skin and bones .sort of.

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
first things first...... right now, im trying to bulk up, gain some weight and extra muscle. im teetering on the scale from 140 to 148 up and down every day (i think due to water loss). i went to the GNC store the other day and bought two things; NitroTech HardCore and Amplified Creatine189. The thing is, is that I dont know if i should stack'em or take one at a time. I tried stacking them and had no exercise energy when i did. im barely seeing a result and i dont know what to do. got any suggestions?? weight gainer? protein shake? Carbo load? i came here because i wanted some info and heard you guys have got alot of good ideas. help a brother out.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
First, if your looking to bulk up, you need to drink your protein after you workout.

You can take your creatine pre workout, 1 serving. Follow the directions on the bottle.

For a "workout boost", you won't find with straight creatine or protein. I recommend checking out White FLOOD and purchasing from Nutraplanet.com, as their prices seem to be considerably lower than GNC.

As for you being skinny, you need to eat alot of food. There's a "bulking" section I have alot of information posted there as I used to be a skinny guy as well. Eat eat eat, lift heavy, Lift in Color :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You need to eat more bro. Post up what you typically eat in a day, cals and all. Odds are you're needing to eat ALOT more if you want to put on weight.

RR, I'm suprised you didn't post this yourself:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/102085-another-how-bulk.html

As for your products bandito, generally creatine is a product that is supplemented either pre and post workout, or twice a day on 'off' days. Nitrotech is just a whey protein. Use when you need some additional protein in your diet. Eating a meal? No protein in your whole foods? Add a shake to it.

Good luck chief, get big.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
First of all, it can be done. When I started at the fire department 11 years ago I was 5'11'', 145. Since then I've gotten up to 225 at about 16% BF. Now I've cut back down to 195 at 8%. It does take time however. You're just not going to blow up by 30lbs in a year unless you're taking illegal aids. You should however, make some good gains as you start off and then after a while your gains will slow down.

In addition to lifting, your diet is going to be the decisive factor in the gains you make. There is a difference in eating a lot of good calories and a lot of junk. Protein, protein, protein. I would have a shake before and after your workout with a quick carb thrown in after your workout as well.

Finally, stay away from GNC. You'll pay quite a bit more there than you will at Nutraplanet. Not only that, but you'll get higher quality products and a wider selection from Nutraplanet. And Nutraplanet ships right to you door. I promise, I don't work for Nutraplanet.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You need to eat more bro. Post up what you typically eat in a day, cals and all. Odds are you're needing to eat ALOT more if you want to put on weight.

RR, I'm suprised you didn't post this yourself:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/102085-another-how-bulk.html

As for your products bandito, generally creatine is a product that is supplemented either pre and post workout, or twice a day on 'off' days. Nitrotech is just a whey protein. Use when you need some additional protein in your diet. Eating a meal? No protein in your whole foods? Add a shake to it.

Good luck chief, get big.
Thanks for the link bro, I was hoping he would find the Bulking section and the other great threads there as well.

Happy eating bandit!!!!

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
1) Return the NitroTech and spend it on a better Protein (GF Pro, ON Whey and Isopure are all better)

2) Return the Creatine (get Size On or Green Mag)

You may also want to look into

-A Preworkout Supp (White Flood, Ragnarok)
-Multivitamin

More important than any supplement is to make sure you are eating right.

3500-5000 calories/day

180+g of Protein Daily

Lots of Complex Carbs

Good Luck.

Next Time you are better off finding out what you need online (forums, bro-science) because the guy at GNC either don't know what they are selling, or they are selling it because it gets them commission. Most GNC employees tend to prey on noobs who don't know any better

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
thanks guys. normal intake for foods i usually eat quiznos subs and sammies(nitrotech and creatine between meals and workouts). i go to college so the only good places to eat around is subway and what i bring from home. i jut went shopping todayand loaded upon proteins and fats/calories. normally its 1 12inch sub italian 2 sammies and a bunch of water and soda(sierra mist) i try to stay away from sodas. Today its the same and i added 1 can of chile(mixed with rice and cheese) 2 servings. an apple with peanut butter on it and oatmeal with the protein shake or by itself. i bought a bunch of snack foods like chicken tenders and beef slices for in between meals.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Even though Subway is marketed as a "healthy" fast food chain, it's not the best source of calories or protein.

