Tta

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I've heard people voice concerns over the safety of taking TTA. Here's an article I found on the anti-proliferative effects TTA may have on certain types of cancerous cells.

Here's the link to the whole article for science geek guys-

Antiproliferative effects of a non--oxidizable fatty acid, tetradecylthioacetic acid, in native human acute myelogenous leukemia blast cultures

Here are the findings for the rest of us-

Our results suggest that TTA can inhibit AML blast proliferation through pathways that are unrelated to autocrine cytokine secretion and intrinsic oxidative status.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
huhh?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anti-proliferation on cancer cells is a good thing, BTW.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I guess my post is unclear, allow me to re-word:

TTA has been shown to stop certain types of cancer cells from proliferating ('proliferating' means to grow, multiply, expand, etc.)

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
huh???

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
Ohh...New Orleans. I'm afraid I can't explain it to you in your language.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
huh?????????

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Anti-proliferation on cancer cells is a good thing, BTW.
read the first post again. he's saying people had concerns about taking tta and he found an article that disputes peoples reasoning for having doubts about taking it. could have been worded a little differently but he got the point across

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
read the first post again. he's saying people had concerns about taking tta and he found an article that disputes peoples reasoning for having doubts about taking it. could have been worded a little differently but he got the point across
yep..bad wording and he already clarified it.

This is being discussed over at M&M prominently, and actually looks promising. my father died of colon cancer when I was 9, so I researched quite a bit before using TTA in DCP.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
word

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
I've heard people voice concerns over the safety of taking TTA. Here's an article I found on the anti-proliferative effects TTA may have on certain types of cancerous cells.

Here's the link to the whole article for science geek guys-

Antiproliferative effects of a non--oxidizable fatty acid, tetradecylthioacetic acid, in native human acute myelogenous leukemia blast cultures

Here are the findings for the rest of us-

Our results suggest that TTA can inhibit AML blast proliferation through pathways that are unrelated to autocrine cytokine secretion and intrinsic oxidative status.
good find,thanks

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I think the main reason people are scared of TTA is b/c of a horror storie of kidney damage due to something called rhabamio-blah blah blah. Basically damaged muscle metabolites that are toxic build up to dangerous levels b/c they arn't getting filtered out properly and start shutting the body's systems down, usually starting with the kidneys, but can become fatal.

Suspect cause in the guy's story was TTA which he was taking, b/c is alters electrolyte status. Supposedly. The Dr could not prove it conclusively.

Just be careful and research any supplement before going willy-nilly and megadosing stuff. DCP includes electrolytes already as well as SNS's product I believe. Proper hydration is also key.

All I know is that DCP worked VERY well for what it is supposed to do, but made me very lethargic by week 6. I had to stop it. Took some Reset AD and NOW thyroid energy to get me feeling normal. Didn't use stimulant with it either.

Looking back now I wonder, in my own little semi-intelligent head, if TTA is possibly suppressive to the thyroid seeing how it is related to Diiodothyroacetic Acid in Dicana which I have read is thyroid suppressive. I'm not sure if my theory holds water, but it's just based on my personal observation of how I felt and of the similar names of these two chemicals. Am I crazy? Maybe. Anyone more educated correct me on this point and ease my concern about thyroid suppression?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tta= tetradecylthioacetic acid. the word thio means sulfur - not thyro.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the clarification.

I looked last night and compared the words twice as I was thinking about it and I didn't catch the different spelling. Now I feel like a total n00b. But that's what I get for posting the thoughts in my head after my bedtime.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the clarification.

I looked last night and compared the words twice as I was thinking about it and I didn't catch the different spelling. Now I feel like a total n00b. But that's what I get for posting the thoughts in my head after my bedtime.
huh????