what is the best suplement for height??

Ciamprone

Awards
i want to icrese my height. my growth plate has yet to close.. the only supplements that i believe could increse height are Growth Hormone increasers.. so which ones on the market are the best???

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
how old are you??
grow to a natural height, dont mess with stuff like that, its called genetics....

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
ummmmm..... I don't even think its safe to try and do that...

i'm pretty sure your stuck with what god gave you.

OpKang101

OpKang101

Awards
You dont know if your plates have closed. Only way to find out is going to the doctor and getting it examined.

The only ways I know to increase height are low doses of non aromatizable steroids or growth hormone. Neither of which I condone at your age

But instead of being self righteous and saying dont do it, go and talk to your doctor and discuss the possible options.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
please tell me what your doctor says, im very interested in his comments. (you dont have to if you dont want to, im just curious)

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
different parents are your only options...but I fear it's too late!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
putting creatin in your 5 yearold sons cornflakes

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wear lifts . . no one notices.

I dont think there is anything you can do, dont you think if it was possible the solution would be marketted and the NBA wouldnt have those short 6 ft 9 in guys?

And what would happen to the midget population . . . extinct!!!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
" i wear lifts...no one notices" what is that supposed to mean?? lol

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I think Muscletech makes a product called Tall Parents Xtreme V2.

This will get the job done.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I think Muscletech makes a product called Tall Parents Xtreme V2.

This will get the job done.
Nobody in my family is over 6'1"... maybe I was adopted ? lol

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
lolololol funny stuff, dude in all honesty you cant control your height without HGH and that would be an even dumber idea than getting a new pair of legs......if your growth plates havent closed you should still be growing.....

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
go to a history museum or museum of torture and see if they have a piece of apparatus called " the rack " Basically your hands are secured and your ankles are tied to a rope which is connected to a wheel . The wheel is turned which pulls on your legs and so you stretch . You will however have to find a museum that will loan you the equipment and a friend who will secure you to a rope and turn the wheel. It will however hurt.

i should stay as you are .

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
" i wear lifts...no one notices" what is that supposed to mean?? lol
They are inserts for shoes to make you taller . . . it was on a Seinfeld episode with the Midget, Mickey.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
haha oh, sorry i didnt know, i like seinfeld, but i dont think i have seen that one....does anything else happen in the episode??

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha oh, sorry i didnt know, i like seinfeld, but i dont think i have seen that one....does anything else happen in the episode??
Mickey, Kramer's actor friend, is discovered to be "lifting" to get a movie role. He is then shunned by the midget community.:nono:

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
wow i cant believe i never saw that one, please excuse me as i go and look for it on TV (serious)

j4ever

Awards
You can go talk to a doc about your options but i doubt they will want to do any type of treatments to increase your height your 5 6 not 4 6 and if growth plates have not closed in your opinion then you are still growing,hold old are you i did not see that.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
this guy i know at the gym is shorter than me but way bulkier.....he is stronger than me....he motivates me because we will box and i can never beat him.....i try to train hard to beat him

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i wish there was a magic bullet..i stopped growing 15yrs ago.

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is NO such supplement that will make you grow just eat your vitamins and stretch :thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
dude, the only way to increase your height is by doing something like yoga to straighten the spine as much as possible and even then you might only gain an inch from corrected posture.

the only GH that is obtainable is from a doctor and any supplement that advertises it's self as a GH product is marketing B.S.

there's always the stretching rack?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i shouldnt worry too much about your height , look at the fun snow white had so you never know your luck

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Go to GNC and I guarantee the Clerk there will sell you Something that probably cost at least $60.00 and will make you tall as hell.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I saw all these replies to this thread and thought to myself "oh god these people actually think supplements can increase your height..."

You're stuck with what you got, sorry! (Coming from a 6'4" person hah)

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
growth hormone injections work but you have to start when you're a child..and I believe therapy lasts for years and thats to gain maybe an inch or two.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
As previously stated you should medical evidence, x-ray or MRI confirming that your growth plates have yet to "seal". Then you should get a basic blood test to analyze hormone levels. HGH therapy may be warranted if levels are low. Otherwise I would stick with low dose AIs or SERMs for at least a year's usage. There's a number of studies showing it works well in adolescents ~15yo. And why I can't absolutely state it will work I have half a dozen cases to believe it does. Height increases are mostly extrapolated from comparisons with siblings but on average 4 inches is not uncommon but again might well be within standard deviation but this would be an uncanny coincidence.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a ****,, but could you get me a link to those studys please, it sounds interesting..!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
You're stuck with what you got, sorry! (Coming from a 6'4" person hah)
Yeah, the secret sorrows of tall guys: IT AINT ALL THAT!!

Hard to find clothes that fit (especially at sale prices), hard to get into or out of cars, ceiling fans make us nervous, and I personally keep my chiropractor in coin by slamming my head against things some short person thought was "high enough"...several times a week (I've started wearing a hat w/ a brim: it warns me when I'm about to hit my head on something).

