NEWS: Universal Intra-Aid formula and FAQ's

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
What It Is:
Intra-Aid. Targeted Intra-Workout Supplementation.
Proper workout nutrition (intra-workout) is an area that is being supported by a legit, growing body of science. Intra-workout nutrition represents the next big nutritional frontier for bodybuilders and weightlifters. Even so, many lifers often ignore this period. Why is targeted intra-workout supplementation so important? Here's a short list: proper rehydration, muscle and liver glycogen re-synthesis, improved immune function, decreased muscle catabolism, increased muscle protein synthesis, increased muscle anabolism, faster recovery and training at a higher intensity. It's amazing how so many benefits can get overlooked. Intra-Aid? brings intra-workout nutrition into the 21st century. It's a combination of key complexes that work in synergy to maximize the aforementioned benefits of workout supplementation. Intra-Aid consists of 5 potent components: fast-acting hydrolyzed protein, a highly specialized carbohydrate blend, critical electrolytes, an essential amino acid blend, and key ergogenic agents. Intra-Aid combines all of the scientific benefits of proper intra-workout supplementation, leaving out the guesswork. The gym water fountain and popular high fructose "sports" drinks may be good for the regular athlete, but for the serious weight lifter, they just can't compare. Think of Intra-Aid as first-aid for your workout.

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size 1 scoop (~32g)
Servings Per Container 25
Amount Per Serving %DV
Calories 72
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat <1g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Total Carbohydrates 10g 3% (Intra-Aid Carb Blend--maltodextrin, d-glucose, waxy maize)
Sugars 5g
Protein 8g 16% (from hydrolyzed whey protein)
Calcium 50mg 5% (Electrolytes)
Magnesium 50mg 13%
Sodium 100mg 4%
Potassium 100mg 3%

Intra-Aid Proprietary Performance Blend 10,000mg (EAAs and Ergogenics)
Beta-alanine
Taurine
Leucine
Isoleucine
Valine
Arginine
Histidine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Threonine

Intra-Aid consists of 5 potent components: fast-acting hydrolyzed protein, a highly specialized carbohydrate blend, critical electrolytes, an essential amino acid blend, and key ergogenic agents, all of which are highlighted above.

How To Stack It:
Though Intra-Aid is an effective stand-alone supplement, to fully take advantage of the "anabolic window of opportunity" that exists before/during/following lifting, take 1 serving of Shock Therapy before the workout (pre-), 1 serving of Intra-Aid during the workout (intra-) and 1 serving of Torrent after (post-). By combining all three, you can maximize your nutrient intake during this most critical of all periods.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Intra-Aid FAQs:

What is intra-workout nutrition and why is it important for weightlifters?

Intra-workout nutrition plays a vital role in ensuring that you get the most out of your workout, and helps you take your workout to the next level. Water and carb drinks alone can only do so much. Hydrolyzed whey, EAAs, BCAAs, electrolytes, carbs and ergogenic agents work together to ensure that you maximize your results.

What is the "anabolic window of opportunity?"
The “anabolic window of opportunity,” as discussed in bodybuilding circles, is the open window of time immediately after a hard training session. During this time it's your job to get as many of the right nutrients through that opening as possible... However, it doesn’t begin and end solely with post-workout nutrition. All bases need to be covered—pre-, intra- and post-. In terms of intra-workout nutrition, a recent study shows that protein co-ingestion w/ carbs stimulates whole-body and muscle protein synthesis rates during resistance exercise.

Why both free form aminos and hydrolyzed protein?
Intra-Aid is loaded with both free form essential amino acids and hydrolyzed protein to further enhance the anabolic response during resistance exercise. The dual combo allows you to efficiently combat the dreaded catabolic effects of training as well as delay muscular fatigue, further enhancing your training performance and recovery.

Why is Intra-Aid superior to regular "sports drinks" designed for endurance athletes?

Intra-Aid is superior to regular “sports drinks” because these commercial drinks only contain carbs (usually high-fructose corn syrup—an inferior and potentially dangerous carb source) and electrolytes. Where’s the hydrolyzed whey? Where are the free-form EAAs? Any extra ergogenic aids? Commercial sports drinks lack these vital nutrients. Without hydrolyzed whey, EAAs and beta alanine there is no way that you can properly prevent muscle catabolism, delay muscular fatigue and enhance muscle protein synthesis during your workout.

Is intra-workout nutrition backed by science?
Intra-workout nutrition is backed by both anecdotal feedback as well as actual science. Studies show that co-ingestion of hydrolyzed protein and carbs during resistance exercise stimulates whole-body as well as muscle protein synthesis. Proper intra-workout nutrition also works to suppress cortisol levels, support proper hydration, and increase strength, endurance and recovery.

