has anyone tried biotest Rhodiola?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
its like 18% concentrate,,,any feedback on that stuff?

i thought Ameriden's Rosavin was the best quality.

thanks in advance.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Higher potency sucks ass, gave me migraines.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the honest feedback guys, much appreciated

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with Biotest's stuff.

Their protein is some of the best tasting out there.

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
Agreed, Biotest is not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

I agree that their advertising is a bit of over the top, and some of their products are way overpriced. However, a lot of their products are top notch, and compared to some of the other companies products, are not priced too badly.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Why do you say?

-Pp
because their ridiculous pricing as well as the BS on T Nation, some of the worst info out there IMO

clearly, the OP could just buy some bulk rhodiola, or the NOW brand if they have some, for a far more reasonable price.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah really if you do the math...why bother... I think Now's is like 3-4% but there are 500mg/cap VS. 100mg/cap for biotest... Why bother paying twice as much for equal actives?

makes no sense

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Yeah really if you do the math...why bother... I think Now's is like 3-4% but there are 500mg/cap VS. 100mg/cap for biotest... Why bother paying twice as much for equal actives?

makes no sense
exactly, thx for backing my point.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, Biotest is not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

I agree that their advertising is a bit of over the top, and some of their products are way overpriced. However, a lot of their products are top notch, and compared to some of the other companies products, are not priced too badly.
i agree to some degree. i think the tactics they use are far to over the top, as some other companies, so i just stay away from them and dont even bother. they do seem to have high quality when it comes to meeting label claims but i find they are WAY overpriced on almost all of their item. i could make a product similar to theirs for 1/2 the price and twice the cycle length.

as far as RR is concerned, i see no reason for a really high potency if you are looking for a singled-out RR product by itself. 3-4% works fine for almost all users with the normal recommended dose but be careful because to much RR will had some ill-effects. most notable side is sleepiness, headaches, and a general sense of not feeling 100%. if you just want to try RR by itself, try NOW RR caps.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

as far as RR is concerned, i see no reason for a really high potency if you are looking for a singled-out RR product by itself. 3-4% works fine for almost all users with the normal recommended dose but be careful because to much RR will had some ill-effects. most notable side is sleepiness, headaches, and a general sense of not feeling 100%. if you just want to try RR by itself, try NOW RR caps.
Generally agree. Successful clinicals that established Rhodiola Rosea's adaptogenic properties used standardized extractions yielding 3% rosavins (rosavin, rosarin, and rosin) and 1% salidrosides, the same ratio available in the natural root. These rosavins and salidrosides must be collectively present for rhodiola rosea to produce desired effects. Consequently, I am not sure if standardizing for 15% rosavins alone would yield the same pharmacological results.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Consequently, I am not sure if standardizing for 15% rosavins alone would yield the same pharmacological results.
it may but the dosage will most likely be significantly lower. these type of higher extracts are usually used and good for a proprietary blend of some sort with other ingredients when the total dosage amount must fall into a certain range so everything can fit in a certain size capsules. other than that and especially if you are looking to try RR by itself, just stick to a lower extract and save yourself some money.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who made the myostatin blocker again. Was it biotest I forget.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it may but the dosage will most likely be significantly lower. these type of higher extracts are usually used and good for a proprietary blend of some sort with other ingredients when the total dosage amount must fall into a certain range so everything can fit in a certain size capsules. other than that and especially if you are looking to try RR by itself, just stick to a lower extract and save yourself some money.
I understand the proprietary blend and dosage issues, yet the standardization is more important, in my opinion. Extracting for 15% rosavins alone (as in Biotest Rhodiola) is pharmacologically not the same as extracting for 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides (as in successful clinicals). Rhodiola Rosea is one of my favourite herbs, by the way, and my preference has always been the 3:1 ratio of active adaptogens found in the actual plant.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i agree to some degree. i think the tactics they use are far to over the top, as some other companies, so i just stay away from them and dont even bother. they do seem to have high quality when it comes to meeting label claims but i find they are WAY overpriced on almost all of their item. i could make a product similar to theirs for 1/2 the price and twice the cycle length.

I've heard about these ill-effects from RR. Do you know at what dose these start occuring and for how long?

I am using NOW 500mg caps at 1 cap only and have been considering taking 2. This is a staple for me now.

Jag

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question but ability to increase the body's capacity to adapt to stressful conditions is really vague in terms of effectiveness. So is this product a cortisol lowering in nature then?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question but ability to increase the body's capacity to adapt to stressful conditions is really vague in terms of effectiveness. So is this product a cortisol lowering in nature then?
I've read that it balances cortisol. Brings it down when it's high and brings it up when it's low.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was originally interested in Biotest's Rhodiola, UNTIL I realized that you can get the same amount of Rosavin's by buying http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/rhodiola-60-caps-500-mg.html at 1/2 the price!! Not to mention the other useful stuff that is outside of the rosavins. Do the math (someone on AM pointed it out to me,I can't recall who right now, my apologies.)
Yup, we discussed that on PM. I liked NP Rhod that I used to make tea when you sold bulk. Definetly was super dosing which people say is bad but its the only way I got the calming effect. It really made me feel buzzed sometimes.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Yup, we discussed that on PM. I liked NP Rhod that I used to make tea when you sold bulk. Definetly was super dosing which people say is bad but its the only way I got the calming effect. It really made me feel buzzed sometimes.
justreading, what sort of doses do you call super dosing? I've thought about upping my dose from 500mg for a while but i can't find much on higher doses.

i'm glad this thread got bumped as it reminded me to order some more.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont remember exactly but i want to say 1.5g in a tea so it hit quicker