A fat burner for my wife who is on prozac?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

A fat burner for my wife who is on prozac?

Hey guys. Just curious about my wife gettin on a fat burner and her being on prozac. Cortisol levels are the only thing I'm concerned about. Don't know much about people who have been on both. My wife had a child not too long ago and wanted to know about a good fat burner. Leviathan? Dcp? Recreate? Hyperdrive? Not sure for my wife? Doesn't workout. Just walks and eats good. Any info would help. Thanks bro's.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

IMO DCP would prolly be best as it doesnt have stims. Or even Lean Xtreme as your concerned about cortisol. Regardless, when it comes to mixing meds and supps I've gotta say she should run it by her doctor before starting.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.4%

Good question...I'd first ask you a couple of questions..How long ago did she have her child? How long has she been on anti-depressants?

Many of the anti-depressants have a side effect of weight gain. If she is taking the meds for a post-partum depression issue, she may not have been on them long enough for this side effect to set in. If it did...or if she continues to have a hard time dropping weight she should consult with a dr. and see about switching anti-depressants.

On a side note, as I'm sure you're both well aware, one of the best ways for women to cut weight after childbirth is breast feeding in addition to exercise.

On another side note...my wife is on an anti-depressant and has a hard time dropping weight. Right now she is on a Hyperdrive/Meltdown stack is has started to drop some weight. She's down 12 lbs since the start of the summer. She hits it pretty hard in the gym as well as doing sprint work first thing in the morning.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Hey guys. Just curious about my wife gettin on a fat burner and her being on prozac. Cortisol levels are the only thing I'm concerned about. Don't know much about people who have been on both. My wife had a child not too long ago and wanted to know about a good fat burner. Leviathan? Dcp? Recreate? Hyperdrive? Not sure for my wife? Doesn't workout. Just walks and eats good. Any info would help. Thanks bro's.

Bravo I can tell you from personal experience that as long as your wife starts slowly and monitors BP and pulse rate she should not have any problems with any of the fat burners you have mentioned and Prozac. Of course please note I say to "start slowly" because everone is different and the neurotransmitter systems in the body are different. She should be all set though.

Mr.50
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the replies guys. First of all she has been on anti dep. Before. Just not lately. Even before the baby. So she is taking them for post pardom. She had it little with our last daughter. Our doctor was just kind enough too help her out just in case on this one. Secondly. She isn't very overweight if at all for just having the baby. She just wants a stimulant to get her back to where she was. Dcp and atomic meltdown seem like great ideas. She is great with stims unlike me. And for sure. Take it slow @ start. Thanks guys.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.32%

Anything with a stimulant in it is a bad idea because of serotonin toxicity issues. Most stimulants have a warning on the label not to take in conjunction with prescription medication for this reason.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT = Clomid+ ? + Prozac
    By gtg223x in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 09:26 PM
  2. Prozac
    By Jurassic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:27 PM
  3. A good weight loss/fat burner for my wife...
    By AMTorres in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
  4. Prozac + Havoc?
    By foland in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
  5. Prozac users.....
    By tek in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 02:07 AM