Difference between oral steroids and testasterone boosters?

FreddyKrueger

Awards
Hey guys.

i recently tried methyl v-test (3 different steroids) however on the bottle it said 'testasterone booster'. Now I look at the testaterone boosters (natural ones) and I am confused. Both of these compounds increase your testasterone.

Why are they different and what side effects do they have?

For comparison reasons lets compare methyl v-test to novadex.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys.

i recently tried methyl v-test (3 different steroids) however on the bottle it said 'testasterone booster'. Now I look at the testaterone boosters (natural ones) and I am confused. Both of these compounds increase your testasterone.

Yes you are.....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, there is a lot to say here, but I gotta agree with trip.

Do yourself a favor b4 you take anything, and I mean anything, research it

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

Well one is a steroid and the other isn't. The steroid can hurt your body or kill you, the other one...not so much. Your body is pretty ****ed up right now most likely.

FreddyKrueger

Awards
Well one is a steroid and the other isn't. The steroid can hurt your body or kill you, the other one...not so much. Your body is pretty ****ed up right now most likely.
First of all, just because I am a noob here does not mean that I am completly ****ed up. Thats pretty stupid thing to say. First of all I took about 4 days worth of methy v-test and stoped because I resarched it. The guys on the PCT boards pointed me in the right direction.
On top of that I researched (spent whole day today) reading posts about different oral prohormones and test boosters such as novadex. The more I read the more I am confused. Some people use the boosters with prohormones, some use it while pulsing prohormones on days off. Some of them used boosters alone. The biggest confusion came to me after reading that v-test was a testasterone booster (says on the damn bottle). Thats why I asked this question. Assuming that I am a stupid ass is ignorant at best. I am sorry I put the question up without explaining it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
novadex isnt a test booster. its an AI.

ABout your question....Steroids suppress natty Test and pump you full non natty test, natural test boosters simply raise your T levels rather than suppress them like steroids.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phew... BIG questions here. But for the record, I've spent parts of every day for the last 3 years looking at information about this stuff and I'm STILL nowhere near informed/confident enough to just go buy something and put it in my body. (Yes, that even includes AX products!!)

With that said, here's some "layman's" definitions that might help:

1. Test booster - product that will boost natural testosterone levels, or increase the amount of "free testosterone" that you have in your body. Product is herbal, "natural", and won't induce shutdown.

2. Prohormone/Prosteroid (grouped together for brevity) - product that once ingested, digested, and processed, converts to a target hormone in the body. Usually, the target is test or some derivative/precursor/etc.. Depending on the product, it MAY induce shutdown or have side effects due to the conversion - aka, methyls can be hepatoxic. PCT is necessary, and has a tendency to be a bit easier to do than...

3. Steroids - Artificial or natural hormones induced into the body through artificial means - either oral or injected. You WILL need PCT as you are playing with your body's chemistry. Shutdown can and will ensue with use.

STRONG word of advice - The most important thing to put into any cycle is thought.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Phew... BIG questions here. But for the record, I've spent parts of every day for the last 3 years looking at information about this stuff and I'm STILL nowhere near informed/confident enough to just go buy something and put it in my body. (Yes, that even includes AX products!!)

1. Test booster - product that will boost natural testosterone levels, or increase the amount of "free testosterone" that you have in your body. Product is herbal, "natural", and won't induce shutdown.

2. Prohormone/Prosteroid (grouped together for brevity) - product that once ingested, digested, and processed, converts to a target hormone in the body. Usually, the target is test or some derivative/precursor/etc.. Depending on the product, it MAY induce shutdown or have side effects due to the conversion - aka, methyls can be hepatoxic. PCT is necessary, and has a tendency to be a bit easier to do than...

3. Steroids - Artificial or natural hormones induced into the body through artificial means - either oral or injected. You WILL need PCT as you are playing with your body's chemistry. Shutdown can and will ensue with use.

STRONG word of advice - The most important thing to put into any cycle is thought.
I agree with everything Tim has said here...... just remember that a test booster enhances the body's natural ability to produce it's own natural testosterone production...... Prohormones are usually a synthetic hormone missing a part of the chemical chain to make it a steriod.... once in the body thru enzymatic activity the body creates and adds the missing chemical chain making it a steriod in the body. Steriods are synthetic hormones complete... no need for chemical additions in the body to make it an active hormone.... it is complete and ready for action before it enters the body. Nolvadex or 6 oxo is a aromatase inhibitor....... when the body breaks down testosterone it does it thru an action called "aromatization".........the AI blocks the enzyme that causes aromatization so the blood testosterone levels stay higher and last longer in the blood stream....also it decrease estrogen in the body due to the fact that testosterone is not converted.........Hope this helps!
Peace!:thumbsup:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Wait, what?
So you stopped after 4 days because you researched it?
Should that not have been done first? :think:
Memorable quotes for
Merlin (1998)

