Would L-GLUTAMINE be a ideal sup for help healing micro tears in muscles?

leebird

Awards
As I was told by a physiotherapist that I had developed micro tearing in my leg muscles would L-GLUTAMINE help aid in the healing process ?

Thanks for any advice guys.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, food and rest would. WTF does he mean by microtears, anyway, and why is it a problem?? Look, I just lifted a dumbell, I now have microtears!

leebird

Awards
He mentioned that becuase my muscles were deconditioned i had created micro tears in the muscle fibers due to the demands I placed on them while exercising. The symptoms I get are intense burning sensations in my buttocks and thigh muscles when lying down for a given amount of time, I will also get the burning sensation if I ever attempt to do any running. If I get up and walk about it tends to lesson considerable or if I have a hot bath or take anti-inflammatories.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i cant tell if this thread is a joke or for real and anti inflammitories hinder growth

leebird

Awards
Its what I was told, has he got it wrong ?

Growth Junkie

Growth Junkie

Awards
Its what I was told, has he got it wrong ?
How long have you had these symtoms for? I don't even know how one diagnoses micortears; ultrasound, MRI? Surely would be very difficult to pick up.

Honestly it sounds like you're describing the acute symptoms of resistance training. If you are in a unconditioned state it sounds like he is diagnosing severe DOMS.

Solution = :food:

leebird

Awards
Growth Junkie

It happened from running up and down my stairs for a period of 4 months which I gradly built up to 100 up/downs. I failed to warm up properly one day before doing my days run up/down the stairs which then resulted in it all happening.

I've had the sypmtoms for approx 8-9 months now. Its alot better from when it first happened, but as mentioned the burning sensation tends to come on when lying down or sitting in a postion for a givin amount of time.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When did you last run the stairs?

leebird

Awards
I did try a couple of times approx 3 months ago when it started to improve but just made it worst again so I dont even attempt to try now.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
l-glutamine is given to patients after surgery to help speed up recovery.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did try a couple of times approx 3 months ago when it started to improve but just made it worst again so I dont even attempt to try now.
So you feel sore 3 months after last doing the exercise? Do you do anything else strenous? Are you doing physical therapy still? If so, why? How old are you? What's your diet like?

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I would think adequate rest and nutrition would heal this up quickly. I could see using some Scivation Xtend for the bcaa's AND glutamine though.

leebird

Awards
I'm going to seek a second opinion guys, with me going private this tiime rather than rely on the nhs. Thanks though as you have made me question my diagnosis.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good for you. I have no idea what the therapist meant, but just based on terminology, he/she is full of ****.

You didn't say why you were in therapy, or what type of therapy you are doing. Whatever problem you have that put you in therapy could be part of the problem; the therapy itself could be part of the problem; there could be other issues, like diet, test, or disease/other conditions.

We aren't getting the full picture here, and we're not doctors. Find a good doctor, and confide in him. Hopefully they can help, good luck!

leebird

Awards
Thanks poison,

Hopefully what they recommend/diagnose will be more of a accurate diagnosis than the other guy gave me.

Seeyaz