Intra-Aid is more expensive that regular “sports drinks.” Is it really better?
Most regular “sports drinks” are comprised of inferior carbs and electrolytes. They use cheap sources to mass produce and market it to many cosumers. Intra-Aid is an intra-workout supplement designed specifically for bodybuilders. It’s packed with hydro whey, EAAs, beta alanine, key carbs and electrolytes. All ingredients are backed by science and are gym tested for proven results. If you want the best results, Intra-Aid goes to bat for you.

Do I need to take Intra-Aid every day?
Intra-Aid is designed specifically to be taken during a workout. There is no need to supplement with Intra-Aid on non-workout days.

Should I supplement anything else with Intra-Aid during the workout?
No. Intra-Aid is the bodybuilder’s workout drink. It contains all the necessary ingredients for during workout nutrition and performance—hydrolyzed protein, essential aminos, electrolyes, carbohydrates and key ergogenics.

Are there any stimulants in Intra-Aid?
Intra-Aid is stimulant free. You should consume stimulants prior to your workout so that they are already in your system when your workout begins. Try using Universal Nutrition’s Shock Therapy, which will take care of all your pre-workout supplementation.

Does Intra-Aid contain creatine?
No. Intra-Aid is creatine free. Most bodybuilders already supplement with creatine so we felt it was unnecessary to add it to Intra-Aid.

Can I use Intra-Aid while cutting or is it just for bulking?
You can use Intra-Aid while cutting or bulking. Since it provides you with all the key nutrients necessary during your workout, lntra-Aid will help preserve strength while cutting and enhance strength while on a bulk.

Can I stack Intra-Aid with other Universal supplements?
Yes. Intra-Aid can be stacked with a variety of other Universal supplements. In particular, if you are looking to take advantage of the “anabolic window of opportunity” that exists after your workout, we suggest the following stack—
Pre-workout: 1 scoop of Shock Therapy.
Intra-workout: 1 scoop of Intra-Aid.
Post-workout: 3 scoops of Torrent.

I lift weights at night. Will I have any issues if I take Intra-Aid late in the day?
Absolutely not. Intra-Aid is stimulant free and will not keep you up at night. It provides you with the proper nutrition to get the most out of your workout.

Why are there carbs in Intra-Aid? If I’m on a low-carb diet can I use it?
To be a complete intra-workout supplement, a small dose of carbs are necessary. Protein, aminos or carbs alone isn’t enough. When you combine key forms of protein, carbs and aminos together, you’ve got complete intra-workout nutrition. You can use Intra-Aid on a low-carb diet. Ten grams of targeted intra-workout carbohydrates will work to fuel your workout and increase your strength and endurance without any negative effects to your low-carb diet.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Purple Wraath has some good competition now :thumbsup:

phantom

Awards
  • Established
looks awesome...and this is blue raz flavored?

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
should be fun....something new for the tastebuds to enjoy

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Purple Wraath has some good competition now :thumbsup:
Honestly, I'm not sure that's the best comparison... Anways, lookin' forward to the launch.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very nice profile, might have to give this a run

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Sexy! Blue Raz!:thumbsup: I will def try this out.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Any of you fellas interested in an Intra-Aid promo/log?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Of course, but I am alreay running a log. I will just save up and buy some.

ETA on nutraplanet getting some? Or did I miss that?
Hasn't been officially launched yet--probably this week or next. After that, NP should be able to get their hands on some.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Hasn't been officially launched yet--probably this week or next. After that, NP should be able to get their hands on some.
Very nice!! You guys will find some excellent loggers here.:thumbsup:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to log this. I've used Xtend, Purple Wrath(samples), and currently been using Intra-bolic. I've become quite fond of intraworkout supplements and thinks its actually more important that post workout IMHO.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Sounds Great!!!
Now for the free samples!!!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I'd log it, I already am using Storm and Torrent.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I'm not sure that's the best comparison... Anways, lookin' forward to the launch.
My bad.. I just figured they both were for the same purposes (Intra Workout mostly) and did the same stuff.. Could you clear things up and name a few things they have different about them ?? I'm interested in learning more about it.
:)

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good starting point... but so far, only 3 members have expressed any interest in this potential promo...
as a long-time user of the "BigAnt Drink" Nitro G, EAA Nitro, etc, i can't wait for this stuff.
when i was on the Stak/Test stack, the BigAnt drink really helped
(those of you who have used this stack, know what i'm talking about... i had some killer marathon workouts, haha)...
would be sweet to see how much better Intra-aid helps.

