weight gainer

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
so here is the situation, i cant get all my calorie needs in each day, i really want a weight gainer that isnt to thick, high in protein and carbs, i dot care about fat content........and if im gunna drink it each day i want it to taste good!
i know about the whole dont rely on this stuff for main protein, i take whey in the morning and i want thins for between lunch an dinner with a snack..

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Personally i use Dymatize Mega Gainer Rich Chocolate flavour for just such an occasion but its not the best choice by far. You can see the sugar in it. Don't get me wrong it mixes and tastes great, its just you'd be far better off (and i will start to give this a go soon) making your own shakes.

There are plenty of recepies on the forum for weight gain shakes, and they'll be cheaper in the long run too.

apsnutrition

Awards
Whey protein with added oats and natural peanut butter. For extra calories throw in some milk and you're set.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
ill look into recipes because i just ordered some whey....than ks, i love muscle milk but it hurt my GI

zay1967

Banned
Awards
I have used Monster Food and it tastes great and mixes easily. Even though your body can't or won't use all of it, but you get 74g of protein from it.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops whey : 40-50 grams protein, bcaa's
1 cup ground oats : complex carbs, fiber, a little protein
2 tbsp natty pb : healthy fats, protein, fiber
2 cups skim milk : extra calories, slow digesting protein

shake and grow! or blend and grow!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
all the nice homemade ones, do the oats make it chunky or do they blend in to where you cant notice them??

caolkailash

Awards
I really like Universal Gain Fast. It's kinda thick but not sickeningly so. It doesn't taste too bad, has an odd after taste but a sip of water gets rid of that. And it's 847 calories. It also seems to make me hungrier (I drank it when not hungry and afterwards I was...it was weird) so I end up eating more in the day as well. I finally made it to 2300 calories in a day with it (I'm normally about 1600 and that seemed like a lot of food and I made effort to get there)

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
alright i think i may look into some more stuff here, idk yet so keep the replies comming

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
My 3 options:

1. blend oats, whole milk, protein powder and peanut butter

2. MHP Up You Mass between meals

3. Universal Real Gains post workout

of course try to eat red meats, eggs, starches, nuts and other high calorie foods as much as possible.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
how does MHP taste, any good?
year i really like the chocolate fudge, Ive got a cookies n creme on the way, i'll let you know how i like it.

MHP's weight gainer is by far the best on the market ingredient wise.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
sounds pretty good ill look up the ingredients now.....brb

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
sounds pretty good ill look up the ingredients now.....brb
what i like about most is the carbs, all are low GI, not maltodextrin or sugars. Theres also a wide spectrum of proteins and a fair amount of fats, all from healthy sources (not to mention a great load of fiber)

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
that will be nice on my stomach, im gunna order 2.2 pd. vanilla and 2.2 pd chocolate to see what i like best, i put it on my list:p