Milk Thistle for everyday use?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I was just curiuos....does any use (or is it a good idea) to take Milk Thistle on a daily basis as a daily supplement? I'll admit I drink my fair share of alcohol and protein (not at the same time;) ). Would it hurt to take a little (400mg?) per day of Milk Thistle? Also if I do this would the bulk powder be ok if I dump it in a little water and shoot it down or should it be capped?

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
From what I know that wont be a problem at all take it any way you like!

I had really poor liver function tests for years had to diet like a Nazi with no alcohol for months just to get a normal result added an Australian product called Livatone or Livatone plus (mostly milk thistle) and it was fixed. I can even have few drinks in the days leading up to my tests and all was ok :) Not sure about dosing tho I just follow the instructions. Got my info from a book called The liver cleansing diet by Dr Cabot she advocated those products and they worked!

DSMPOWERTSI

DSMPOWERTSI

Awards
It could never hurt to supplement with milk thistle. I picked some up at Target for piece of mind to keep my liver fresh and I've taken it for the past month with no ill effects. The bottle recommends up to 3 capsule a day yielding 320mg of Silymarin. I don't see any reason why this could not be taking daily.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just curiuos....does any use (or is it a good idea) to take Milk Thistle on a daily basis as a daily supplement? I'll admit I drink my fair share of alcohol and protein (not at the same time;) ). Would it hurt to take a little (400mg?) per day of Milk Thistle? Also if I do this would the bulk powder be ok if I dump it in a little water and shoot it down or should it be capped?
I have been taking 1000mg of bulk milk thistle (standardized to 80% silymarin) daily for months with no ill effects. It's cheap at NP and they have a COA posted I believe.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Does it have to be in caps or can it be dissolved in water?

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i think the best way to heal a liver is just to keep it clean..water and nothing else. take cycles of milk thistle, yes....but i wouldent take it more than a supplement cycle worth...just take breaks