Nutraplanet To Use New Tough Plastic Baggies For Products / Refills

Should NP offer new tough plastic baggies for refill products or for all products?

• Total voters
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
This may seem like a small request but to be honest can have far reaching benefits.

1. Saving money for NP
2. Saving money for shipping
3. Saving Gas for trucks etc to ship it
4. Less recycle waste etc
5. Other um stuff :)

Saurabh

Awards
Whatever will get me more free samples I would vote for that :woohoo:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love that TP gives you the option, can you imagine how many 5lb protein containers are tossed each day just by people on this board? I just get my protein in a bag and refill the containers.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may seem like a small request but to be honest can have far reaching benefits.

1. Saving money for NP
2. Saving money for shipping
3. Saving Gas for trucks etc to ship it
4. Less recycle waste etc
5. Other um stuff :)
Do you have data to support any of these?

1. What is the cost of the tubs vs the baggies
2. What is the weight of the tubs vs the baggies
3. Item 2 will dictate shipping cost
4. Item 2 would dictate fuel cost (and contribute to shipping cost)
5. I believe both tubs and baggies are recycle materials.

6. That's not a carbon footprint in my pants, I'm just happy to see you :D

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I love that TP gives you the option, can you imagine how many 5lb protein containers are tossed each day just by people on this board? I just get my protein in a bag and refill the containers.

Me too, hey were living green what can we say :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i voted "No I'm a complete douche who doesn't give a flying f*ck"

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As long as whatever is used is recyclable, I'm cool.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been thinking about doing this eventually for DCP through Nutra, if we can get the *&&* caps or tabs finished.

Savings wont be HUGE, but a coupla bucks.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I've got so many empty sup containers its not funny. I like the option to get them in baggies. All The Whey gives you the option, then I use that baggie to pack my lunch in for work.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't mind saving money on certain things like FISH OIL caps, and the new 1000 count tub looks NICE, but I'd prefer to just refill that and not have tubs everywhere..and perhaps things like CLA, stuff in extra large bulk. I don't mind the Green Tea caps in the bottles and others...:thumbsup:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been thinking about doing this eventually for DCP through Nutra, if we can get the *&&* caps or tabs finished.

Savings wont be HUGE, but a coupla bucks.
We did it this way when we first started using tubs and the cost difference was something like two or three dollars depending on the amount/size of the product (FWIR).

I'm cheap and have tons of containers from protein and bulk powders. I will definitely buy my stuff in baggies if it will save a couple of bucks! I cap a lot of my own stuff and put it in old supp bottles as it is.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Until NP does something that pisses me off they can keep doing what they are doing. :thumbsup:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
That popcorn packing doesn't piss you off? :rofl:
that pisses me off!
why can't they put that in a baggy?
everytime i open my supplement cupboard, styrofoam popcorn goes everywhere.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
As long as whatever is used is recyclable, I'm cool.

Ditto. I can't stand the styrofoam popcorn it flys away everywhere and sticks to you and in the box, such a waste, just stuff some carboard paper or old newspaper in there.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
As long as stuff doesn't get crushed I don't see why it would be a problem. I've had several bagged products crushed during delivery, though (not from NP). Makes for a very upsetting customer.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as stuff doesn't get crushed I don't see why it would be a problem. I've had several bagged products crushed during delivery, though (not from NP). Makes for a very upsetting customer.
Agreed...last time I ordered Bag 'o Glass from Mainway, inc. it came all crushed up to the point of powder and useless to hand out to kids.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From the standpoint of someone who works ballz deep in the recycling industry, I'm going to have to vote for using plastic containers instead of bags. Film plastic is often more difficult to recycle simply because the outlets for it are far less common than those for #1 PETE and #2 HDPE containers. In the American waste stream, #1 and #2 plastics are the most commonly discarded plastics from homes and many businesses, simply because of the amount of drink containers that we use all of the time.

As much as I love li'l plastic coke baggies to give samples out to friends and family - especially when I show 'em my scale and capper - I still prefer to use and reuse the bottles and tubs. When I'm done, I just take 'em into work to recycle them, adding to our yearly tonnage, resulting in a better performance grant from the PA DEP, and ultimately helping me to keep my job.

Plastic tubs = Tim's paycheck

:trout:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i would have voted "Baggies are for my drugzors.. yah man"

but i realized i'm completly out of drugzors.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
i would have voted "Baggies are for my drugzors.. yah man"

but i realized i'm completly out of drugzors.
You could say you have baggies of the clear...zors.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dime bag? Where?

I hear it's all about the QP!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i like the direction this thread is heading.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I'd be happiest if I had fewer pkg peanuts to through away.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I know alot of you want to joke and have a laugh, which is good, but if you could please stay on topic as this is something that matters to me..quite a lot.

Thanks guys.

Please vote and give your input.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
personally, i reuse the tubs. after i cap all my bulk powders, i put the caps back in the tub and it usually fits perfectly to the top of the tub. then its a lot easier to open and take what i need out without worrying about my pills being damaged if i throw them in my gym bag or what not. looks much cleaner/more organized too IMHO since i have like ten mini tubs sitting on my dresser all labeled with their pretty little tags :p

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
p.s... if it was optional for each item on whether to get the bag or the tub, that would be great if there was some sort of savings =D everyone loves to save money

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
if it helps us get products for slightly less then I'm down!