Question about Beta-Alanine

DSMPOWERTSI

DSMPOWERTSI

Awards
In the case of intra-workout drinks containing BA, what merit would it have if your only BA intake was 3 or 4 times a week during workouts? I was under the impression that it must be supplemented a few grams daily, for weeks, to build up carnosine concentration in muscle tissue to notice the benefits. Any suggestions are welcome. :think:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
no point, take it daily for 3 months or 12 weeks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would drink intra workout drinks containing BA on off days as well, not so much for the build up of carnosine but for the amino acids helping you recover. :thumbsup:

apsnutrition

Awards
You can find BA products relatively cheap to use on your off days as well. Not to hype our own product but Plasmagen Nitrate has over 4 grams of Beta Alanine per serving and we have it dosed just right to last at about a month. Its a great value when you look at what all you're getting.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would agree that it should be taken on off days as well. Hell, I take my Swell on both on and off days, and it does contain a solid amount of BA

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're intrawork contains BA, take it on workout days..and then perhaps take another source of BA for off days.

I.E. - IntrAbolic + 1 serving IXL on Workout days
2 servings IXL on off days.

BA needs to be dosed everyday, just like creatine. This is the most efficient way to increase carnosine levels over the span of your supplementation.

Nacho1545

Awards
I use BA and I love it.. I get mine when GNC has sales for like 20 bucks and its like 30 days worth... I buy 1 or 2 bottles at the beginning of every month to make sure that I don't run out... Its great stuff...

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i LOVE BA.. in my opinion u can never have too much.. i try to increase dosage whenever i can. only dose pre workout though

Bigguy851

Bigguy851

Awards
dosage

I dose BA before and after workouts. I also mix some cissus in there for my joints and such. But I found that it was working great like that. I felt a lot stonger then normal while doing this. Tomorrow is actually when I am gonna start back up

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
In the case of intra-workout drinks containing BA, what merit would it have if your only BA intake was 3 or 4 times a week during workouts? I was under the impression that it must be supplemented a few grams daily, for weeks, to build up carnosine concentration in muscle tissue to notice the benefits. Any suggestions are welcome. :think:
The most cost effective route would be to go with bulk powders, at least for your off days. Nutraplanet offers their own bulk powder (which I currently use), and other major companies such as Primaforce also put out their own line of bulk powder for a similiar cost.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine does not need to be dosed daily for effect. For maximal efficiency it would be wise to do so and given the relative inexpensiveness practically no reason not to. You could use your peri-workout formula but it might be a bit wasteful so bulk powder is likely the best option. NOW foods adheres to cGMP and Scivation posts CoAs so you can't go wrong with either.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
or spice up any pre workout drink with more b.a

animaleater2

animaleater2

Awards
The most cost effective route would be to go with bulk powders, at least for your off days. Nutraplanet offers their own bulk powder (which I currently use), and other major companies such as Primaforce also put out their own line of bulk powder for a similiar cost.
Go the bulk route. Without a doubt beta alanine is the most effective non hormonal product out there. Get 4 grams in daily and at the end of week 2 you will be loaded.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dose BA before and after workouts. I also mix some cissus in there for my joints and such. But I found that it was working great like that. I felt a lot stonger then normal while doing this. Tomorrow is actually when I am gonna start back up
look into incarnate, by palo alto.