Best digestion supplement?

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on a solid digestion aid. With all the protein I take in I'm wondering if alot of it is being un-used and wasted. I only take a papya aid and my regular Animalpak with digestion aids. I'm really wondering if I should add something else in there to make sure i'm getting a 100% turn a round on ingested protein. Thanks in advace.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
*Cough* Gut Health *Cough* :D

Oh ok, that was a shameless plug. :)

Read my info in the Gut Health sticky. Tons of good info john.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Acidophilus is a good one, I don't take it regularly but it is in Kombucha and that has definatley done wonders for me. You can buy it at almost any vitamin store.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

dsade is a bulk powder genius, he has handled bulk at nutra for as long as i can remember. sam had enough confidence in his knowledge and integrity to put him in this position, and dsade puts his reputation on the line with every product. rpn does not have as much variety in their product line as i would like but what they have works well. go with the gut health, i did. btw get the damn dcp back in stock.:thumbsup:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established

+1, BIG TIME. Gut Health is phenominal stuff. Very affordable to run as a staple, as I have been doing for some time. It'll cover your bases.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well im not referring any healthy bacteria digestive aids but i will say ATW fiber90 is a pretty good supplement for getting things solid and moving eww. Jarrows and Gut Health are good bacteria based aids that i have used.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on a solid digestion aid. With all the protein I take in I'm wondering if alot of it is being un-used and wasted. I only take a papya aid and my regular Animalpak with digestion aids. I'm really wondering if I should add something else in there to make sure i'm getting a 100% turn a round on ingested protein. Thanks in advace.
1. bromelain- I LOVE this stuff!! Good for digestion, plus has unique anti-inflammatory and healing effect- I included the 2000 gdu version in large amounts in our new Osteo-Sport- works wonders for joints and recovery as well
2. papaya or papain also do a pretty good job for digestion

for indigestion- try lower extract % (5-10%) cissus- it has a component that disables some of the main MOAs of heartburn

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are specifically looking to optimize protein uptake, one of the key agents that comes to mind is bromelain, a proteolytic digestive enzyme obtained from pineapples. Apart from enhancing protein absorption, it also positively influences overall protein turnover, including proteins in joint tissue. So, it has ancillary effects on maintaining joint, cartilage, tendon, and ligament integrity via inhibition of inflammatory conditions. Besides its digestive support, bromelain is also known to enhance quercetin uptake. This is one reason some supplement companies like to add bromelain and quercetin (enhances resveratrol absorption) to resveratrol to optimize resveratrol bioavailability.

Papain, obtained from papaya, is another enhancer of protein uptake, and may even help to trigger protein synthesis.

Sometimes, I like to use zinc-L-carnosine to counteract the negative influence of Heliobacter pylori (H. Pylori), the bacterium that triggers pro-inflammatory conditions in stomach tissue.
Zinc-l-carnosine neutralizes the inflammatory effects of H. Pylori and inhibits cytokine release.

In some cases, it might help sort out the intestinal flora first, before embarking on supplementation with digestive enzymes. Güt Health is one of the ideal choices in such a case.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you are specifically looking to optimize protein uptake, one of the key agents that comes to mind is bromelain, a proteolytic digestive enzyme obtained from pineapples. Apart from enhancing protein absorption, it also positively influences overall protein turnover, including proteins in joint tissue. So, it has ancillary effects on maintaining joint, cartilage, tendon, and ligament integrity via inhibition of inflammatory conditions. Besides its digestive support, bromelain is also known to enhance quercetin uptake. This is one reason some supplement companies like to add bromelain and quercetin (enhances resveratrol absorption) to resveratrol to optimize resveratrol bioavailability.

Papain, obtained from papaya, is another enhancer of protein uptake, and may even help to trigger protein synthesis.

Sometimes, I like to use zinc-L-carnosine to counteract the negative influence of Heliobacter pylori (H. Pylori), the bacterium that triggers pro-inflammatory conditions in stomach tissue.
Zinc-l-carnosine neutralizes the inflammatory effects of H. Pylori and inhibits cytokine release.

In some cases, it might help sort out the intestinal flora first, before embarking on supplementation with digestive enzymes. Güt Health is one of the ideal choices in such a case.
you and dsade are my authorities on nutritive supplements! gut health for the win!!!:thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The great effects of Gut Health are many fold. The probiotic bacteria itself (Lactobacillus Casei KE-99) has shown to effectively displace or competetively exclude pathogenic/non-useful bacteria. This allows for a much more effective digestion process overall.