Pump or ST + Intra-Aid + Torrent = results

i can't believe there isn't more interest in Intra-aid??? :think:

oh well, better chances for us guys!!! :nutkick:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
My bad.. I just figured they both were for the same purposes (Intra Workout mostly) and did the same stuff.. Could you clear things up and name a few things they have different about them ?? I'm interested in learning more about it.
:)
They are both intraworkout from what I understand, but in some ways, different.

For starters, each serving of Intra-Aid is about 32g, and it contains cals, 72 of 'em (8g protein from hydrolyzed whey) and 10g of total CHO from malto, d-glucose and waxy maize). So it's more like a "sports drink" for bodybuilders.

In addition to the hydrolyzed protein, the fastest acting source of aminos, there are free form EAAs/BCAAs added to the mix, along with electrolytes. That pretty much sums up Intra-Aid.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
They are both intraworkout from what I understand, but in some ways, different.

For starters, each serving of Intra-Aid is about 32g, and it contains cals, 72 of 'em (8g protein from hydrolyzed whey) and 10g of total CHO from malto, d-glucose and waxy maize). So it's more like a "sports drink" for bodybuilders.

In addition to the hydrolyzed protein, the fastest acting source of aminos, there are free form EAAs/BCAAs added to the mix, along with electrolytes. That pretty much sums up Intra-Aid.
Very nice guys ! I would love to log this product too to see how it helps during my workout.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
We plan on running a promo here so stay tuned...
tuned :wave:

i think this product lends itself wonderfully to samples... :think:

ST or Pump sample + IA sample + Torrent sample = AWO Stack samples?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
tuned :wave:

i think this product lends itself wonderfully to samples... :think:

ST or Pump sample + IA sample + Torrent sample = AWO Stack samples?
Agreed. The Big Picture sample pack.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to try this stuff. I already employ my Big Ant drink.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
I just got word that Intra-Aid will be ready to ship on Tuesday.

Not sure when it will hit retailers.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if NP is planning to pickup Intra-Aid?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
yes universal, I've already purchased several of your products and I have torrent and storm, I would love to be part of a promo and log your product :)
Thanks brother, but I believe the promo has closed...

jkwonx

Awards
Thanks brother, but I believe the promo has closed...

damn just going to have to buy bottles on my own then :)

i trust uni products so ordering maybe 3-4 tubs when np has it on tuesday. Wait is that today? right now?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
damn just going to have to buy bottles on my own then :)

i trust uni products so ordering maybe 3-4 tubs when np has it on tuesday. Wait is that today? right now?
Tuesday? As in next Tuesday?

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Intra-Aid: First Aid for Your Workout

How many people actually drink something besides water during a workout? Any time you step into the gym you see people heading over to the water fountain or drinking from a water bottle or jug. There are also some that consume popular commercial "sports drinks" that were made for their endurance-oriented brethren. You know those drinks filled with fructose and high fructose corn syrup that experienced bodybuilders do their best to avoid. For endurance athletes being hydrated is something that has been hammered home by coaches and trainers, and touched upon during the typical "sports drink" commercials, articles, ads, and of course, word of mouth. But is drinking water or a beverage with carbs enough? Is it enough for the serious lifter? What if you found out that you might be able to get better results if you were to change something as simple as what you drink during a workout?

Now, most of the bodybuilding intelligentsia and athletes in the know are aware of the importance of getting something in pre-workout, especially for a nice energy boost. Think of Shock Therapy or Animal Pump; these pre-workout supps supply you with the mental acuity, focus and energy that get you powered up for the gym and make you feel like hitting the plates. Many also know the importance of consuming something post-workout, like the ever popular Torrent. This PWO shake can enhance overall recovery during the anabolic "window of opportunity." This open window exists after a hard training session and Torrent works to get as much of the right nutrients through that opening as possible...

Ok, so those of you using Shock Therapy and Torrent have your pre and post-workout areas covered, but how many of you overlook the importance of intra-workout nutrition? This is the critical time when your muscles are actually performing and being broken down. During an intense workout, the following actions are taking place in your body: the stress hormone cortisol is secreted, muscle protein synthesis is decreased, immune function is lowered, there is an increase in muscle breakdown, fatigue sets in, strength decreases as the workout goes on and glycogen is depleted. So, why is it that proper intra-workout nutrition is so overlooked? Well, for starters, there isn't much information available on the subject. The body of research studying the effects of intra-workout nutrition specifically for weightlifters is just beginning to take off. Enter Intra-Aid.