Vortigern: That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think. :icon_lol:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well said! :thumbsup:

I agree with everything Tim has said here...... just remember that a test booster enhances the body's natural ability to produce it's own natural testosterone production...... Prohormones are usually a synthetic hormone missing a part of the chemical chain to make it a steriod.... once in the body thru enzymatic activity the body creates and adds the missing chemical chain making it a steriod in the body. Steriods are synthetic hormones complete... no need for chemical additions in the body to make it an active hormone.... it is complete and ready for action before it enters the body. Nolvadex or 6 oxo is a aromatase inhibitor....... when the body breaks down testosterone it does it thru an action called "aromatization".........the AI blocks the enzyme that causes aromatization so the blood testosterone levels stay higher and last longer in the blood stream....also it decrease estrogen in the body due to the fact that testosterone is not converted.........Hope this helps!
Peace!:thumbsup:
Well put! :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Very nice post as always big tim! :D

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
novadex isnt a test booster. its an AI.
Thier marketing would lead you to believe otherwise... I can see his confusion. I have heard it suggested that by inhibiting estrogen testosterone is increased via negative feedback, while this may be true who knows how much of an effect it really has. The point is Novedex is an AI not a test booster

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Everyone has given you great advice so far.

But dont buy anymore supplements without research, and maybe watching logs of other people using it. ESPECIALLY STEROIDS, I mean you can either

A: make great gains, and be happy as your body returns safely to normal

B: make crappy gains because you don't know what your doing, but you get out of it without permanent sides.

C: make great gains, but screw up your body for awhile or much much longer.....

D: fail at life and make no gains and screw up your body.

Notice the BOLD.....

Also A would require proper research, diet, training, dosing, support supps, etc...... I doubt that was followed....

Jmonster

Jmonster

Awards
Well I hope the stuff you got was free because if not you just wasted your money on something that you would have never taken in the first place if you would have just researched before hand.Taking the things you did in the manner you did is just like playing russian roulette.The pills you are taking can without proper RESEARCH can hurt you badly.And am also to believe since you didn't research that you probably did not havea PCT lined up or liver detox pills etc.Do your self and your body a favor and research first.Just think it tokk you a whole day to research it anyway,just to it first.Listen to the guys on this board they are some very smart people.Good Luck!

FreddyKrueger

Awards
Thanks guys.

I actually got v-test because I talked to few people that were on the cycle and got great gains. Plus I read on the bottle to be a testosterone enhancer. I didn't know that it had 2 steroids and 1PH in there. I looked at it and after some serious gains in just 4 days I had to fully research it before I took it.

You are completly right about researching. I was just a bit quick to act. however, I am glad I found this website, it has definitely opened up my eyes.

Thanks for the clarifications. The basic difference here is one is natural and the other is synthetic. One helps naturally the other can lead to shut down because the hormones are put into your body and used and suppression to the normal testosterone is possible.

Thanks guys, and thanks for not being to harsh on the noob question.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys.

I actually got v-test because I talked to few people that were on the cycle and got great gains. Plus I read on the bottle to be a testosterone enhancer. I didn't know that it had 2 steroids and 1PH in there. I looked at it and after some serious gains in just 4 days I had to fully research it before I took it.

You are completly right about researching. I was just a bit quick to act. however, I am glad I found this website, it has definitely opened up my eyes.

Thanks for the clarifications. The basic difference here is one is natural and the other is synthetic. One helps naturally the other can lead to shut down because the hormones are put into your body and used and suppression to the normal testosterone is possible.

Not all your fault, looks like some misleading labeling. You learned an important lesson. Stick around listen to these guys, don't be in such a hurry.. knowledge is the best thing ot supplement.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No probs, man!! It's great that you came on to ask questions. We all started out somewhere and I guarantee that we've all made our mistakes. Whether it was putting a PH in our body at an early age or just buying into the advertising hype at the local GNC store, we all have done something "noobish". :lol:

Whenever you need help with something new, just come here and see if anyone else has asked the same thing recently. Chances are good that your questions are never going to be that original. Feel free to tag along on another thread, or if it's something important, pop a new one up. Any one of us would be glad to help you out if you're willing to really listen and follow the advice that we give.

Be informed. Be smart. Be strong. :thumbsup: