1. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Best digestion supplement?

Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on a solid digestion aid. With all the protein I take in I'm wondering if alot of it is being un-used and wasted. I only take a papya aid and my regular Animalpak with digestion aids. I'm really wondering if I should add something else in there to make sure i'm getting a 100% turn a round on ingested protein. Thanks in advace.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

*Cough* Gut Health *Cough*

Oh ok, that was a shameless plug.

Read my info in the Gut Health sticky. Tons of good info john.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

Acidophilus is a good one, I don't take it regularly but it is in Kombucha and that has definatley done wonders for me. You can buy it at almost any vitamin store.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

dsade is a bulk powder genius, he has handled bulk at nutra for as long as i can remember. sam had enough confidence in his knowledge and integrity to put him in this position, and dsade puts his reputation on the line with every product. rpn does not have as much variety in their product line as i would like but what they have works well. go with the gut health, i did. btw get the damn dcp back in stock.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

+1, BIG TIME. Gut Health is phenominal stuff. Very affordable to run as a staple, as I have been doing for some time. It'll cover your bases.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well im not referring any healthy bacteria digestive aids but i will say ATW fiber90 is a pretty good supplement for getting things solid and moving eww. Jarrows and Gut Health are good bacteria based aids that i have used.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on a solid digestion aid. With all the protein I take in I'm wondering if alot of it is being un-used and wasted. I only take a papya aid and my regular Animalpak with digestion aids. I'm really wondering if I should add something else in there to make sure i'm getting a 100% turn a round on ingested protein. Thanks in advace.
    1. bromelain- I LOVE this stuff!! Good for digestion, plus has unique anti-inflammatory and healing effect- I included the 2000 gdu version in large amounts in our new Osteo-Sport- works wonders for joints and recovery as well
    2. papaya or papain also do a pretty good job for digestion

for indigestion- try lower extract % (5-10%) cissus- it has a component that disables some of the main MOAs of heartburn
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you are specifically looking to optimize protein uptake, one of the key agents that comes to mind is bromelain, a proteolytic digestive enzyme obtained from pineapples. Apart from enhancing protein absorption, it also positively influences overall protein turnover, including proteins in joint tissue. So, it has ancillary effects on maintaining joint, cartilage, tendon, and ligament integrity via inhibition of inflammatory conditions. Besides its digestive support, bromelain is also known to enhance quercetin uptake. This is one reason some supplement companies like to add bromelain and quercetin (enhances resveratrol absorption) to resveratrol to optimize resveratrol bioavailability.

Papain, obtained from papaya, is another enhancer of protein uptake, and may even help to trigger protein synthesis.

Sometimes, I like to use zinc-L-carnosine to counteract the negative influence of Heliobacter pylori (H. Pylori), the bacterium that triggers pro-inflammatory conditions in stomach tissue.
    Zinc-l-carnosine neutralizes the inflammatory effects of H. Pylori and inhibits cytokine release.

In some cases, it might help sort out the intestinal flora first, before embarking on supplementation with digestive enzymes. Güt Health is one of the ideal choices in such a case.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Gah you beat me to bromelain by 2 minutes lol. I second that recommendation.
    Edit: Looks like rms mentioned it a while ago!

Also for overall digestion, check out Super Enzymes (180 tabs) By: NOW Foods
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    If you are specifically looking to optimize protein uptake, one of the key agents that comes to mind is bromelain, a proteolytic digestive enzyme obtained from pineapples. Apart from enhancing protein absorption, it also positively influences overall protein turnover, including proteins in joint tissue. So, it has ancillary effects on maintaining joint, cartilage, tendon, and ligament integrity via inhibition of inflammatory conditions. Besides its digestive support, bromelain is also known to enhance quercetin uptake. This is one reason some supplement companies like to add bromelain and quercetin (enhances resveratrol absorption) to resveratrol to optimize resveratrol bioavailability.

Papain, obtained from papaya, is another enhancer of protein uptake, and may even help to trigger protein synthesis.

Sometimes, I like to use zinc-L-carnosine to counteract the negative influence of Heliobacter pylori (H. Pylori), the bacterium that triggers pro-inflammatory conditions in stomach tissue.
    Zinc-l-carnosine neutralizes the inflammatory effects of H. Pylori and inhibits cytokine release.

In some cases, it might help sort out the intestinal flora first, before embarking on supplementation with digestive enzymes. Güt Health is one of the ideal choices in such a case.
    you and dsade are my authorities on nutritive supplements! gut health for the win!!!
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Black Hole
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

The great effects of Gut Health are many fold. The probiotic bacteria itself (Lactobacillus Casei KE-99) has shown to effectively displace or competetively exclude pathogenic/non-useful bacteria. This allows for a much more effective digestion process overall.

