First time poster. Need help with basic supp. stack

MADMACH

Awards
**** For the long-story short version scroll down some ****

I have been a member on this website for some time, but this is my first posts asking for advice/direction.

I recently began working out with a few friends at my college gym(its free and has everything i should need) and I am ready to take working out serious for once.

Im 21, weight about 195-205, have a bit of a beer belly(its college :p) and stand about 6'2" maybe 6'3" on a good day.

I have been working out for about 2 years on and off, but this semester we have begun working out 5 days a week, usually only 2 body parts per day.

Usually:
Chest + Biceps
Shoulders + legs
Back + tri's
Biceps + forearms
Heavy on chest

Rest over the weekend, and repeat. Of course changing up the exercises from week to week for each day of target areas.

Diet: i tend to eat as healthy as possible. i frequent sushi, stay away from burgers for the most part, and sub fries for salads. Im forced to eat on the go with all the school work, so i have to make due with fast food, or local places. For instance if i get a sub, its on wheat bread, mustard,no mayo, no bacon. Just Turkey cheese, and spices. My girlfriend and I also cook meals which all have "healthier" ingredients.

Anyways, I have been researching through the forums to find a nice strength gain supplement, and perhaps a weight-loss supp.

One thread said that, Epistane was a good beginners pro-anabolic product. I guess its good to try since it is supposed to prevent+ maybe eliminate gyno. Reducing gyno would be important to me as i have accumulated some over the years and the muscle seems to just "build up" under it, instead of reduce it.

Also, gathering what i could from the forums, stacking that with either Recreate or Reloaded. I have seen good reviews on both, so i may just pick the one which is on special at the time.

A good whey protein for meal replacement + post workout meals will be purchased also.

So would it be wise to stack Epistane + recreate/reloaded + whey protein shakes for meal rep/post workout shakes? To add to this, if i do take epistane how should I take them, the whole "pulse" thing is a little confusing when it comes to; when to take the pills + how many per day. I see 20/30/30/40 yet i dont understand how to relate that to pill form.

I understand that i will have to incorporate cardio into my routine, im thinking 2- 3 days in the mourning before my nightly workout routine. Yet, more importantly, im looking to shed weight, loose the gut and moobs, and generally start to feel healthier.

Im not going to say i want to get shredded in 3 months, i just want to add on some muscle + strength, all while loosing un-needed fat. Also i understand that diet plays a HUGE, if not the most important role in exercise. I may try the 5-6 smaller meals/day if i can work around my schedule.

If anyone is willing to suggest anything, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking time to read through all my BS:type:.

-MADMACH
:cheers:

*** Long-story short***
Should i stack Epistane + Recreate or Reloaded + whey protein(for meal replacements and post w/o)?

How should I take the Epistane, I dont understand the whole pulse thing. I know the reason behind pulsing, to prevent side-effects after the cycle, but not sure on the dosage.

21 yrs old, 6'2", 195- 205, have a little moobage and beer belly.

GOAL:
Trying to lose the gut and moobs, add on some strenght + muscle

W/O:
5 days a week,
diet is health as i can(busy schedule)

:cheers:

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
Seems like you are off to a decent start. Hopefully thats salads subbed for frys.

Neoborns FAQ about Epistane, excellent write up, includes what you need to know about dosing, pulsing, and PCT. For future reference you will get more info on Epi in the Steroid Forum. Research a bit more before you make your decisions. Good luck bro :dance:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/77359-neoborn-s-epistane.html

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, your not ready to get into this kind of supplementation. You have months and months of improving your diet and perfecting you routine before you start something like epistane, and then maybe you will find you don't even need to get involved with drugs of this nature.

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
For supps I would just stick to a soild multi, creatine and protein. To get what you want is going to come through soild training, diet, cardio, and most importantly time.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Wow, your not ready to get into this kind of supplementation. You have months and months of improving your diet and perfecting you routine before you start something like epistane, and then maybe you will find you don't even need to get involved with drugs of this nature.
Listen to this. unless you also want a bigger Bra don't take epistane right now. Change your diet and give it time. Don't go looking for a magic pill it ain't out there.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i have a thread for you...give me a couple minutes to find it. Epistane where you are...no no

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
6'3" and 205, you need to get your diet in order. doesn't matter if you do epi, test, SD or anything else; if your diet is off you won't be able to maintain anything you gain. post your diet.

MADMACH

Awards
wow, great response's so far. Everyone has good advice, brief or not, it is all helpful.

I think i will lay off the epistane, like most of you recommend. Perhaps even forget about reload or recreate.

I think that the best thing is to train for at least another month, and gather myself at that point. Then i will be able to determine which supplements i may need.

Texas Lifter and Tony smiles , thanks for going out of you way to provide links. I have decided as of this point now to just try and improve my diet dramatically + workout everyday. I will purchase some decent whey protein, probably from nutraplanet, here in the near future to use as a meal-replacement and post W/O drink.

