? about Anabolic Pump and pre-contest

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
would including anabolic pump in the carb loading process before a competition be beneficial? i wasn't sure if i should maybe try this or just stick to my GDAs? Thanks for the help!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
would including anabolic pump in the carb loading process before a competition be beneficial? i wasn't sure if i should maybe try this or just stick to my GDAs? Thanks for the help!
How long before a competition are we talking about?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many users use AP to allow for higher carbohydrate intake while dieting. The allowance of 1, 2 or 3 'carb' meals per day can make or break some dieters.

It would stack great with anything you are using as far as fat burners or appetite suppressants, etc.

*My training partner used Anabolic Pump during his diet and prep for the 2008 NPC Mr. Pittsburgh and he was coming in great. A non-lifting injury pulled him out of the competition though. :(

Give us a little more info...

Best of luck buddy!

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
i have about 6 weeks until my show and i've been following the CKD diet. i was just curious if AP would help me force more carbs into my muscles during that carb up time period a few days before the show rather than the regular GDAs. hopefully that makes sense haha. my diet and training are in order and what not, i just want see if i can stuff my muscles come competition time :) This is my last teen competition so i wanna go out with a bang!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have about 6 weeks until my show and i've been following the CKD diet. i was just curious if AP would help me force more carbs into my muscles during that carb up time period a few days before the show rather than the regular GDAs. hopefully that makes sense haha. my diet and training are in order and what not, i just want see if i can stuff my muscles come competition time :) This is my last teen competition so i wanna go out with a bang!
I understand. I will quote Mulletsoldier on this topic as he is much more educated on this type of diet.

Please reference my next two posts.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully this will allow you to understand the mechanisms and such...

Ketosis is simply the process of your body hydrolyzing (chemical breakdown via the interjection of a water molecule to form two end products, or the reaction of a substrate with water) stored triglycerides (fatty acid chains combined with a glycerol, and the body's primary source of stored adipose) to be used as fuel; Ketosis is the recognition by your body of chronic starvation. It therefore causes lipolysis (breakdown of stored triglycerides into respective fatty acids and glycerol molecules) in order to provide fuel in the absence of glucose (your body uses these as fuel via B-Oxidation). AP is beneficial, because it will expedite (speed up) this process due to its direct interconnectivity with many of the above mentioned processes.

a) It increases levels of CPT-1. CPT-1 is the rate-limiting (controls the rate at which a process can occur) enzyme of B-Oxidation (the oxidizing of fatty acids to be used as fuel), and increasing it increases the amount of lipids your mitochondria will use as fuel. This is important, because even during Ketosis where lipolysis (break up of TG into FAs) is occurring, if you do not oxidize (burn) the FAs, they will simply redeposit.

b) On the note of redepositing, AMPk inhibits the accumulation and synthesis of TGs and cholesterol. Why is this beneficial, and tied into the above point? Because if the redepositing of lipids is inhibited, they will be forced to circulate the bloodstream continually; with the increasing of CPT-1, the possibility is increased they will subsequently be oxidized.

Now, as I said, R-ALA is not an anti-lipogenic (compound which inhibits the accumulation, differentiation, or biosynthesis of lipids) and would not assist as greatly as AP would on a "carb-up" during Ketosis. The primary goal of Ketosis is releasing stored triglycerides into the bloodstream to be oxidized: AP accomplishes this. The fundamental step to remaining in Ketosis is low blood sugar levels: AP accomplishes this.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a more exact explanation with definitions...

So everybody is on the same page, I'll review some of the relevant terms here.

PPAR-y (gamma) stands for Peroxisome Proliferated Activated Receptor, and is a subclass in a family of receptor proteins that exert transcriptional control over lipid binding genes and enzymes. This essentially means that it controls the differentiation (unspecialized cells developing into specialized functions; such as preadipocytes differentiating into adipocytes), proliferation (rapid growth and multiplication) and accumulation (plasma triglycerides and FAs bonding to stored adipose) of lipids by regulating the mRNA expression of genes responsible for carrying out these effects.

ACC stands for acetyl-CoA-carboxylase, and is responsible for the carboxylation of Acetyl-CoA into Malonyl-CoA. This process highly regulates the storage of plasma triglycerides, and inhibits the B-Oxidation of FAs by cell mitochondria, as Malonyl-CoA directly inhibits CPT-1: The rate-limiting step for mitochondrial B-Oxidation.

Malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase performs the exact opposite function of ACC, and catalyzes the conversion of Malonyl-CoA back into Acetyl-CoA and a carbon dioxide emission. It therefore directly increases levels of CPT-1, and subsequently the B-Oxidation of FAs.

Now, all this is important for one, primary factor: AMPk (adenosine monophosphate kinase) exerts transcriptional (limits the mRNA expression of) control of PPAR-y, while also exerting post-translational control over its co-activation factors, as well as directly regulating levels of ACC, Malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase, and therefore levels of Malonyl-CoA and CPT-1. Now, why is that important? Because all of the aforementioned compounds directly regulate the storage of circulating triglycerides and fatty acid chains, and therefore regulate the differentiation and proliferation (growth) of lipids (fat). This is the exact opposite effect one desires when attempting to enter ketosis (Acetyl-CoA directly induces ketone body production by the liver as well) - one desires the inhibited synthesis of triglycerides and cholesterol, the increased B-Oxidation of fatty acids, and the decreased redepositing and accumulation of lipids. By raising AMPk (and research has directly shown ACC and MCD inhibition as well, while Corsolic Acid potently regulates PPAR-y mRNA expression in adipose) AP contributes significantly to effects which are beneficial to Ketosis.

Here is a shorthand legend:

PPAR-y: Peroxisome Proliferated Activated Receptor

Function: Diverse, but in an adipose tissue, lipid-specific respect, it exerts gene expression of lipogenic storage factors (genes which regulate the storage of lipids). Also keep in mind there are three subclasses of PPAR-y: PPAR-y1, PPAR-y2, PPAR-y3. It is Gamma 2 which is dominantly expressed in adipose tissue, and responsible for lipid storage.

ACC: Acetyl-CoA-Carboxylase

Function: Carboxylates Acetyl-CoA into Malonyl-CoA, which subsequently lowers levels of CPT-1, and therein the oxidation of Fatty Acids by mitochondria.

Malonyl-CoA-Decarboxylase

Function: Decarboxylates Malonyl-CoA into Acetyl-CoA and Carbon Dioxide, thereby raising levels of CPT-1 and increasing mitochondrial oxidation.

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
dang thats a lot of info! thanks for the help bro. so from what i read, i take it that AP is the Shiz and i should order some in the next few days haha

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dang thats a lot of info! thanks for the help bro. so from what i read, i take it that AP is the Shiz and i should order some in the next few days haha
Exactly!

:thumbsup:

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
would you recommend stacking it with anything else from USP Labs? or any other product for that matter?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
would you recommend stacking it with anything else from USP Labs? or any other product for that matter?
If you are in a pre-contest diet, you will want to stack USPlabs Anabolic Pump, ReCreate (If you do not already have a 'fat burner') and PowerFULL.

Anabolic Pump is going to allow you to better utilize your carbohydrate intake. As well as increase your endurance and physical preparedness. This is very important for someone doing a lot of cardio work. You will also enjoy the 'Food Pump' during dieting. You will experience a consistent hardening/fullness effect from the food you consume in combination with Anabolic Pump.

ReCreate will allow you to mobilize and burn fat very effectively and efficiently. You will have increased thyroid output, increased norepinephrine, appetite suppression, potent cortisol control, anti-catabolic properties.... I could go on... :)

PowerFULL will increase HGH, you will feel like you are on top of the world, you will sleep like a baby (a big + while dieting), and increased aggression in the gym.

You will see great results from this stack, to say the least. I have 3 clients that are dieting for natural bodybuilding contests and this is the stack they are running. And loving it.

Good luck buddy!

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
awesome it sounds like a great stack! i'll have to order some AP and Powerfull today. is powerfull ok to take if your 19? i'm not scared to take it or anything i just didn't want it to mess up my endocrine system. thanks for your help bro. this is only my second competition so i'm still tryin to figure out what works best for my body.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awesome it sounds like a great stack! i'll have to order some AP and Powerfull today. is powerfull ok to take if your 19? i'm not scared to take it or anything i just didn't want it to mess up my endocrine system. thanks for your help bro. this is only my second competition so i'm still tryin to figure out what works best for my body.
Over 18 is recommended. At 19, you will be fine.
If you need any help with your diet, training or anything, just let us know. We have a pretty vast Rep team that could help you out, if needed.

Again, best of luck with your comp.

bobocpt55 = :bb3:

bobocpt55

bobocpt55

Awards
thanks for all the support and help bro. i'll hit you up if i ever need any help with my diet or anything. hopefully one day i'll look like this :bb3: haha