airports & flying w/ supplements

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
I'm getting ready to leave on a trip. Is it okay to take vitamins / supplements with you?

I don't have any powders however I have some pill type supplements I want to take.

Thoughts?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Make sure they are in your checked baggage, and as long as it is domestic and not international you should be fine.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If they're all legal, should have no probs especially with it in checked luggage. I've carried on tubs of powders as carry-on before, but they were all sealed and NP labeled.

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
thanks guys.

I'm just talking some multi's etc....

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered this as well lol. Last year I was in Boston for two months for job training, I bought a massive tub of 0N 100% Whey for while I was there, didn't finish it and threw the rest away just to be safe. That hurt a little lol

I figured that it should be all good in your checked luggage as well. I wouldn't worry. I did put my uni-liver in my suitcase and no problems.

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
I've only had DMSO confiscated (which I guess isn't really a supp really). Only reason they took it was because it was considered HazMat.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Generally you'll be fine, even internationally. Make sure you don't have liquids in your hand luggage, or if you do they conform to the requirements (this applies in europe, not sure about FAA-land).

Watch out if travelling through Dubai or singapore, but especially Dubai. Many things you never even thought of as possibly being illegal can land you 4 years in jail, and they have incredibly sensitive equipment if you get searched. You can find a list of banned substances on the relevant customs pages.

Just to give you an idea of how insane, a guy got arrested for having poppy seeds on his clothes from a bagel he ate in the country of departure. Poppy seeds ----> opium ----> controlled substance. Have a look at this lol Travellers who 'smuggle' poppy seeds face Dubai jail

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I have had no problems in the past carrying opened bottles of prohormones, various supplements, and protein powders in my checked baggage. Funny story, the last time I visited my family I was on a cycle of anabolics and when I was visiting I lost my wallet with all of my identification and credit cards. So, when I tried to get on the plane to fly back home I was interrogated exstensively, searched and scrutinized about everything I had, and the like. It probably didn't help that I had a gnarley black eye and half of my face was covered in road rash from a bicycle accident that looked more like I got into a scuffle. And they didn't take my prohormones or other supplements which I thought they might since the bottles were opened and it could have been anything in there. This was a domestic flight FWIW.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never had problems taking anything on planes in checked or carry on luggage. PHs, powders (some that looked like coccaine), vitamins, etc., - Never been a problem. I've had to bring Tamoxifen and stuff before, too. I've always put liquids in my checked baggage and take the labels off.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
supps when flying

I have taken two flights with supps before...both domestic. The first I had whey in a ziplock in my carry on, which they searched. They were like wtf is this? I told them and it was fine. They had to ask the head of security about the handcuffs I had in there (use imagination) , but they were allowed. Another flight I was going on vacation for a month and put two containers of whey in my non-onboard bags with my clothes. Lets just say every inch of my clothes/shoes, etc were filled with protein powder....not a nice first night on vacation. So just make sure you bring stuff like that with you onboard because the air pressure difference will make those babies explode.

lanister

Awards
when i go aboard and take health gain powder then don't want me to take but for next time i take natural health care supplements and i got success. there must any security issue that's why they don't want us to take health supplements i buy them online at dubaisupplements.net

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have taken various supps (protein, anabolic, etc) between Canada and US without issues. They are looking for more nefarious items.

To this day the only item confiscated has been a small jar of hazelnut butter lol

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went through security last night at Chicago’s O’Hare airport. My trip was a short one, so no need to check a suitcase. I had a few ziplock bags of vanilla whey protein powder in my laptop case. I also had a can of preworkout in my laptop case. Never had a problem before, but last night they manually examined both items. Of course they let me pass through security with these items, but it cost me 10 minutes of time. Not a big deal unless you’re in danger of missing your flight.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I travelled from New York to the UK

And while I was in NYC I brought kraken and the DMAA gaspari superpump and nothing happened

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Domestic- no concerns whatsoever. Let them look confused. I travel with enough things to get through weeks of travel. 2 tips I’ve found success with:

1. Bag them up together so it’s a “workout” section. Must easier than loose pill bottles rolling around.
2. International- stick with well-labeled products that look OTC.
3. Keep powders in their original container.
4. Follow the liquids rule for your carry on.

