PEA/Hordenine for memory and focus??

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have been buying bulk PEA from Nutra for some time now. I am glad you posted this. I shall purchase some now already capped.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
do you believe it to help with memory and focus for school? im looking for something cheap and PEA seems to be a good thing

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
phosphatidylserine, bacopa monierra,chloine

lector606

lector606

Awards
Adrenalean seemed to help my ability to concentrate and it contains both, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Best thing by far though IMO is just l-tyrosine. I get the bulk powder from nutraplanet.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, taken from another board:

Phenylethylamine having become recently available in high doses otc in the US has resulted in many reports of potent psychoactive effects in doses ranging from 1-4 grams.

The effects seem to be a blend of thc (which by itself can increase brain levels of PEA up to 4 times) and MDMA.

Noticed positive effects:

Increased focus
body/brain high/buzz/tingle
Very talkative
Feeling waves of warmth
Strong euphoria
Reduced nervous habits or fear reduction
Altered perception (lsd/dmt like in high doses)

Noticed negative effects (especially in higher doses or when used in high doses with an MAO-B inhibitor):

Sweating
Mild nausea
Mild increase heart rate and/or blood pressure
Stronger heart beat
Mild tightness in throat

Dosing for PEA (varies on body weight and tolerance)

1,000-2,000 mg on an empty stomach.
Takes 15-30 minutes kick in.
Generally effects last an hour and people feel in a great mood the rest of the day.
When the effects start to die down an additional 250-500 mg can be taken to have the effects kick in again this can be done several times during the day.
For a more intense effect increase any of the above doses by 250-500 mg.
Start with the lower doses and increase slowly this is key to insuring less side effects and the effects you want.

The highest dose reported at once is 3-4 grams and 5+ grams during the day.

Phenibut or baclofen can be used at anytime to reduce any side effects if too strong of a dose is taken.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
wow thats interesting. so if it acts like thc, thats not a good thing...it makes you blah doesnt it?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hrm, it definitely doesn't have the same effect as THC in that sense, doesn't knock you out or blunt the brain at all...I think the comparison to MDMA (when taking PEA at a HIGH dose) is more accurate, with possibly some of the same effects of THC without being sedating at all - it's more stimulating.

The 'high' only really occurs at high doses or while taking a high dose while on an mao-b inhibitor..and only really occurs for about an hour. You can feel it throughout your whole body at that dose. I figured this out on my own by taking 3 caps once (I've been taking selegaline as well - an mao-b inhibitor), felt the nice warm feeling throughout the body and gentle stimulation. About 4 hours later I took another 3 along with choline and holy crap...wasn't bad at all in any sense but wow...I wasnt' expecting that. I now read that you only need about 200-500mg after to get that same original effect.

I like a regular dose of PEA added to a nootropic stack, makes me feel good. With hordenine it's definitely stimulating.
If you don't want the high associated with the post above, don't take it with a strong mao-b inhibitor like selegaline, and don't take as high of a dose.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no thc doesnt make you blah

hes talking about onlt certain compenents of the effects of tv, not the effects that make you slow. Thc only effects short term memory and doesnt permantly. i dont like PEA with hordenine, because its effects are similar to amphetamines. I dont respond well to amphetamines, the crashes are terrible. Yeah you could take phenibut or some other gaba derivative to reduce the crash, but its sucks notheless.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hrm, it definitely doesn't have the same effect as THC in that sense, doesn't knock you out or blunt the brain at all...I think the comparison to MDMA (when taking PEA at a HIGH dose) is more accurate, with possibly some of the same effects of THC without being sedating at all - it's more stimulating.

The 'high' only really occurs at high doses or while taking a high dose while on an mao-b inhibitor..and only really occurs for about an hour. You can feel it throughout your whole body at that dose.

I like a regular dose of PEA added to a nootropic stack, makes me feel good. With hordenine it's definitely stimulating.
I agree with this assessment...PEA and Hordenine in high dosages (750mg-1.5 grams) is a fantastic, clean stim.

Works great to focus and create, combines well with other Noots, and is a great thing to take before going out (lessens amount of alcohol, keeps you alert and euphoric, etc.)

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what the difference in feeling between high dose pea and pea/hordenine

ive only tried pea hordenine

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what the difference in feeling between high dose pea and pea/hordenine

ive only tried pea hordenine
the Hordenine seems to (subjectively) prolong the effect dramatically, as well as amplify them.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well i order this and it should be here the next few days. Im planning on using it to aid in studying. I want to take it so that i can obsorb the information better and retain it...will these help me do that? Im getting mixed signals over it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well i order this and it should be here the next few days. Im planning on using it to aid in studying. I want to take it so that i can obsorb the information better and retain it...will these help me do that? Im getting mixed signals over it.
Depends on your discipline, IMO. Physically it wont, but it will help put you into a mindset that will allow you more effective study effort.

Combine with a true Noot (picamilon, pyritinol, piracetam/Vinpocetine/HuperzineA) for synergistic effects.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on your discipline, IMO. Physically it wont, but it will help put you into a mindset that will allow you more effective study effort.

Combine with a true Noot (picamilon, pyritinol, piracetam/Vinpocetine/HuperzineA) for synergistic effects.
subliatamine is also good

have you tried piracetam, i bought anarcitam a while ago, but i didnt know what to expect. What do you feel when your on piracetam. Are there any immediate effects or does it take at least two. what effects have u noticed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

have you tried piracetam, i bought anarcitam a while ago, but i didnt know what to expect. What do you feel when your on piracetam. Are there any immediate effects or does it take at least two. what effects have u noticed.
Sulbutiamine is excellent, especially for communication.

I have used Piracetam off and on since 1992 or so (used to drive to Tijuana to get it). You should notice it right away with a good sized attack dose (5-10 grams) and it should feel like electricity coming alive in your head followed by a rush of creativity (my experience, anyway).

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

i already have decent study habits, i just want to be able to retain information better.

ACSlayer

Awards
Now, every supplements lends subjective experiences, but Phosphatidyl Serine at ~800mg worked as a fantastic nootropic for me. In particular, it is highly effective reducing pre-test anxiety and has a nice relaxing/focusing effect. I preferred not to be stimmed at all before my exams...clammy palms will warp scantrons.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established

I've only used C.N. Sulbutiamine which i have noticed they discontinued. I really, really liked this supplement.

How does N.P. Sulbutiamine measure up? I know they have very good quality products but just wanting to know about the Sulbutiamine as it will definitley be a staple for me.

Jag

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So something in the range of 3-5 caps of the PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps then?

2 Basic Cuts + 2 PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps and then another 2 PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps about an hour later?

I agree with this assessment...PEA and Hordenine in high dosages (750mg-1.5 grams) is a fantastic, clean stim.

Works great to focus and create, combines well with other Noots, and is a great thing to take before going out (lessens amount of alcohol, keeps you alert and euphoric, etc.)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So something in the range of 3-5 caps of the PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps then?

2 Basic Cuts + 2 PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps and then another 2 PEA/Hordenine NutraCaps about an hour later?
Exactly.