Proper intra-workout nutrition is one area in which many bodybuilders often fail to take advantage. Yet, when done right it is one of the most important ways to boost overall performance and results. Why is targeted intra-workout supplementation so important? Here are the ways that the right supplementation during a workout can aid a hard- training lifter: proper rehydration, muscle and liver glycogen re-synthesis, improved immune function, decreased muscle catabolism, increased muscle protein synthesis, increased muscle anabolism, faster recovery and training at a higher intensity. The list of benefits goes on and on. Amazing how so many benefits can go overlooked, right? This is where a proper intra-workout nutrition formula like Intra-Aid can aid a hard-training weight lifter.

Intra-Aid brings complete intra-workout supplementation to the table. It's a combination of key complexes that work in synergy to maximize the aforementioned benefits of workout supplementation. Intra-Aid consists of 5 components which make the formula so potent: hydrolyzed protein, a specialized carbohydrate blend, important electrolytes, an essential amino acid blend and potent ergogenic agents such as beta alanine and taurine.

Let's look at how these 5 components aid a hard-training athlete during a workout. First up is hydrolyzed whey protein (WPH). WPH consists of small whey peptides that are quickly digested and easily absorbed. This is extremely important during a workout. We don?t want something that takes a long time to digest. Also, we don't want to draw blood away from where it should be,the working muscles, not the digestive system. WPH is also crucial in preventing whole-body protein breakdown and stimulating muscle protein synthesis during training, which is crucial for enhancing overall recovery. WPH is the fastest absorbing source of aminos anywhere faster than other protein powders and even faster than free form aminos.

Next up, we need to discuss carbohydrates. Carbs are crucial for intra-workout consumption as they work in conjunction with the hydrolyzed whey protein to blunt the negative effect that the hormone cortisol has on the muscle building process. They also work to ensure that glycogen levels are not severely depleted during long and hard training sessions. Carbs, when coupled with hydrolyzed protein and EAAs, appear to improve overall muscle anabolism, allowing for a better platform of results. Coinciding with the positive hormonal responses from carb ingestion intra-workout are the fact that carbs combined with EAAs and protein assist in shifting the work out balance in the favor of conserving muscle protein breakdown, a very important anti-catabolic effect that helps you get the most out of your training protocol.

Third, we need to look at the benefits of essential amino acids (EAAs). There are many studies that back up the efficacy of EAAs, which have been used in several Universal Nutrition products such as EAA Stack, EAA Nitro and Animal Nitro for many, many years. Why are EAAs so important? First off, they are free-form uncoupled amino acids. They can actually bypass the liver and enter systemic circulation. When this happens, the pharmacological benefits are quickly realized. The results are improved net muscle protein synthesis and production of pharmacological and physiological effects such as hormone regulation (insulin, GH), immunomodulation and anabolism (via protein synthesis). Very powerful effects to say the least.

Intra-Aid is then rounded out by key electrolytes and the powerful ergogenics beta alanine and taurine. You can't have an intra-workout drink without electrolytes; they are needed to replace those that are lost when you sweat during your workout. Electrolytes in small doses, such as potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium, assist the body in hydration and the absorption of the macronutrients protein and carbs. Electrolytes are also a main factor in the transfer of nutrients and water in and out of the cell, a process that would not be able to take place without them. Electrolytes are crucial to maintaining optimal performance during a hard training session.

Beta alanine helps increase muscle carnosine levels. Carnosine works as a muscle buffer by soaking up the extra hydrogen ions caused by working out. Studies have shown that the use of beta alanine can increase muscle carnosine levels by 42-65% in as little as four weeks. 10-12 weeks of use have been shown to increase carnosine stores as much as 80%. The increase in muscle carnosine and the power of its buffering action are the magic behind how beta-alanine works. So what has beta-alanine been show to do? Well, according to scientific studies it has been shown to increase strength, power output, endurance, exercise capacity, muscle mass and delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue. Any individual that follows a weight lifting program or practices a sport in which strength, power and endurance are needed will benefit from the use of beta-alanine. Last but not least is the addition of taurine, an important amino acid that works by helping the muscle cells hold more water, in turn, increasing cell volume. This is important because it helps to ensure proper hydration during the workout.

What's important in intra-workout nutrition is supplying nutrient rich blood to your working muscles. This is key for performance. Intra-Aid combines all of the scientific benefits of proper intra-workout supplementation, leaving out the guesswork. The gym water fountain and other popular high fructose laden "sports drinks" just can't compare; leave those to the runners and cyclists. For you, the dedicated bodybuilder, we've made Intra-Aid. Think of Intra-Aid as first-aid for your workout.