You're better off cooking small meals for the next day the night before.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
-can't go wrong with a natural peanut butter sammy. Easy to make, good on the go.

-beef jerky is another option for if you're stuck in class a lot.

-Maybe fill a water bottle with xtend so you have some muscle sparing bcaa's during class when you may not be able to eat.

if you're worried about cost:
cans of tuna (protein)
natty pb (fats + protein + fiber)
sunflower seeds (no salt) (fat + protein + fiber, better profile than walnuts!!)
tubs of quick oats (compex carbs + fiber)
spinach (fiber + greens)
apples/bananas (quicker carbs + fiber(apple skin))

Those are just some foods that I usually buy and they're really inexpensive.

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
well thanks :) ill keep in mind ... todays store production ... i bought apples peanutbutter, oats, granola, chicken and beef products, with rice and chile(beans). since i am in school alot ill get some beef jerkey and protein/power bars. thanks for the heads up ill start cooking my own meals from home and bring it with me. where can i find Extend??would it be easier to by from nutraplanet?? or could i get it somewhere else?

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
i'll try a carbo load. i dont think iwas even close to consuming anywhere near from 3500 calories to 5000. so tomorrow will be a new day.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
1) Return the NitroTech and spend it on a better Protein (GF Pro, ON Whey and Isopure are all better)

2) Return the Creatine (get Size On or Green Mag)

You may also want to look into

-A Preworkout Supp (White Flood, Ragnarok)
-Multivitamin

More important than any supplement is to make sure you are eating right.

3500-5000 calories/day

180+g of Protein Daily

Lots of Complex Carbs

Good Luck.

Next Time you are better off finding out what you need online (forums, bro-science) because the guy at GNC either don't know what they are selling, or they are selling it because it gets them commission. Most GNC employees tend to prey on noobs who don't know any better
Good advice :thumbsup:

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
how do I count calories? calories and fat calories? or just calories in general

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
I figured it, i found a site online how to count them. i'm eating up to 4,000+ calories a day and exercising for endurance. im up 10 pounds and i feel great. sleep is better and my day is a lot better too. does anybody know a good supplement for exercise energy. i exercise and after a couple of sets I barely have enough left to finish up. let me know guys.

aedubber

Awards
Whats up dude... What i do is try to eat 5 times a day but small meals with lost of protein and calories.. Try and consume 2 or 3 shakes thru out as well..I would highly recommend White Flood for a pre workout supplement, it is what i take and it gets me thru the night at the gym.. Also im stacking it with Green Magnitude creatine..Ive been hittin the gym a little over 2 months now and everyone has noticed change in me and i also gained a good 10 -15 pounds more ..When i first started out on the bench press free weights i was struggling to put up 150, now i can max out at 250 :) hahah just make sure you eat lots, good sleep , and work out hard

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
Whats up dude... What i do is try to eat 5 times a day but small meals with lost of protein and calories.. Try and consume 2 or 3 shakes thru out as well..I would highly recommend White Flood for a pre workout supplement, it is what i take and it gets me thru the night at the gym.. Also im stacking it with Green Magnitude creatine..Ive been hittin the gym a little over 2 months now and everyone has noticed change in me and i also gained a good 10 -15 pounds more ..When i first started out on the bench press free weights i was struggling to put up 150, now i can max out at 250 :) hahah just make sure you eat lots, good sleep , and work out hard
Thanks Man, I appreciate that. im starting to break down my meals to 5 a day, but tis difficult with my school schedule lol and my personal life. i got it down now. im just waiting for my Extend and ive got creatine. i ve been stuck on 3 to 4 big meals a day 1200+ calories a meal and between 2 and 3 my stomach started to growl because iwas so freaking hungry ... i love it.:pizza: 5,000+calories a day!!!!!!!!!! here i come baby.