This is achieved by the probiotic bacterias' ability to more effectively break down food (aiding in digestion), and improve subsequent absorbtion and utilization of acquired nutrients. Not to mention improving symptoms of flatulence (Which is mainly due to undesireable bacteria's breakdown of nutrients), improve symptoms of issues such as, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Reflux, and lactose intolerance. Gut Health also improves immune function through a few different pathways.

You've also been given some other great suggestions to attenuate issues in this regard.

Legendary

13. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

Thanks for all the info...Ive seen lot of stuff about this Gut Health I think I'm gonna give it a shot...
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

The great effects of Gut Health are many fold. The probiotic bacteria itself (Lactobacillus Casei KE-99) has shown to effectively displace or competetively exclude pathogenic/non-useful bacteria. This allows for a much more effective digestion process overall.

This is achieved by the probiotic bacterias' ability to more effectively break down food (aiding in digestion), and improve subsequent absorbtion and utilization of acquired nutrients. Not to mention improving symptoms of flatulence (Which is mainly due to undesireable bacteria's breakdown of nutrients), improve symptoms of issues such as, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Reflux, and lactose intolerance. Gut Health also improves immune function through a few different pathways.

You've also been given some other great suggestions to attenuate issues in this regard.
    it's a good thing you represent a quality company with great products, you would be dangerous on wall street. can you say junk bonds.
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt;
    it's a good thing you represent a quality company with great products, you would be dangerous on wall street. can you say junk bonds.
    Can you say "Michael Milken" and "Drexel"?
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    Lol - I've been told something similar before.

Legendary

17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

Can you say "Michael Milken" and "Drexel"?
    hehe, just some fun with t-1, everyone knows john is a stand-up guy.
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt;
    hehe, just some fun with t-1, everyone knows john is a stand-up guy.
    Who is John?
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

Who is John?
    i think he did some baptising, no wait that was the other guy.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Who is John?
    Last edited by Trauma1; 08-17-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Legendary

21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Black HOLE is an appetite enhancer with a digestion complex mixed in. Best of both worlds, I"m assuming you need digestive support because of a high calorie/protien diet. That's what I recommend that. Good luck bro!
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

honestly gut health made me pass MORE gas. (which is almost impossible)
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    honestly gut health made me pass MORE gas. (which is almost impossible)
    During the loading phase, this is a very common occurance. It's due to the competetive exclusion process of bacteria. Once the KE-99 strain has established itself in sufficient numbers (Through colonization), this side effect should subside. It typically can last up to a week in some individuals.

Legendary

24. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

During the loading phase, this is a very common occurance. It's due to the competetive exclusion process of bacteria. Once the KE-99 strain has established itself in sufficient numbers (Through colonization), this side effect should subside. It typically can last up to a week in some individuals.
    thanks trauma, didnt know that at all, thats the first ive heard that. Guess i shouldve bought the big bottle.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    thanks trauma, didnt know that at all, thats the first ive heard that. Guess i shouldve bought the big bottle.
    I'm actually glad you brought that to my attention though. I believe i omitted that in the Gut Health Write-up. I need to add that in there for sure, so thank you.

Legendary

26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1;
    Exactly what I expected!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Exactly what I expected!
    Once i found that pic, i knew i had to have it as my new avy.

Legendary

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.96%

Totally different approach here, but maybe you could also try to drink some Aloe Vera.

I was quite a non-believer about this but tried it out and worked pretty well. I've always had a lot of digestion issues as well as GI problems. Drinking 1 or 2oz or Aloe Vera along my meals or my pills helped me out A LOT.

May be worth a shot for you as well.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Totally different approach here, but maybe you could also try to drink some Aloe Vera.

I was quite a non-believer about this but tried it out and worked pretty well. I've always had a lot of digestion issues as well as GI problems. Drinking 1 or 2oz or Aloe Vera along my meals or my pills helped me out A LOT.

also a great suggestion- aloe has some strong regenerative and wound healing properties
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  30. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%

Gut Health ftmfw!
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

I remember while on a cruise a few years ago we stopped on the island curascao in the carribbean. They had a huge aloe vera farm there. They had some of those aloe vera drinks for sale. At the time i thought it was completely nuts, but after some research i've come to encompass the thought.

Legendary

32. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

I remember while on a cruise a few years ago we stopped on the island curascao in the carribbean. They had a huge aloe vera farm there. They had some of those aloe vera drinks for sale. At the time i thought it was completely nuts, but after some research i've come to encompass the thought.
    Funny thing trauma I'm actually going there on a cruise in 3 weeks..Might want to check that out..lol
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Black Hole
    Black Hole aids in digestion?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

Gut health. It also helps with Protein Fumes, The kind that come after a shake or a big meal.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.62%

I've personally never had anything more effective than NOW foods super enzymes...I'll not touch any other digestion method again after trying others, and now after using NOW.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Whey Protein Digestion
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 05:32 PM
  2. Digestion
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 10:26 AM
  3. pill digestion
    By DreamOfWeight in forum Nutrition / Health