Preworkout "concoction"

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
so a couple weeks ago I ordered some bulk CEE, citrulline and arginine. Yesterday was the first time that I've taken all three pre-workout and I figured I might as well mix them all together. HOLY HELL. the taste was...well, they're bulk powders, we'll leave it at that. I was hoping the citrulline would overpower the other two but CEE and arginine pack quite a putrid potent punch. Today I tried mixing them in lemonade; the taste was a bit better but not much. Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to try cranberry juice tomorrow but am open to any suggestions.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
If your diet will allow I would try mixing it with a scoop of gatorade powder, its always been good at masking the taste of anyting I put in it. If your looking for calorie/carb free you could try some crystal light packs, but I have never been a fan of those myself.

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
good idea i'll try mixing just a little bit in and see what happens. my diet is important to me, but I also don't like vomiting...:lol:

zachwienandt

zachwienandt

Awards
don't do cranberry juice.. ugh, it's so nasty with powders.. IMO

ejg700

ejg700

Awards
X2 on the Crystal light to go packs! One pack should do the trick, two if you are doing grams of CEE, yellow gold, or other top offenders. along with about eight oz h20. I was mixing rhodiola, citrilline, alcar, and a host of other God-awful tasting powders, and that fixed it right up.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so a couple weeks ago I ordered some bulk CEE, citrulline and arginine. Yesterday was the first time that I've taken all three pre-workout and I figured I might as well mix them all together. HOLY HELL. the taste was...well, they're bulk powders, we'll leave it at that. I was hoping the citrulline would overpower the other two but CEE and arginine pack quite a putrid potent punch. Today I tried mixing them in lemonade; the taste was a bit better but not much. Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to try cranberry juice tomorrow but am open to any suggestions.
Arginine is the worst tasting foul stuff I have found - couldn't seem to find anything to mask it. Probably best it's capped.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had decent luck with the crystal light!

Argh! I remember trying to add arginine powder into my shakes...that was nasty!

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
yeah...I wouldn't serve a CEE and arginine mix to a dog...frankly, they'd prolly be smart enough to not go near it. Thanks for the advise guys, i'm gonna give the crystal lite a shot next workout

zay1967

Banned
Awards
Anyone found anything that mixes well to kill the taste of Vault.. sorry did not to piggy back on the tread. But I would give the crystal light a try. I might even try it on Vault.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lemonade crystal light- if it can neutralize the taste of RPM powder, it can kill anything :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CEE and AEE both taste so nasty I wouldn't waste try crystal light personally. Just throw em on the back of your tongue and wash down with water. CM isn't as bad.
Sounds like you ordered the Ultimate Mass Stack :) Still got the AEE from that, it doesn't seem to go fast b/c of the nasty taste.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I would have certainly opted for bulk creatine monohydrate, cit malate and beta alanine both for better performance and taste.

As said before, whther gatorade or crystal light, these sweet flavored powders will surely aid you in being able to use the bulk powder daily preWO.