myostatin blockers?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i know this questions been asked befor but i want to know more, are there any myostatin blockers that work?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
from what i have been reading its still only being done in mice. But i may be wrong at that though.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
thats what im reading too, wouldnt it be f*cking awesome if they worked for humans!!!
you would look like the cows with the myostatin genes......HUGE!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well flex wheeler has a myostatin defiancy.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
i know this questions been asked befor but i want to know more, are there any myostatin blockers that work?

There are no FDA approved myostatin inhibitors and certainly no viable supplements. MYO-029 reached Stage II clinical trials but the results did not pan out. There's at least a half dozen other potential inhibitors in various stages of trial, though mostly still confined to animal testing. Speculation that a viable product may exist in 5 years and of course this would trickle down into the gray market research chems.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
so i have to wait 5 years :(

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well flex wheeler has a myostatin defiancy.
I am sure levrone does too... Know a personal friend of his and the guy knows nothing about juice or training and is natural and doesn't train most of the year ha

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
There's been some talk about a supp called "Folstaxan" by Celldyne BioPharma but its expensive,never in stock,and I dont know of any logs on it.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
I am sure levrone does too... Know a personal friend of his and the guy knows nothing about juice or training and is natural and doesn't train most of the year ha
you mean leverone was natural?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
The only source presently being promoted as a myostatin inhibitor is called Cytoseira canariensis, which is found in a specific marine algae.

Anyone read that before? Are there any supps that contain this?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you mean leverone was natural?
6-8 months a year levvrone was off juice and did not train thats well known... what isnt known is he claims winny gives you gyno... the guy is a real freak...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! NP carrying soon?
Don't get excited... that stuff is a scam.

Effects of an alleged myostatin-binding supplement and heavy resistance training on serum myostatin, muscle strength and mass, and body composition.

Willoughby DS.
Exercise and Biochemical Nutrition Laboratory, Dept of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798-7313, USA.
This study examined 12 wk of resistance training and cystoseira canariensis supplementation on serum levels of myostatin and follistatin-like related gene (FLRG) and muscle strength and body composition. Twenty-two untrained males were randomly assigned to a placebo (PLC) or myostatin binder (MYO) group in a double-blind fashion. Blood was obtained before and after 6 and 12 wk of training. PLC and MYO trained thrice weekly using 3 sets of 6 to 8 repetitions at 85 % to 90 % 1 repetition maximum. MYO ingested 1200 mg/d of cystoseira canariensis. Data were analyzed with 2-way ANOVA. After training, total body mass, fat-free mass, muscle strength, thigh volume/mass, and serum myostatin and FLRG increased for both groups (P < 0.05); however, there were no differences between groups (P > 0.05). Twelve wk of heavy resistance training and 1200 mg/d of cystoseira canariensis supplementation appears ineffective at inhibiting serum myostatin and increasing muscle strength and mass or decreasing fat mass.