Divanex Dosing: All at once or spread out?

NeoNewfie

Awards
Greetings, all. I'm looking to resolve an issue I have with stinging nettle (Divanil) doses: Universal's test product recommends taking the day's complement of nettle root all at once, with the last meal before working out. Designer Supplements and Nutraplanet, however, would have you spread the servings out throughout the day, citing nettle's short half life. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Universal's product, and had better results than with the AX/X-Factor stack. I'm also not willing to take my own anecdotal impressions as evidence that one is better than the other, since I'm certainly not immune to the placebo effect.

So, my question: What IS the more effective dosing protocol between the two?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spread out with meals. Definitely.
I think Universal's is dosed all at once for simplicity, but maintaining a higher level of free testosterone throughout the day will be more beneficial that a large jump with that pre-bed dose.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best times to take are first thing in the morning or right before a workout, which probably why Universal recommends a single dose (and a second dose before lifting), to make the best of their Nettle extract during these times. I'm sure it has several other components to compliment the nettle, which don't have the need for such frequent dosing.

Drugs and supplements work themselves away through exponential decay. After serum concentrations reach a peak point, the rate in which they decrease is proportional to their current concentration, often expressed as a "half-life" (time it takes for current concentration to become half of itself). Since divanillyltetrahydrofuran is a competative SHBG inhibitor, its effects last about as long as its half life; therefore, a more optimal effect can be achieved with more frequent dosing.

I would try to split up the dose to 2-3x daily. Once in the morning, once pre-workout, and once with dinner or something.

NeoNewfie

Awards
Thank you for the excellent answers. Sinner, in particular, was very informative. Throughout the day it is!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 5