Worst case you’re looking at a 5 minute delay through security. Take what you need.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this is an old thread but generally you’ll be fine so long as you’re not travelling with exotics, though I wouldn’t take anything if I was travelling to Asia as they can be particularly keen to jump on anything that might be even remotely illegal.

Europe/North America/Aus & NZ you should be fine.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Make sure they are in your checked baggage, and as long as it is domestic and not international you should be fine.
This. I've never had any issues if I put them in a checked bagged.

blynch1

blynch1

Awards
  • Established
FWIW- Just made it to Jamaica from US yesterday with VASO6 and LGD
They went through my bag but didn’t take anything

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just flew from Indiana to Florida with pills in a ziploc bag with my carry on. X-ray guy didn't even bat an eye. So at least in the states, you should be good to go. They were the CEL AE pills, so just blue and white with no labeling.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just flew from Indiana to Florida with pills in a ziploc bag with my carry on. X-ray guy didn't even bat an eye. So at least in the states, you should be good to go. They were the CEL AE pills, so just blue and white with no labeling.
Good to know! I haven't tried taking the risk unless I put them in a checked bag.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No vanilla protein in a baggy unless you want your wife to give you **** for a week because you got stopped at security and everything checked by 3 TSA agents. LOL

I travel with everything and that is the only time I've been stopped. I'm on TRT and travel with test, syringes, kratom, and other.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No vanilla protein in a baggy unless you want your wife to give you **** for a week because you got stopped at security and everything checked by 3 TSA agents. LOL

I travel with everything and that is the only time I've been stopped. I'm on TRT and travel with test, syringes, kratom, and other.
Yeah, they aren't a fan of powder in baggy's

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good to know! I haven't tried taking the risk unless I put them in a checked bag.
I wasn't paying for a checked bag, $35 extra. I also didn't want the extra bulk of the bottle in my carry on, so I just went with the ziploc bag.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't paying for a checked bag, $35 extra. I also didn't want the extra bulk of the bottle in my carry on, so I just went with the ziploc bag.
Nice! If I was a security guard a ziploc bag full of pills would seem sketch to me but I guess not. ha

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice! If I was a security guard a ziploc bag full of pills would seem sketch to me but I guess not. ha

The guard has to think, will this kill anyone, or blow the plane up, nope, ok. At least that is till some azzclown figures out a way to do it, then yes, I think all non labeled containers of pills might be at least looked at.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The guard has to think, will this kill anyone, or blow the plane up, nope, ok. At least that is till some azzclown figures out a way to do it, then yes, I think all non labeled containers of pills might be at least looked at.
That makes sense.. I wonder if protein in a ziploc bag makes them look at it. ha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think so long as you don’t write ‘not heroin’ on the bag with a sharpie, you’re golden
Haha yea that's true. I've seen those meme's when they put vanilla protein powder in a ziploc bag and write not cocaine on it.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Creatine in a ziplock bag is a big no no.

Oh what’s this, it’s white, kinda has crystals...... yeah not good lol

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I carry all my weed and edibles right through carry on. I’ve also carried orals and transdermals through prob 25 plus times.
Gotta love living inn Colorado!!
Yeah I’ve also carried on dank ass protein!
Haha, I do draw the line with vials and syringes. Those are red flags and I wouldn’t take them with me checked or unchecked without a script.

Taking supplements on your carry on is totally legal. I would leave them in there original containers/packaging.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Domestic you have a lot of leeway. International is riskier, especially if you don’t speak the local language

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Domestic you have a lot of leeway. International is riskier, especially if you don’t speak the local language
I have probably smuggled weed mostly vape cartridges and edibles on over 20 international flights over the last five years alone. Lol, I have flown domestic maybe 3 times. Once you pass security at your local airport your all good. No matter how many international connections you have as long as you don’t EXIT at any point your good to go.

My leeway is I live in Denver. We have amnesty boxes at our airport that if we want to or are caught they allow you to just throw it away. They don’t arrest unless you have a lot.
Then then can get you with intent to distribute.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 10
p1nchharmonic Anabolics 10
Prince IronMag Labs 0
LMuscle Anabolics 3
LMuscle Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2