Beta Alanine - Needs to be cycled??

bananaman

Awards
I tried searching on this topic and found a thread with the same question but it didn't get that much feedback. So I thought I'd ask the question again and hopefully get more responses.... Does Beta Alanine need to be cycled on and off? Like many other substances.. will it lose its effectiveness if I don't? Or is it okay for continuous use .. like a multi-v, protein, & etc???

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
While I don't see any NEED to cycle BA, I would recommend not staying on any supp year long with the exception of fatty acid supps, protein/amino acid supps and vitamin/mineral supps.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with lat on this. However, in the short term, I have found nothing outwardly problematic with BA not cycled

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
beta-alanine is an amino-acid

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
There's no evidence for cycling beta-alanine and the only reasoning for doing such is due to poor conjecture. The reason many suggest cycling is because at a certain point one becomes accustomed to the effects and there is a perceived diminution of effect. Now certain chemicals when used at supraphysiological doses may initiate a feedback loop where-by the body tries to bring levels back to a more normal level. No evidence for this exists with beta-alanine: at least not at the doses currently employed so it's a matter of little concern.