp in those amounts/dosages. If you were meant to have it it would be in your food in those dosages. I believe our foods nutritional values diminished some due to mass production fertilizers and hormone fed animals and chemical filled water.

    For me to justify that type of expense/risk you wold have to gain muscle and strength at an astonishing unrelenting rate. You have probably developed a psycological and physical dependance on some supplements and any attempts to limit usage or missing a dose could have detrimental affects to the outcome of your workout potentially, this would only serve to make you think you "need" them and i would argue you dont.

    You might have reached a point in training where its become slightly mundane at times and a "new" supp makes you exited to get the pump and push the limits just like the last one did.

    Sure you could use all those supps but consider what happens to your sewer if you flushed all your garbage down the toilet.... it would be fine for along time but eventually and inevitably you will encounter costly problems, i mean this in a figurative and realistic sense. Its also very likely in reality you do have very expensive poop. All the best and GL. SWG

    Fixed!
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 09-15-2008 at 04:26 PM.

  13. while that is a lot of staples on paper, you'd be better off sticking with all of those well thought out staples than trying every new hype supplement and getting little to nothing out of them (hell even with all those staples, they are all reasonably priced in bulk, so your likely not even spending as much as the guy who tries 2+ new hyped up supps each month).

    The way I figure you've got your supplement regimen figured out very well.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Ive used a large array of supps and once had over 60-80 bottles unopened or in use. Consider a healthy human needs balance. Balance of macros and acid/alkalyn food items. Its very toxic to eat/ingest all that, your body has to break down filter process and absorb/store it. You were made the way your were intended... perfect. I think to add a little something somthing is good and ensuring your getting adequate nutrition is always important. But really did you post his because you wanted to brag or are your seriously thinking that is what your human body needs/wants? Im not flaming here but honestly you need fruit veggies grains meat water and minerals..... This is a marketed world willing to push anything on anyone who will pay and there are some great supps out there that produce the expected result. "Supplementing" refers to filling in the gaps of a solid base or adding in, not in my mind anywhere near to the extent you have taken it. I suspect such a lifestyle likens buying a car tuning it filling it with performance fluids and lubricants and driving it really really hard. Only you switch out burnt out parts when somthing goes and it always does. Despite the "scientific studies" your body was never intended to ingest those things esp in those amounts/dosages. If you were meant to have it it would be in your food in those dosages. I believe our foods nutritional values diminished some due to mass production fertilizers and hormone fed animals and chemical filled water. For me to justify that type of expense/risk you wold have to gain muscle and strength at an astonishing unrelenting rate. You have probably developed a psycological and physical dependance on some supplements and any attempts to limit usage or missing a dose could have detrimental affects to the outcome of your workout potentially, this would only serve to make you think you "need" them and i would argue you dont. You might have reached a point in training where its become slightly mundane at times and a "new" supp makes you exited to get the pump and push the limits just like the last one did. Sure you could use all those supps but consider what happens to your sewer if you flushed all your garbage down the toilet.... it would be fine for along time but eventually and inevitably you will encounter costly problems, i mean this in a figurative and realistic sense. Its also very likely in reality you do have very expensive poop. All the best and GL. SWG

    damn bro........I will rep if you use the ENTER key more often.

  15. Sorry but I don't brag, and I know your not flaming.

    The reason I posted was because I didn't take everything home with me when I visited my family last month, and when I came back I said ok time to get back on schedule. I looked at some stuf and I was like, "hmm, I forgot the dosing requirements of this and the timing of that."

    I realize I got carried away with supplements after I had a leg injury and was looking for anything to help me make up for lost time. Luckily my gf talked me out of using m1t.

    I've justified my use of supplements by explaining that I have no other vices, drinking, smoking, or illegal drugs. But I certainly have an addiction to NP sales, especially the 4th of July sale. I said that was going to be my last excessive supplement purchase. I've already broken that little promise to myself with the USP release of PRIME. I just had to see what the special gift was....

    Anyway all this is going to come to an end when I graduate this year and have to start working all day. At least then I'll be able to do what I really want to do on the weekends: rock climbing, skiiing, and all sorts of other stuff.

    Thanks for all the replies!!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    So I know I'm an addict. but I'm just wondering if this is too many staples:

    Multi - 2 MVP / 3 Orange Triad
    Whey - (Post WO only)
    Fish Oil - (0-15g - its in my mini fridge and i forget about it)

    BCAA/EAA - (during WO / late night if I wake up)
    AAKG powder (4g during WO)
    Poseidon (4g during WO)

    Taurine (4g x 2 - Pre and Post / more on DL day)
    Beta Alanine ( 3g x 2 - Pre and Post)
    Citrulline Malate (2g x 2 - P and P)
    GABA (1-2g x 2 - P and P)

    ZMK ( 3 nightly / 4 on lower body days)
    Glutamine ( +10g nightly)
    Valerian Root (2 nightly)
    Relora ( 1x2 wake up and bedtime)
    Theanine ( 1x2 wake up and nightly)

    Been doing most of this for about 9 months now. I stopped AP and pSlin because I felt them lose their effectiveness. I'd appreciate any input thanks!
    Well I don't think that you need more than one multi, why do you take two? Also, I think you could ditch the taurine, GABA and Glutamine without any detriment. The rest seems like good stuff. Arginine IMO isn't really worth it, but if you like it you like it.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by lector606 View Post
    Well I don't think that you need more than one multi, why do you take two? Also, I think you could ditch the taurine, GABA and Glutamine without any detriment. The rest seems like good stuff. Arginine IMO isn't really worth it, but if you like it you like it.
    1/2 dose of each multi, mostly to help hedge the cost of MVP. Taurine is for my LB pumps and glutamine works very well for me. GABA, relora, theanine, and valerian root are all for stress/anxiety. AAKG is my fun supplement, I get super pumped when I work my upper body. Most of this is bulk from NP or are NOW products from NP, which are inexpensive.

  18. We are coming very near that. Some Reverse and some of our new ESSENTIALS.

    Micronized Creatine Monohydrate 5 grams per day
    Multi Vit
    BCAAs 7 grams per day
    Beta Alanine 3.2 grams per day
    Digestive aids
    Joint Support 2100 mg Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondrotin Sulfate

    Flexability Support 2500 mg Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) Bromelain, CetylMyristoleate (CMO 20%), Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) Turmeric Root P.E. 95% Hyaluronic Acid

    Naringin
    Bioperine
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    damn bro........I will rep if you use the ENTER key more often.
    LOL. Yeah, I skipped right over that post. What a cluster****.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    Sorry but I don't brag, and I know your not flaming.

    The reason I posted was because I didn't take everything home with me when I visited my family last month, and when I came back I said ok time to get back on schedule. I looked at some stuf and I was like, "hmm, I forgot the dosing requirements of this and the timing of that."

    I realize I got carried away with supplements after I had a leg injury and was looking for anything to help me make up for lost time. Luckily my gf talked me out of using m1t.

    I've justified my use of supplements by explaining that I have no other vices, drinking, smoking, or illegal drugs. But I certainly have an addiction to NP sales, especially the 4th of July sale. I said that was going to be my last excessive supplement purchase. I've already broken that little promise to myself with the USP release of PRIME. I just had to see what the special gift was....

    Anyway all this is going to come to an end when I graduate this year and have to start working all day. At least then I'll be able to do what I really want to do on the weekends: rock climbing, skiiing, and all sorts of other stuff.

    Thanks for all the replies!!
    M1t is heavy on sides, not worth your health IMO, good decision! I think you've got a good thing going the way you've subjectively looked at the situation and questioned it. Its smart to re-evaluate, and with the market the way it is its tough to stay a minimalist when bombarded with stimuli telling you to "buy this", "dont miss out!" and "this is what you've been waiting for". It will never end.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    LOL. Yeah, I skipped right over that post. What a cluster****.
    Well i dont want to take half the page up to enter my opinion, ever read a book?

    maybe next time ill just use colorful animations and expletives. Its remarkable that i can make a post that was atleast an honest attept to adress a question and people come along and contribute "i dont like the spacing on your post."