Soon, though, I'll be strong enough to lift women to a decent kissing altitude (why oh why do the tall women date the shorties? Breaks my heart - and messes w/ my neck)....

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Quick

Hurry Take A Supplement Before The Plates Close

*plates Closing*
*grinding Noise*
Ahhhhhhhhhh Its Too Late!!!
*slam* - your short.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
your growth plates have not closed according to you, intern this means your still growing vertically, i dont see why you arnt happy with your height, i would like to be shorter, even though im not tall......

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the secret sorrows of tall guys: IT AINT ALL THAT!!

Hard to find clothes that fit (especially at sale prices), hard to get into or out of cars, ceiling fans make us nervous, and I personally keep my chiropractor in coin by slamming my head against things some short person thought was "high enough"...several times a week (I've started wearing a hat w/ a brim: it warns me when I'm about to hit my head on something).

Soon, though, I'll be strong enough to lift women to a decent kissing altitude (why oh why do the tall women date the shorties? Breaks my heart - and messes w/ my neck)....
Clothes (jeans that are long enough, and shirts that are long enough without having the sides of the shirt look like you have a built in parachute) I found that A&F XXL do the trick ! I used to work there so I stocked up lol. Also, low doorways I gotta watch out for :(
..To solve the dating situation, just date Victoria's Secret Models since all are 5'10" + lol :p

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
*slaps head*

Of COURSE! WHY didn't I think of that? I have a couple Victorias-Secret models laying around here somewhere, musta forgot about 'em... :rofl:

Still does nothing about them preferring short f@kkers - I think it's a self-esteem issue (of theirs).

Last edited:
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hang around short people :-0

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
There is no supplement for height. It's simple as growing which involves eating a calorie surplus. Unless you are in a calorie surplus in your early growing years you can't achieve your maximum height.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no supplement for height. It's simple as growing which involves eating a calorie surplus. Unless you are in a calorie surplus in your early growing years you can't achieve your maximum height.
Whoa . . . so you say that eating a surplus of calories will make you taller? I have seen that make people W I D E R, but not taller.:trout:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a ****,, but could you get me a link to those studys please, it sounds interesting..!

Here's one a of around a dozen. I'm too lazy to mull through documents to find them all but this one should suffice. The abstract mentions the exact AI used, the duration and even the daily dose. I have enough anecdotal evidence to be convinced this will work and enough confidence to try it on my own kids should they be willing.

1: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Dec;90(12):6396-402. Epub 2005 Sep 27.

Inhibition of estrogen biosynthesis with a potent aromatase inhibitor increases
predicted adult height in boys with idiopathic short stature: a randomized
controlled trial.

Hero M, Norjavaara E, Dunkel L.

Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Finland.

CONTEXT: In males as well as in females, estrogen is an essential regulator of
bone maturation, growth plate fusion, and cessation of longitudinal growth.
Therefore, an increase in predicted adult height (PAH) may be achieved in short
boys by blocking estrogen biosynthesis. OBJECTIVE: We tested the hypothesis that
a decrease in the rate of bone maturation and an increase in PAH can be achieved
in boys with idiopathic short stature (ISS) by the method of blocking estrogen
biosynthesis with an aromatase inhibitor. Secondarily, we investigated the
effects of aromatase inhibition on bone mineralization. DESIGN: This was a
prospective, double-blind, randomized, placebo (Pl)-controlled clinical study.
SETTING: The study was performed at a university hospital out-patient clinic.
PATIENTS: Thirty-one boys, aged 9.0-14.5 yr, with ISS were studied. INTERVENTION:
The boys were treated with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Lz; 2.5 mg/d) or Pl
for 2 yr. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: The main outcome measure was the change in PAH
after 24 months of treatment. RESULTS: PAH increased by 5.9 cm (P < 0.0001), and
height SD score for bone age increased by 0.7 SD score (P < 0.0001) in the
Lz-treated boys, whereas no changes occurred in the respective measures in
Pl-treated boys. Areal bone mineral density of the lumbar spine and femoral neck,
assessed by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, increased in a similar fashion in
both groups during the treatment, whereas bone mineral apparent density increased
only in those taking Lz (median increase, 4.3%; P = 0.009). CONCLUSIONS:
Treatment with the aromatase inhibitor Lz delays bone maturation and improves PAH
in boys with ISS. No adverse effects on bone mineralization were evident after 2
yr of treatment.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was the pickiest eater in the world when I was little and I got to 6'5".
You're saying if I woulda ate more I would have gotten taller ??

LOL !

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
you have your genetic height potential sure, but if you don't eat enough to maintain your growth during your earlier years you'll never reach it. To have a severe impact you'd have to be talking serious mal nutrition, but why do you think people were so much smaller if you look back 100 years - a lot to do with poor/inconsistant nutrition and periods of prolonged hunger!

perhaps you could have made it to 10" tall, now we'll never know because you didn't eat your veggies like your mother told you to...