creatine/urination

j4ever

Awards
Why is that sometimes after i take my creatine i urinate every 45 minutes - hour four 4-5 hours? Is it because muscles are saturated and cannot hold anymore water?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I remember when I first started taking creatine in highschool I'd have to pee between each class, now that I've taken it on and off for yrs it doesn't have that affect on me anymore.

Good question though, I'd be interested as to why it makes people urinate so much.

j4ever

Awards
water intake? are you saying taking in to much or not enough?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I don't think the creatine itself will cause you to urinate more, but I assume since starting the creatine you have upped your water intake, this is likely the cause.

j4ever

Awards
i usually drink a gallon a day or little more but usually 1 time a week after i take creatine i start urinating after about 30-40 minutes and like i said it goes for 4-5 hours.

blah3d

Awards
Make sure you drink alot of water I've heard. That if you are taking the powder and if you don't drink enough. You could end up screaming while peein lol I dunno though.

---

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Most people tend to drink more water when they use creatine

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i pee every few hours. At work i pee every hour, but i drink loads of water while i'm working. I'm currently taking 20g of creatine mono throughout the day and have been seeing some great results. My muscles are so full!!:dance:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I drink about a gallon to a gallon and a half a day sometimes two. I usually drink till my pee is clear and doesn't smell. You have to drink plenty of water on creatine. It sucks it out of your system and puts it in your muscles. That is why I drink a little extra when I take it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I drink about a gallon to a gallon and a half a day sometimes two. I usually drink till my pee is clear and doesn't smell. You have to drink plenty of water on creatine. It sucks it out of your system and puts it in your muscles. That is why I drink a little extra when I take it.
Its a good way to tell if your getting enough water in my opinion, keeping your pee clear all day long :)

jay28

Awards
Your urinating a lot because your not drinking enough water. Your Kidneys are working over time trying to flush out the unabsorbed creatine. If you drank more, the creatine would be diluted and absorbed into you your body. If you carry on like this you will get pain in your kidney, then your pee will start to burn. Dont ask me why it just happened to me.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
well since you increased you water intake its only normal to wizz more