This is achieved by the probiotic bacterias' ability to more effectively break down food (aiding in digestion), and improve subsequent absorbtion and utilization of acquired nutrients. Not to mention improving symptoms of flatulence (Which is mainly due to undesireable bacteria's breakdown of nutrients), improve symptoms of issues such as, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Reflux, and lactose intolerance. Gut Health also improves immune function through a few different pathways.

You've also been given some other great suggestions to attenuate issues in this regard.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the info...Ive seen lot of stuff about this Gut Health I think I'm gonna give it a shot...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The great effects of Gut Health are many fold. The probiotic bacteria itself (Lactobacillus Casei KE-99) has shown to effectively displace or competetively exclude pathogenic/non-useful bacteria. This allows for a much more effective digestion process overall.

This is achieved by the probiotic bacterias' ability to more effectively break down food (aiding in digestion), and improve subsequent absorbtion and utilization of acquired nutrients. Not to mention improving symptoms of flatulence (Which is mainly due to undesireable bacteria's breakdown of nutrients), improve symptoms of issues such as, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Reflux, and lactose intolerance. Gut Health also improves immune function through a few different pathways.

You've also been given some other great suggestions to attenuate issues in this regard.
it's a good thing you represent a quality company with great products, you would be dangerous on wall street.:icon_lol: can you say junk bonds.:lol:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's a good thing you represent a quality company with great products, you would be dangerous on wall street.:icon_lol: can you say junk bonds.:lol:
Can you say "Michael Milken" and "Drexel"? :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol - I've been told something similar before. :lol:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Black HOLE is an appetite enhancer with a digestion complex mixed in. Best of both worlds, I"m assuming you need digestive support because of a high calorie/protien diet. That's what I recommend that. Good luck bro!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly gut health made me pass MORE gas. (which is almost impossible)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly gut health made me pass MORE gas. (which is almost impossible)
During the loading phase, this is a very common occurance. It's due to the competetive exclusion process of bacteria. Once the KE-99 strain has established itself in sufficient numbers (Through colonization), this side effect should subside. It typically can last up to a week in some individuals.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
During the loading phase, this is a very common occurance. It's due to the competetive exclusion process of bacteria. Once the KE-99 strain has established itself in sufficient numbers (Through colonization), this side effect should subside. It typically can last up to a week in some individuals.
thanks trauma, didnt know that at all, thats the first ive heard that. Guess i shouldve bought the big bottle.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks trauma, didnt know that at all, thats the first ive heard that. Guess i shouldve bought the big bottle.
I'm actually glad you brought that to my attention though. I believe i omitted that in the Gut Health Write-up. I need to add that in there for sure, so thank you. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Totally different approach here, but maybe you could also try to drink some Aloe Vera.

I was quite a non-believer about this but tried it out and worked pretty well. I've always had a lot of digestion issues as well as GI problems. Drinking 1 or 2oz or Aloe Vera along my meals or my pills helped me out A LOT.

May be worth a shot for you as well.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Totally different approach here, but maybe you could also try to drink some Aloe Vera.

I was quite a non-believer about this but tried it out and worked pretty well. I've always had a lot of digestion issues as well as GI problems. Drinking 1 or 2oz or Aloe Vera along my meals or my pills helped me out A LOT.

also a great suggestion- aloe has some strong regenerative and wound healing properties

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I remember while on a cruise a few years ago we stopped on the island curascao in the carribbean. They had a huge aloe vera farm there. They had some of those aloe vera drinks for sale. At the time i thought it was completely nuts, but after some research i've come to encompass the thought.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
I remember while on a cruise a few years ago we stopped on the island curascao in the carribbean. They had a huge aloe vera farm there. They had some of those aloe vera drinks for sale. At the time i thought it was completely nuts, but after some research i've come to encompass the thought.
Funny thing trauma I'm actually going there on a cruise in 3 weeks..Might want to check that out..lol

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Gut health. It also helps with Protein Fumes, The kind that come after a shake or a big meal.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've personally never had anything more effective than NOW foods super enzymes...I'll not touch any other digestion method again after trying others, and now after using NOW.