RPN Gut Health vs. NSI Probiotic

GaryGGiraffe

GaryGGiraffe

Awards
So I've been hearing that RPN Gut Health should be a staple for daily use, but I recently came across NSI Probiotic, which seems like a superior product for a smaller price.

JayEdit: Discuss products without linking them to non sponsored sites, please.

It has 5 billion microorganisms per capsule as opposed to Gut Health's 1 billion. And is MUCH cheaper at $11.99 for 120 caps as opposed to Gut Health for $12.50 for 35 caps.

Any reason Gut Health would be superior?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
That product does look good, but i dont think ur supposed to link outside of nutraplanet.

I just dont see any need to try anything other than Gut Health IMO. I used multiple acidophilus/bifidus blends as well as MRM Digest-All without the results I got from Gut Health.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blended strains are not necessarily even remotely effective - especially if taken at the same time. You will find a lot of competition for limited resources and intestinal surface area, a lot of times causing more intestinal turmoil.

Another thing that bothers me is the old "proprietary blend", listing plain old lactobacillus acidophillus first. There is no breakdown as to number of colony forming units of each species.

KE-99 is a specially isolated strain, meant to be most effective in the conditions that modern humans face in this environment - properly dealing with stress, weakened immune systems, horrendous diet/high protein intake, constant assault by pathogenic strains (which KE-99 is VASTLY superior protecting against), among many other things.

I can't comment on what they claim to be their super secret gastric bypass technology is - because I have no idea what it is, nor do they seem forthcoming to detail it.

GaryGGiraffe

GaryGGiraffe

Awards
Blended strains are not necessarily even remotely effective - especially if taken at the same time. You will find a lot of competition for limited resources and intestinal surface area, a lot of times causing more intestinal turmoil.

Another thing that bothers me is the old "proprietary blend", listing plain old lactobacillus acidophillus first. There is no breakdown as to number of colony forming units of each species.

KE-99 is a specially isolated strain, meant to be most effective in the conditions that modern humans face in this environment - properly dealing with stress, weakened immune systems, horrendous diet/high protein intake, constant assault by pathogenic strains (which KE-99 is VASTLY superior protecting against), among many other things.

I can't comment on what they claim to be their super secret gastric bypass technology is - because I have no idea what it is, nor do they seem forthcoming to detail it.
Hmmm, well I don't know much about probiotics at all so I guess I have to take your word for it. But still, at that price, I have to at least try it. If the product works for me (it has 20 reviews and all give it 5 out of 5 stars) then I don't care if RPN's product is superior. I'll let you guys know how I like it when I try it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm, well I don't know much about probiotics at all so I guess I have to take your word for it. But still, at that price, I have to at least try it. If the product works for me (it has 20 reviews and all give it 5 out of 5 stars) then I don't care if RPN's product is superior. I'll let you guys know how I like it when I try it.
cool....let us know how it works for you.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As dsade already pointed out, the blended strains of probiotics are subjective at best in their overall effects. The lactobacillus ke-99 strain was chosen due to its university proven studies that note the profound effects in its abiltiy to attach to enteric sites within the intestine (or effectively colonize and multiply), as well as its very effective ability to competitively exclude undesireable bacteria. Probiotic supplements can look good on paper, but there are MANY variables that can nullify the intended effects before they are even allowed to be exerted.

The problem with most probiotic supplements is the method of effective delievery. Gut Health utilizes "enteric coating" to avoid gastric acid destruction (due to stomach acids) of the probiotic bacteria before they reach their intended destination to begin with. It means nothing to have so many excess billions of probiotic organisms if they'll never make it to their intended destination to begin with. Gut Health utilizes an effective supply of proven effective viable organisms (Ke-99) capable of providing listed probiotic benefits, as well as having very efficient delivery mechanism for effects to be noteably demonstated. You can't have one without the other to be successful here.

Here is the link to the Gut Health write-up that we've put together. If you have an additional questions we'd be happy to answer them for you. :)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recomp-performance-nutrition/82372-gut-health.html