Best Recovery drink/pill?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Best Recovery drink/pill?

I just finished up my tub of anabolic OD (yeah yeah..noob..), which usually gets me all sleepy and my body relaxed after a workout.

What's a better product? Because I can honestly feel the damn difference without a recovery product. I'm more sore after, etc. What would you guys suggest?

BTW To Admin, your advertising works, but the Link is dead (of the product above - Bulletproof.)

2. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

You may want to consider making your own, saves some cash.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

dude, drink xtend during a workout and you'll be a lot less sore. your bodie craves protein during a workout, but drinking a whey shake will only make your stomach cramp. Xtend is bcaa and citruline malate. Bcaa's are predigested proteins that can only come from your diet meaning, your body cannot convert other proteins into. An intraworkout shake, in my opinion is more important than an afterworkout shake.If you have money left over buy size on, expensive but worth it, tastes amazing, xtend tastes pretty good too.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

BCAAs during workout (Purple wraath, xtend)
    Adequate nutriton after workout (golden finish, or protein/carbs)
  5. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Purple Wraath imo is a much more complete product than Xtend. I used Xtend for a long time and have gotten much better results with purple wraath.

You can also look into sleep supplements like Somnidren GH and ZMK for better recovery.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

perhaps, but i hate the taste of purple wrath. why would you need eaa's during a workout(rhetorical) bcaa's are more important. Also beta alanine is something that needs to be taken everyday
  7. Registered User
    Answers

as far as recovery drinks I like to either mix 1 scoop Scivation primal eaa w/ 60g wms (kwik karb)

OR

half servings (2 scoops) Universal real gains blended with a banana.

If you have the money then you can go with Universal Torrent, which I also liked, but the options I laid out above are slightly more cost effective.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Recovery is paramount in my program, and I've had some great success with Golden Finish, a product mentioned earlier. I "stack" it with a peach post-workout, for a rough 2-1 CHO/P ratio. I'm about half way into my second bottle, and I just ordered a third.

Another route to consider would be that of sweet potatoes. Few foods will put you into a state of recovery faster. Raisins ironically have a slight edge in this category, but the starches in the sweet potato are largely beneficial to recovery. Combine it with protein, and you're good to go in my book.

Another notable mention is a of a product I picked up a while ago.. Nubound(dot com). NuBound, a nucleotide supplement, has helped me bounce back day after day. I've posted a few things about it here, but its not exactly applicable towards bodybuilding (hypertrophy). If you're an athlete, check it out - widely used among endurance athletes and promotes a quick recovery along with immune boosting properties.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    Purple Wraath imo is a much more complete product than Xtend. I used Xtend for a long time and have gotten much better results with purple wraath.

You can also look into sleep supplements like Somnidren GH and ZMK for better recovery.
    I agree, sleep is an overlooked part of recovery!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Green tea(drink or pill)
    By phatmike0704 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 01:19 AM
  2. Secret recovery drink
    By Ricky5145 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  3. Gatorade protein recovery drink?
    By jumpshot903 in forum Supplements