    I guess the thing to do was to say **** yeah eat everything and long posts are gay and im buff and everyone else is beneath me and my manly muscles, pffft thinking is gay!
    Lets completely miss the message and find somthing to bich about.

    Instead of offering a counter argument for the production of the board you just find something obvious to pick at because its not worth your time to read the posts and to ignrantly discount its value bc isnt perty to look at. Ive got a muscly avatar and that means i dont have to do anything on here i mean im just here to stroke my ego and find somthing to complain about! If i had said fck yeah bro go hard or go home then noone would complain! :chick:ose:
    Eye liek juise

    I eat lots. LOL

  22. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Eye liek juise

    I eat lots. LOL


  23. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Well i dont want to take half the page up to enter my opinion, ever read a book?

    maybe next time ill just use colorful animations and expletives. Its remarkable that i can make a post that was atleast an honest attept to adress a question and people come along and contribute "i dont like the spacing on your post."

    I guess the thing to do was to say **** yeah eat everything and long posts are gay and im buff and everyone else is beneath me and my manly muscles, pffft thinking is gay!
    Lets completely miss the message and find somthing to bich about.

    Instead of offering a counter argument for the production of the board you just find something obvious to pick at because its not worth your time to read the posts and to ignrantly discount its value bc isnt perty to look at. Ive got a muscly avatar and that means i dont have to do anything on here i mean im just here to stroke my ego and find somthing to complain about! If i had said fck yeah bro go hard or go home then noone would complain! :chick:ose:
    Eye liek juise

    I eat lots. LOL
    much better, you get reps......... smile bro its all good.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Well i dont want to take half the page up to enter my opinion, ever read a book?

    maybe next time ill just use colorful animations and expletives. Its remarkable that i can make a post that was atleast an honest attept to adress a question and people come along and contribute "i dont like the spacing on your post."

    I guess the thing to do was to say **** yeah eat everything and long posts are gay and im buff and everyone else is beneath me and my manly muscles, pffft thinking is gay!
    Lets completely miss the message and find somthing to bich about.

    Instead of offering a counter argument for the production of the board you just find something obvious to pick at because its not worth your time to read the posts and to ignrantly discount its value bc isnt perty to look at. Ive got a muscly avatar and that means i dont have to do anything on here i mean im just here to stroke my ego and find somthing to complain about! If i had said fck yeah bro go hard or go home then noone would complain! :chick:ose:
    Eye liek juise

    I eat lots. LOL
    See, that wasn't so hard, was it? I could actually read that one.

    Now relax, bro. Nobody's attacking you. It's just hard to read that **** when it's all blocked up like that. I still haven't read it. No offense, it's just hard on the eyes.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    See, that wasn't so hard, was it? I could actually read that one.

    Now relax, bro. Nobody's attacking you. It's just hard to read that **** when it's all blocked up like that. I still haven't read it. No offense, it's just hard on the eyes.
    I apreciate your tasteful response to my rant. I will use better spacing from now on if i hope my posts to be read, honestly.

    I hope you guys are having a great day!!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I apreciate your tasteful response to my rant. I will use better spacing from now on if i hope my posts to be read, honestly.

    I hope you guys are having a great day!!
    Cheers, bro.

  27. SWG probably has one of the awesome 24 inch wide screen lcd monitors, where the letters are nice and big, I bet he forgets about us folk with 17-19 inch monitors reading scrunched up sentences.

    just messin with ya

    PHF Rep


  28. Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    SWG probably has one of the awesome 24 inch wide screen lcd monitors, where the letters are nice and big, I bet he forgets about us folk with 17-19 inch monitors reading scrunched up sentences.
    I've got a 37" monitor at home... Maybe I'll try to read that post when I get home from work.

  29. My staples (Four Pillars):

    1. Animal Pak
    2. Animal Flex
    3. Animal Omega
    4. Uni-Liver

  30. Bro, the staples you need are this:
    Creatine
    ZMA
    Protein
    BCAA
    Crack-Cocaine
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Your supplement staples?
    By BigBlackGuy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
  2. Staples
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
  3. These supps as staples?
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 10:20 PM
  4. What are your Staples?
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 07:56 PM
  5. $100 - What staples to get?
    By msucurt in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Log in
Log in