storing creatine and l-arginine

Metalocalypse

Metalocalypse

Awards
I just found my workout partner has been storing his creatine and l-arginine in his freezer. What if anything has happend to them from being stored below room temp.

zachwienandt

zachwienandt

Awards
I had the exact opposite thing happen to my lifting partner. He left his Vassive-NO, an optimum nutrition Arginine product, in the trunk of his car. The pills changed from a creamy light yellow to a dark yellow with brown spots. I can't say what changed but he took them anyways and he's still alive.
I had an experience during the winter where i left Hydroxycut Hardcore in my car and the capsules froze. I still had some great fat loss so the effect, if any, on the chemicals was minimal.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
there is a big difference when you heat something opposed to freezing it.

i see no reason to store creatine and arginine in the freezer (other than not using them) as they are very stable compounds.

Metalocalypse

Metalocalypse

Awards
I don't think there's any way I would have taken something that grew brown spots on it.

zachwienandt

zachwienandt

Awards
I didn't mean that the result was similar, I was just suggesting that in both instances the chemicals in the supplements might have undergone changes.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

i see no reason to store creatine and arginine in the freezer (other than not using them) as they are very stable compounds.
I thought I saw a lab analaysis (cert of analysis) on nutra's bulk creatine that stated it should NOT be frozen, but stored in a dark cool dry place...... what effect this may actually have I dont know BUT sometimes freezing, if anything, will cause any amount of humidity in the powder to condense and then that means you have water in your creatine upon thawing which at the very least means clumping and proably improper dosing due to a change in density and at most it may cause the creatine to break down somewhat... this is all speculation but fairly well founded reasoning.