Thanks again, i may update the thread as the weeks go by.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Alright here is what i would recommend and its along the lines of the path you want to go...

1) Start out focusing on diet before even thinking about your workout routines or supplements. Try and get complex carbs, EFA's, and protein around a 40-40-20 split ratio. this means if you are taking in 3000 cals you macro #'s would be: 300G carbs, 300G Protein, 75G fats. Try and get all your sources from whole foods, then use whey for the rest. Try to use it minimally as absorption isnt as good as whole food protein.

2.) As for supplements right now all you will need is a protein and a creatine if desired. Go with a CM with lets say banaba extract to help with transport and help extend a somewhat "pump"

3.) then start focusing on training. My favorites for mass has been either 20 rep sets, all core lifts and also running supersets (ex: back/chest, tricep/bicep, quad/hamstrings , ect.)

These are the basic...any other please PM me

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what where here for... don't get discouraged, evey day there is some new guy we try and set on the right path, some listen some don't but we try. Props for listening... humility is a very big tool in improving yourself and your physique remember that.

Humility does the following a) enables you to take instruction from those who have more experience and yes even sometimes from those who don't, you never stop learning humility allows perpetual intake of knowledge at as steady pace.
b) It prevents you from overdoing the weights thus avoiding injury and encourages proper technique where it ties in with a..
c) Stops you from looking for the magic pill and put your faith in a and b. You learn to rely on diet and what you have learned.

Remember it's a fool who thinks himself a wise man and a wise man who knows he's a fool. Hek I'm stiill learning... well when I take my head out of my ass I do...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
That's what where here for... don't get discouraged, evey day there is some new guy we try and set on the right path, some listen some don't but we try. Props for listening... humility is a very big tool in improving yourself and your physique remember that.

Humility does the following a) enables you to take instruction from those who have more experience and yes even sometimes from those who don't, you never stop learning humility allows perpetual intake of knowledge at as steady pace.
b) It prevents you from overdoing the weights thus avoiding injury and encourages proper technique where it ties in with a..
c) Stops you from looking for the magic pill and put your faith in a and b. You learn to rely on diet and what you have learned.

Remember it's a fool who thinks himself a wise man and a wise man who knows he's a fool. Hek I'm stiill learning... well when I take my head out of my ass I do...
bolded is the key :D :afro:

MADMACH

Awards
haha, ok. well im about to go grocery shopping next week so ill focus on a lower carb + high protein diet with a small about of healthy fats.

I know diet is probably the sole most important part in any goal, whether it may be weight-loss or build muscle. This is what i need to focus on most. Its hard being in college with all the party nights and unhealthy pizza and wings laying around. I do think that i have a pretty strong will power, and it should be able to steer me away from those types of garbage foods.

The hardest part is the 2 guys i work out with are very helpful and patient in regards to allowing me to do the weight im capable of, however already being in fairly decent shape, they just eat pretty much what i have to stay away from.

Next week i will begin a regular routine for diet. Perhaps some eggs in the mourning and a little toast.

small granola bar for a snack before lunch

turkey/cheese or chicken/cheese sandwich, wheat bread -no mayo of course.

some yogurt between lunch and dinner

chicken breast for dinner, maybe a chicken salad(going light on the dressing. Probably oil/vinegar)

then ill W/O, followed by a protein shake.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Far from enough calories in what you posted du. You should be aiming for 3500 at least. And about the fats, you want LOTS of healthy fats, not a small amount as you mentioned.

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
wow, great response's so far. Everyone has good advice, brief or not, it is all helpful.

I think i will lay off the epistane, like most of you recommend. Perhaps even forget about reload or recreate.

I think that the best thing is to train for at least another month, and gather myself at that point. Then i will be able to determine which supplements i may need.

Texas Lifter and Tony smiles , thanks for going out of you way to provide links. I have decided as of this point now to just try and improve my diet dramatically + workout everyday. I will purchase some decent whey protein, probably from nutraplanet, here in the near future to use as a meal-replacement and post W/O drink.

Thanks again, i may update the thread as the weeks go by.
No prob bro. Your post wasn't at all a complete train wreck like some others we've seen. You've gotten some good advice and at least know how to get started and where to look for info. I dropped that Epistane link cuz you are 21 and most folks are gonna do it no matter what we say, so I figured after reading that, you'd be more educated and know what you're getting into. Good luck

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established

MADMACH

Awards
wontdie thanks for the links.

Im in the process of keeping my diet in check as best as i can for now. Im looking forward to working out all next week again. This is the first time i have been excited to workout vs previous attempts.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Buddy what your eating you should be getting plenty of calories, healthy fats, from the shushi. But it wouldnt hurt if you wanted to get more from a good fishoil. Find a good fish oil, not one of the big tubs of fish oil for 5 dollars. ha. From one of the fellas that recommended a good creatine, i would actually recommend Trac from mhp. Its a real old product but works. Even though it has mono in it because of the combo in it you shouldnt gain weight off of it. Should gain a lean mass.